Anyone heard any news on girl found dead??

Guest Guest

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there is clearly something going on that they need to be very careful about. She had a closed casket, and the boyfriend was nowhere in sight. All pictures of the two have been removed from facebook too. The boyfriend comes from alot of money, and there are several people pointing fingers in his direction. Maybe they are keeping their lips sealed and releasing little or no information because they dont want a law suit if their wrong. Maybe there were a few things that lead to her death, and their waiting for the tox reports to conclude which of the contributers was the cause?.... Closed casket, inconclusive autopsy, further investigation & MIA boyfriend? .....

Exactly. Good reasons for the Press and Police to tread carefully. You don't want to drop the M word too quickly. Although some people seem to want to convict the boyfriend now.

Police looking for people who saw woman

August 21, 2009

BINGHAMTON Binghamton Police are still looking to talk to people who saw 25-year-old Katie Chappell after 12:30 a.m. Aug. 12 when she was last seen around State and Collier streets in Binghamton.

She was found dead the next day at her apartment at 17 Kneeland Ave., Binghamton.

Binghamton Detective Sgt. Arnold Nanni said many people have already contacted the department and police have followed a lot of leads, but detectives still are looking to talk to more people who saw her.

"We're treating it as a suspicious case," he said.

Anyone with information is asked to call the detective division at (607) 772-7080.

See this to me is a reason to be scared. If we're not supposed to be considering the rumors and the boyfriend and just looking at this as straightforward as possible, this article is a bit nerve wracking. A suspicious death, she was last seen downtown near the parking garage and police are looking for people who saw her. There were 2 attempted rapes in the same area last week and although that man was arrested, if you put it all in perspective, I think the community should be nervous.

I understand police are working the investigation and they need time to do it properly but give the community something. If your a citizen who doesn't read BCV, who doesn't know people in law enforcement, who doesn't know any of the people involved, who hasn't heard any outside information or rumors...this should be worrisome.

Closed casket, inconclusive autopsy, further investigation & MIA boyfriend? .....

Sounds like reasonable grounds for wild conjecture and speculation to me.

@

Hopefully they're protecting the family of the girl and not the family of the person of interest.

One would hope. I'm sure they know more than the public knows, if not this is probably so painful not knowing what happened yet.

See this to me is a reason to be scared. If we're not supposed to be considering the rumors and the boyfriend and just looking at this as straightforward as possible, this article is a bit nerve wracking. A suspicious death, she was last seen downtown near the parking garage and police are looking for people who saw her. There were 2 attempted rapes in the same area last week and although that man was arrested, if you put it all in perspective, I think the community should be nervous.

I understand police are working the investigation and they need time to do it properly but give the community something. If your a citizen who doesn't read BCV, who doesn't know people in law enforcement, who doesn't know any of the people involved, who hasn't heard any outside information or rumors...this should be worrisome.

A good therapist along with medications should help. Just sayin.................

@

I think something might be coming soon, I am friends with a few of her very close friends on facebook ( one of them even being mentioned in the obit) and he had a status message up the other day about how Karma will always get you, and how "Wouldn't it be funny if that day was today" and a few of her other close friends commented on his status not naming anyone specific, but they are saying that "the truth will come out, and he will be punished" That was posted on Monday or Tuesday of this week, I have been watching the paper and news all week thinking that there was going to be a break in the case, but still, no word.

swept under the carpet? what the hell are you idiots talking about?

Theres no cover ups or conspiracies in binghamton. Who thinks like that?

its a murder investigation, they take time. the cops dont disclose every

detail of it along the way. find something else to do for a while.

@

Police looking for people who saw woman

August 21, 2009

BINGHAMTON Binghamton Police are still looking to talk to people who saw 25-year-old Katie Chappell after 12:30 a.m. Aug. 12 when she was last seen around State and Collier streets in Binghamton.

She was found dead the next day at her apartment at 17 Kneeland Ave., Binghamton.

Binghamton Detective Sgt. Arnold Nanni said many people have already contacted the department and police have followed a lot of leads, but detectives still are looking to talk to more people who saw her.

"We're treating it as a suspicious case," he said.

Anyone with information is asked to call the detective division at (607) 772-7080.

I guess in your world five days is like two weeks. Let's give the cops time to properly investigate this. You don't want to rush to judgement when dealing with death.

You act like your concerned about Katie's family, but you come across as just being busy body.

Any death in our area IS OUR BUSINESS..we should know everything there is.in case killer is still out there loser...

Cal has a lot of money, he was convicted.

That is true..but they had a hard time convicting him..and he is appealing it..i think he might get out of it..even the jury said they didn't really know if he did it or not..so who knows..hopefully justice will prevail

That is true..but they had a hard time convicting him..and he is appealing it..i think he might get out of it..even the jury said they didn't really know if he did it or not..so who knows..hopefully justice will prevail

Yeah, but there was no body or anything in Cal's case. There is a body here, and hopefully they are just peicing everything together so that there is not any small errors that could ruin the entire case.

I can't help but wonder if there is not a serial killer locally. Isn't this the third or fourth woman (three that I know of were blond) murdered or missing over the last five or so years?

If he has enough money he won't be convicted..i heard her boyfriend was a from the Rogers family.

Then again..maybe we will have to wait a couple years to find out that she died from drugs..like that other girl in Endwell did..didn't find out results for over a year

Then again..maybe we will have to wait a couple years to find out that she died from drugs..like that other girl in Endwell did..didn't find out results for over a year

From everything that is swirling around, it wasn't drugs.

@

no, but we all know who does.

Say NOTHING!!!!

Many know NOTHING!!!!!

Let time sort it out

NEVER MAKE ASSUMPTIONS, for this or life in general. Only the smart ones follow that.

@

Archived