Dumb Bungler in Chief speaks again

Guest George Shultz

Guest Guest

Is it the same person who keeps referring to Congress. They can stop the war without denying funds for the soldiers there. When they set time limits Bush vetoes the law. Is there something about that you can't understand.

It's a Republican War, maintained by a Republican President, protected by Republicans in Congress with the help of the Republican Supreme Court.

There will be more of the same if you continue to elect Republicans.

Along with the Republican Recession.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Something written by CNN is considered objective? Get real.

I see you couldn't be bothered to actually dispute any of the story or the sources they used.

It's much easier that way, isn't it?

Guest guest-o
Sorry. Every time GWB ran for president, the Dems were able to find someone dumber than him to run against him. That is why he won.

Anyway, why hasn't the democratically controlled Congress pulled us out of Iraq?

Ummm... he didn't win in case you forgot about how he stole the whitehouse from Al gore

@

Guest teacher
Is it the same person who keeps referring to Congress. They can stop the war without denying funds for the soldiers there. When they set time limits Bush vetoes the law. Is there something about that you can't understand.

It's a Republican War, maintained by a Republican President, protected by Republicans in Congress with the help of the Republican Supreme Court.

There will be more of the same if you continue to elect Republicans.

Along with the Republican Recession.

i tried to explain to this moron that congress can't end the war. i used middle school terminology. he don't get it and never will. even the democrats won't deny funds for the war. as wrong as this war is, that would be a horrible thing to do. bush would have them fighting with squirt guns and slingshots. that's how he and his staff became war heroes.

Guest Guest
GWB's long term Legacy: a rotten economy as he's leaving office.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/25/news/econo...dex.htm?cnn=yes

Consumer confidence sank to a five-year low in March as tight credit markets, rising prices and worsening job prospects deepened worries that the economy has fallen into recession.

Meanwhile, a widely watched index of U.S. home prices fell 11.4% in January, its steepest drop since data for the indicator was first collected in 1987.

The weak readings depressed share prices on Wall Street.

The Saviour of the Middle East won't be seen so well in the history books when it comes to domestic economic policies. Who was the last Prez to leave office in a recession.....Carter??

NO Try Clinton and look it up yourself fool before you come back here shooting off your mouth and looking like a damn idiot!!!!!

It is amazing what media spin can do for a picture. We have yet to meet the set criteria used for ages as to what constitutes a recession in the slump we are in now, and all you hear on the msm is recession recession recession. Yet when Bill Clinton Left office we were in just that a recession yet we were told that the great times where now going to end because brother bill was leaving office just amazing. And like I said Before LOOK IT UP.

But just to help you out

Recession Could Have Begun Early; Research Group Ponders Setting Start Date in Late 2000

From: The Washington Post | Date: 1/23/2004 | Author: Nell Henderson

The last recession may have started in the twilight of the Clinton administration rather than at the dawn of the Bush administration.

The panel of economists that serves as the official timekeeper for the nation's recessions is considering moving the starting date back to November or December 2000, a member of the group said yesterday, confirming a report in the Wall Street Journal.

Good luck searching for your knowledge.

And by the way two straight quarters of negative economic growth equals a recession fruit salad.

@

Guest alan greenspan
NO Try Clinton and look it up yourself fool before you come back here shooting off your mouth and looking like a damn idiot!!!!!

It is amazing what media spin can do for a picture. We have yet to meet the set criteria used for ages as to what constitutes a recession in the slump we are in now, and all you hear on the msm is recession recession recession. Yet when Bill Clinton Left office we were in just that a recession yet we were told that the great times where now going to end because brother bill was leaving office just amazing. And like I said Before LOOK IT UP.

But just to help you out

Recession Could Have Begun Early; Research Group Ponders Setting Start Date in Late 2000

The last recession may have started in the twilight of the Clinton administration rather than at the dawn of the Bush administration.

The panel of economists that serves as the official timekeeper for the nation's recessions is considering moving the starting date back to November or December 2000, a member of the group said yesterday, confirming a report in the Wall Street Journal.

And by the way two straight quarters of negative economic growth equals a recession fruit salad.

@

please don't tell me that the recession we are in now is somehow connected to something that happened 8 YEARS AGO. that is actually impossible economically, but don't let that stop you.

Guest Guest

But just to help you out

@

Did you bother to read what you posted? It states "The last recession may have started in the twilight of the Clinton administration..."

MAY HAVE. Not "did". MAY HAVE.

Don't you know the difference?

Oh, and before I forget.....when you call people lame high school names, it tends to make you lose all your credibility.

But then you can't lose what you never had, right?

