birth statistics

Guest guest

Guest guest

In today's paper there were 58 births announced.

30 babies were listed with the mother & father having the same last name so I am assuming they were married

18 babies were listed with the mother & father having different names so I imagine the parents weren't married

10 babies were listed with no father's name at all????

52% married

48% not married

17% no father listed

Not that marriage is all that it was cracked up to be, but it seemes like the morals in this country are going to hell. Of course this is not surprising considering the actions of a lot of our elected officials and religious leaders as well.

I just wondered how many of those babies will end up being on the welfare roles.

Guest Guest
Not that marriage is all that it was cracked up to be, but it seemes like the morals in this country are going to hell. Of course this is not surprising considering the actions of a lot of our elected officials and religious leaders as well.

And what did you expect? Morals? What are they? No one under 40 seems to know anymore.

@

Guest Guest
And what did you expect? Morals? What are they? No one under 40 seems to know anymore.

@

Alot of people in their 40's are going nuts in this day in time :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

18 babies were listed with the mother & father having different names so I imagine the parents weren't married

While your assumption is likely correct for the majority, at least a few of them could be a case of a married couple with the wife keeping her maiden name.

@

While your assumption is likely correct for the majority, at least a few of them could be a case of a married couple with the wife keeping her maiden name.

@

I was going to say that!! Or like in my case ~ I used a hyphenated last name for several years after I was married. I know that one of our children's birth announcements dropped the hyphenated name and it did appeared we were not married.

30 babies were listed with the mother & father having the same last name so I am assuming they were married

52% married

48% not married

17% no father listed

I just wondered how many of those babies will end up being on the welfare roles.

My child was born in wedlock to myself and my husband who was an abusive jerk who is now my ex-husband. To assume that an unmarried woman with a child will just give up and go on welfare is insulting. I work my tail off to provide for my son-without any help from anyone. I think you probably have bigger worries in your own personal life than to worry about statistics in the paper, am I right?

Guest Jeff Stryker

There was also at least one baby born to a same-sex couple; there were two females listed as parents.

So, they're not married. Their last names are different. Where do they fall in to your statistics?

@

There was also at least one baby born to a same-sex couple; there were two females listed as parents.

So, they're not married. Their last names are different. Where do they fall in to your statistics?

@

How do you know they were both female?? Do you know them personally?

Guest billy raye

52% married

48% not married

17% no father listed

Your point being?

@

Archived