Wildwood,New Jersey

Guest bobbie

Guest NJ The Eastcoast Armpit
I am looking to go to Wildwood,can someone tell me a place to stay and if its worth the trip,we have 4 children.Thanks

"New Jersey" & "worth the trip" aren't usually said in the same sentence. That's really all you need to know.

Guest Guest

We used to take our kids there a few times each summer..at the time we stayed at a small place called J & P motel but they have since closed..last time we went, we stayed at a place on the boardwalk called Arabian Nights Motel. It was clean, the rooms were nice, not overly expensive and there were no bed bugs..lol.

Wildwood Crest is for older people, newlyweds, and people who don't want the noise of the boardwalk fun like the piers, restaurants etc..I'm not sure if Arabian Nights is still open but I know the Oceanic Hotel is..and is nice, good for kids, has a pool and is right across the street from the boardwalk...check there and see if you can get a room..

@

Guest Oceon Bob

...4 kids? you better be on the beach. . I would stay at Crest...Call Wildwood crest Chamber of Commerce and they will send you a booklet....google them or Aol search them through some engine you have.search for a map...get one on theNorth sie of the street if you like all day sun otherwise the shadows block your sun and you will be in the shade but with kids you have to be on the beach.you will pay over 200 a night in summer.

...4 kids? you better be on the beach. . I would stay at Crest...Call Wildwood crest Chamber of Commerce and they will send you a booklet....google them or Aol search them through some engine you have.search for a map...get one on theNorth sie of the street if you like all day sun otherwise the shadows block your sun and you will be in the shade but with kids you have to be on the beach.you will pay over 200 a night in summer.

I agree, if you have 4 kids stay away from Wildwood. Wildwood Crest is good, Ocean City is great with a 2.5 mile boardwalk. Ocean City is geared more to families, dry town, no bars. You have to cross the bay for that. Your 4 kids would get a real "education" in Wildwood.

Guest Guest

I can't say this strongly enough, spend 10 more minutes and go to Cape May. Wildwood is trasy, while Cape May is gorgeous and really great for families. Beautiful beach, very clean town, things going on all the tiem and a really great night life for young kids. Really, go just a bit farther and go to Cape May.

Guest Guest

We've gone to WW for years. Unfortunately, in't undergoing a huge condo-ization. Many of the Mom & Pop motels have been knocked down and the real estate used for condos.

But the beach is great: very wide & safe - and the town is really staging a nice comeback from the run-down days of the 80's.

Guest Guest
The Royal Hiawian is a nice place. I have friends that have stayed there.

back in the day, we used to go to wildwood crest. great beach. i rented a condo on the beach for 1800.00 a week. stayed once at the el coronado and it was OK. likes the condo much better. cape amy is nice for an evening visit,but i would not stay there. the beach is NOT THAT GOOD and very rocky. but a beautiful quaint town, it is. we enjoyed the carriage ride every evening after dinner.

@

Guest sudzette

We stay at the PanAmerican, it's located in Wildwood Crest at the end of the Boardwalk (two hotels in). It's very nice, clean, great for families with kids. Easy access to Boardwalk and on the Beach side. Big pool & kiddie pool, outdoor grill restaurant for easy lunches. Inside restaurant -good for breakfast. We really enjoy it but I would check what week your going and look it up online to see

what's going on-Not good during High School Sr. Week or Bikers week.

Guest Only If
I am looking to go to Wildwood,can someone tell me a place to stay and if its worth the trip,we have 4 children.Thanks

I would go to Wildwood only if your kids are older than ten and are tall enough to ride rides on the boardwalk. My parents took me when I was 8 and 12. It was no fun for me when I was 8 because it was a pretty intimidating place with a bunch of young punks hanging around at night. When I was 12 I wasn't nearly as intimidated and have a much better memory of the place!!!!!!!

Guest been there

The Port Royal in Wildwood Crest. I've Been there four times with the family and it was very nice. Very family oriented. They do not rent to students unless they are with parents. Be careful on the boardwalk. It's nice for families during the day but at night it's an awakening especially for your kids. We found Wildwood to be dirty. We went on Memorial Day weekend, it was kind of like spring break. Be sure to go Cape May. Beautiful spot.

Guest Badda Bing
We've gone to WW for years. Unfortunately, in't undergoing a huge condo-ization. Many of the Mom & Pop motels have been knocked down and the real estate used for condos.

But the beach is great: very wide & safe - and the town is really staging a nice comeback from the run-down days of the 80's.

Went to the Royal Hawaian for the last 15 yrs was a great place but went down hill in the last 5yrs I won't be returning this year gonna look for another place in wildwood crest great beach and close enough to the board walk but yet far enough away.

Guest Guest

Go to the Acacia, its on Atlantic Ave right parallel with the beach and its in Wildwood Crest. Its beatiful and quiet. It really is a great place. It has a heated pool and 2 queen size beds along with a pull out sofa bed. So 6 can stay comfortabley. Also they have a kitchen out and grill out side on the patio so you dont have to eat out much and can make your own dinners. Get some clams and blue crabs to make yourself. Its really good. Ive already booked my place and going in June

@

Guest Guest

We always stay the the PINK CHAMPAGNE MOTEL-Andy is the owner-is very nice-it is a place for families-rooms have refrigerators in the rooms-the rates are reasonable too! They have a pool too-we have been staying there for over 30 years now!

@

Guest Guest

I take my family there every year we have a great time... We usually stay at a camp resort called beach comber camp resort. They have a web site, they rent everything fom small cabins to big campers to mobile homes and even a full house. The place has 3 of the biggest inground pools I have ever seen and they even have a very large pond(or a small lake) that is actually filtered so you can see under water. Worth the check out. :rolleyes:

Skip Wildwood, I'm convinced it's the source of most of the New Jersey jokes I hear. Go to Avalon, Sea Isle City, Wildwood Crest or Cape May. You can still go to Wildwood during the day to get your fix of big hair and camaros, but for a family I suggest any of the 4 aforementioned towns.

Guest big rob

go to a place called the admireral it is more geared towards the family thing you are looking for we go every year around may20 th and it is great that time of the year there. or another place down there is called the wai kiki motel .as for thwe rooms down in wildwood they are all the same so ave your money we have gone to many of motels down there and it is all the same rooms .

Guest The Big Atlantic

Go to Atlantic City, much more suited for kids :blink::huh::rolleyes:

@

Archived