Guest Guest
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/24/ira...aths/index.html

GWB:

"One day, people will look back at this moment in history and say, 'Thank God there were courageous people willing to serve, because they laid the foundations for peace for generations to come,' " Bush told reporters after a meeting at the State Department.

Military officials reported four U.S. soldiers died Sunday in a roadside bombing in Iraq, bringing the American toll in the war to the milestone of 4,000 deaths, including eight Defense Department civilians.

The war entered its fifth year last week.

How could I possibly add to that?

Well, ok, I'll try.

This is the MIDDLE EAST he's talking about, right?? GWB knows that, right?

Does he own a world atlas? Has he ever looked at it?

Does he know where Iraq is?????? At all??????????

Does he have any idea the history of the Middle East??....the seemingly never ending wars, conflicts and killing that's been going on there for the last few centuries??

Didn't anyone in the White House, State Dept. or Pentagon clue him before he gave the Invasion Green Light what's been going on in the ME for a loooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggggg time???

Can any man, let alone President of the US, be THIS incredily stoopit????

Guest alan greenspan
You are incredibly stupid. When Clinton left office we were in a recession.

and that would be relevant to today's recession because......?

Guest Guest
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/24/ira...aths/index.html

GWB:

"One day, people will look back at this moment in history and say, 'Thank God there were courageous people willing to serve, because they laid the foundations for peace for generations to come,' " Bush told reporters after a meeting at the State Department.

Military officials reported four U.S. soldiers died Sunday in a roadside bombing in Iraq, bringing the American toll in the war to the milestone of 4,000 deaths, including eight Defense Department civilians.

The war entered its fifth year last week.

How could I possibly add to that?

Not to make light of thier sacrifice but just imagine that. Four volunteer soldiers died in a WAR ZONE.

Charlotte had more than that, and Charlotte is not a War Zone. I wonder how many others were killed in the US today?

5 years in a WAR ZONE the US loses 4000 brave volunteers. Far more deaths YEARLY in the US, mostly in places with high populations of minorities.

Guest Guest
Not to make light of thier sacrifice but just imagine that. Four volunteer soldiers died in a WAR ZONE.

Charlotte had more than that, and Charlotte is not a War Zone. I wonder how many others were killed in the US today?

5 years in a WAR ZONE the US loses 4000 brave volunteers. Far more deaths YEARLY in the US, mostly in places with high populations of minorities.

I predict: next you'll drag out the tired, old "more drunk drivers get killed than our soldiers in Iraq" line.

Guest Guest
and that would be relevant to today's recession because......?

Maybe because people that know a hell of a lot more about the economy than you liberal BDS sufferers Do say so.

This is from a lean left California institution. And ps. I should have known you liberals would rely on someone else showing you the information because you expect all people to do all things for you ya lazy bastards.

In its first quarterly report of 2008, released March 11, the UCLA Anderson Forecast remains confident that the national economy was not in a recession through January 2008 and continues to forecast weak growth but no official recession in 2008.

As in their recent forecasts, UCLA Anderson Forecast economists shed a negative light on the real estate sector, with problems there continuing to be a drag on the economy as a whole, particularly as the home mortgage crisis becomes a credit crisis.

In California, the economic outlook continues to mirror that of the nation, despite questions by some regarding the possibility of a state recession in the absence of a national recession. The Anderson Forecast concludes that California is too closely tied to the nation for such an occurrence, and the outlook appears much the same — slow growth as the fallout from the real estate sector slowly works its way out of the economy.

The national forecast

In his national report, UCLA Anderson Forecast director Edward Leamer holds to his belief that the U.S. economy is not in a recession and that there is no recession to be feared in the immediate future, while admitting that there is a tenuous aspect to forecast.

"Our no-recession forecast remains nervously intact. We see a lot of problems in the first half of 2008, as housing remains a drag on GDP growth and weakness in personal consumption contributes as well," he writes. "We expect one quarter of negative GDP growth. The Fed continues to dish out good news for Wall Street with ever lower interest rates. The labor market is sluggish and unemployment elevates to 5.5 percent by the end of 2008. But the housing drag on GDP dissipates in the second half of the year and a normal economy returns in 2009."

According to Leamer, the recession risk is rooted in the insolvency problems that lending institutions currently face.

"But until I see evidence of a decline in spending by consumers and businesses because of credit problems," he writes, "I am going to believe that this is just another symptom of 'recession depression.' Main Street is doing well, even as Wall Street suffers."

In an accompanying piece, UCLA Anderson Forecast senior economist David Shulman says that the U.S. economy has "become enveloped in an ever widening and deepening credit recession, as distinguished from an economic recession, that is working to constrict borrowing to all but the most credit worthy borrowers."

In "The Credit Recession," Shulman notes that lenders, once fearful of not making loans, are now fearful of making them, as credit losses multiply. Credit losses in the system are now in excess of $150 billion, on the way to $400 billion. The credit recession has wide-ranging implications in many areas, from high-yield bonds to home mortgages. The turmoil in the debt markets has been accompanied by a drop in stock prices.

Ultimately, Shulman describes the current economy as "a perfect storm consisting of the worst credit crunch in decades, falling house prices and $100 oil. If history and global experience is any guide, the hangover from the mid-decade credit boom could last for quite some time."

Guest Guest
I predict: next you'll drag out the tired, old "more drunk drivers get killed than our soldiers in Iraq" line.

GOOD IDEAL YOU DRUNK SLOB!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

BDS Guy Alert.

He's on the loose again in BCV, posting his nonsensical rants and large, bold type.

I was hoping he wouldn't be able to find the new version of BCV when they changed the site awhile back.

No luck.

Guest Guest
BDS Guy Alert.

He's on the loose again in BCV, posting his nonsensical rants and large, bold type.

I was hoping he wouldn't be able to find the new version of BCV when they changed the site awhile back.

No luck.

Hey DELETED never left been ridiculing your fat lame DELETED for ages and will continue until you hit the grave or lose your fingers which ever comes first.

Guest Guest

I am only curious why the thousands of dead US citizens every year does not upset you. Surely you can find a way to blame it on Bush.

What I find despicable is the way you and all like you gloat over the deaths of American volunteers, and refuse to lend support to those trying to stay alive, so the low life type can freely insult them.

I am trying hard to think of something lower than you but nothing comes to mind.

Guest Guest

This might help with the discussion of the first Bush Recession.

http://www.slate.com/id/2076134/

I wonder if it would be possible for a president to run up a $9,000,000,000,000 national debt without some degree of prosperity. Another question, can a country be in debt as much as the US is, housing debt, consumer debt, national debt, social security debt and still go into recession unless there is incredible mismanagement of the economy.

Guest Guest

I wonder if it would be possible for a president to run up a $9,000,000,000,000 national debt without some degree of prosperity. Another question, can a country be in debt as much as the US is, housing debt, consumer debt, national debt, social security debt and still go into recession unless there is incredible mismanagement of the economy.

housing debt, consumer debt George bought all those things did he?

national debt, social security debt You know us miserable republicans we would end all the entitlement programs if we had our way!!!!!!!!!

I do think it is obama Hussein and shillary running around on the campaign trail promising every new program under the sun. And free of charge to the middle income people HAHAHAHAHAHAHA So they tell us.

Guest Guest

The Messiah will fix it all. Obama for HOPE and CHANGE.

Guest Guest

Oh yea by the way slate is as lean to the left as the nation magazine so please don't insult our intelligence by trying to use that as true knowledgeable information idiot.

Guest Guest

You need to go to the John McCain web site and see the things he promises. Then try to search for "national debt", you will find no mention.

The growth of the GDP during the bush administration was fueled by consumer spending made possible by the fed's low interest rates and the devaluation of the dollar.

Guest Guest-common sense-*
housing debt, consumer debt George bought all those things did he?

national debt, social security debt You know us miserable republicans we would end all the entitlement programs if we had our way!!!!!!!!!

I do think it is obama Hussein and shillary running around on the campaign trail promising every new program under the sun. And free of charge to the middle income people HAHAHAHAHAHAHA So they tell us.

you're a bright one. yes, the national debt is GWB's fault. he started with a surplus and created a monumental debt. whose fault is it? the clinton's? the housing crisis and consumer debt are not directly GWB's fault. of course when the economy sucks and no decent paying jobs are created, that contributes to the problem. that is on GWB's head. finally, idiot, social security is not an entitlement program. you pay in, you get back. it is a seperate entity than the US BUDGET. it was funded fine until politicians raided it and spent the money on nonsense. both parties are responsible for that.

@

Guest Guest
Hey DELETED never left been ridiculing your fat lame DELETED for ages and will continue until you hit the grave or lose your fingers which ever comes first.

Thrill me.

Guest Guest
I am only curious why the thousands of dead US citizens every year does not upset you. Surely you can find a way to blame it on Bush.

What I find despicable is the way you and all like you gloat over the deaths of American volunteers, and refuse to lend support to those trying to stay alive, so the low life type can freely insult them.

I am trying hard to think of something lower than you but nothing comes to mind.

Well, there's your problem. You don't know the difference between "gloating", "surrendering" and "disagreeing", as in with our President.

You constantly take the extreme views on everything and assume the whole world is black and white.

Your kind of people are very dangerous. Sorta like Islamic extremists. You'd make a great neo Nazi. Or a Bushbot Republican, either one.

@

Archived