Hawkins Homes should be "Hawkins Makes Us HOMELESS"

stormyrain

Has anyone dealt with this company? Have they jerked you around, made promises they didn't keep and not check the work that they contracted out to loser contractors, etc? How long did it take you before you could live in your new home? The home I am referring to was suppose to be done LAST FALL '07...it is now SPRING '08! The house is STILL not completed. We have no new completion date and wouldn't believe any date they gave us now anyway! Did you file a complaint or a lawsuit against Hawkins? I'm wondering if there is a PI issue here? :unsure:

Guest agree
Has anyone dealt with this company? Have they jerked you around, made promises they didn't keep and not check the work that they contracted out to loser contractors, etc? How long did it take you before you could live in your new home? The home I am referring to was suppose to be done LAST FALL '07...it is now SPRING '08! The house is STILL not completed. We have no new completion date and wouldn't believe any date they gave us now anyway! Did you file a complaint or a lawsuit against Hawkins? I'm wondering if there is a PI issue here? :unsure:

That whole family is known for being jerks and cheap. THe son especially is a piece of work....rude etc...the quality of their homes is terrbile...if you can back out or get yoru money back have a local contractor or even barden homes check the construction.

Guest Guest-stormyrain-*
NEXT TIME BUY A REAL HOME NOT ONE WITH WHEELS.............RETARD
It is for an elderly couple who downsided from a so called "real home". I was trying to get them some help for the situation. Thanks for the rude comment. You probably work for Hawkins. LOL

NEXT TIME BUY A REAL HOME NOT ONE WITH WHEELS.............RETARD

You probably don't even own a real home, not nice name calling either, some people are retarded. I agree, you probably do work at Hawkins, or not at all...

You probably don't even own a real home, not nice name calling either, some people are retarded. I agree, you probably do work at Hawkins, or not at all...

Thanks, John B) Calling a lawyer seems like the only recourse since contacting Todd or Rob @ Hawkins has not gotten the ball rolling! They shouldn't make promises to have the home completed then not follow through. With new construction everyone expects delays for weather problems, etc. but not month after endless months of BS.

Guest concerned
Contact their Real Estate Attorney.

VERY good advice

Did you have a contract with a finish date on it?

if so they should be paying your rent til the project is completed and you have moved in

Guest Guest

Do NOT contact a real estate attorney. Many deal in real estate only. As this is a mobile, it's chattel and not real property. Contact a litigation attorney!!!!

Guest Guest

Sorry to say but that is the norm for Hawkins homes.

If you were one of the posters that asked about Hawkins and everyone on here told you to avoid the place, you are now earning your education as to why.

Here is a helpful hint, when EVERYONE on this site agrees about something (ie. Hawkins homes is a rip off), you would be well advised to stay away.

Guest guest

i feel horrible for you because my family has and continues to go thru the "hawkins nightmare". we purchased a home back in april of last year, was promised we would be in our home by winter. we were forced to live with no heat, our water froze over the winter, leaving us with no running water or plumbing, before we were finally able to move into our home. our house was lacking things we absolutely specified upon buying our home, and have been told by "papa" hawkins that " it is what it is".... we have done everything humanly possible to report this business to different authorities, such as better business bureau, paid an attorney, contacted the press, spread the word on the street, anything and everything, to deter people from this crooked business! it amazes us that this family of liars, con artists, and horrible people are still in business. unless you have every last detail down in writing, there is nothing anyone can do for you. do not trust their word, if it is not in writing, you are stuck between a rock and a hard place. i wish all of us could get together and file a class action law suit against this company and close their doors for good. they say, "what comes around, goes around", and i hope we are all there to see it when it happens. best of luck to you. i know how very frustrating this whole process is for you, i have been in your very shoes.

as for all the IDIOTS with their comments about calling people "retards" and buying a real home, if you have nothing sensible to contribute to this thread, shut your pie hole. it amazes me how people write to express a problem they have and ask the public for their advice,and we have the losers crawl out from under their rocks calling people retards, GROW UP....

Guest Guest

Hawkins has been in and out of banruptcy more times than anyone I have ever heard of.

One of these days they will screw over the wrong people and we will all have the last laugh.

@

Do NOT contact a real estate attorney. Many deal in real estate only. As this is a mobile, it's chattel and not real property. Contact a litigation attorney!!!!

I did contact a lawyer, but it is not considered mobile because it is a modular not a double wide and it is on a foundation. Thanks though

i feel horrible for you because my family has and continues to go thru the "hawkins nightmare". we purchased a home back in april of last year, was promised we would be in our home by winter. we were forced to live with no heat, our water froze over the winter, leaving us with no running water or plumbing, before we were finally able to move into our home. our house was lacking things we absolutely specified upon buying our home, and have been told by "papa" hawkins that " it is what it is".... we have done everything humanly possible to report this business to different authorities, such as better business bureau, paid an attorney, contacted the press, spread the word on the street, anything and everything, to deter people from this crooked business! it amazes us that this family of liars, con artists, and horrible people are still in business. unless you have every last detail down in writing, there is nothing anyone can do for you. do not trust their word, if it is not in writing, you are stuck between a rock and a hard place. i wish all of us could get together and file a class action law suit against this company and close their doors for good. they say, "what comes around, goes around", and i hope we are all there to see it when it happens. best of luck to you. i know how very frustrating this whole process is for you, i have been in your very shoes.

as for all the IDIOTS with their comments about calling people "retards" and buying a real home, if you have nothing sensible to contribute to this thread, shut your pie hole. it amazes me how people write to express a problem they have and ask the public for their advice,and we have the losers crawl out from under their rocks calling people retards, GROW UP....

Thanks for the info, we are all ready to get everyone we know together and go picket in front of their business!!! I know where Rob Hawkins lives, and I bet his humble home was up and perfect in no time, not to mention at a fraction of the cost.. You are right what comes around goes around and he will get it all some day, I know many people that have their own business and that is not a proper way of running a busines..

And thank you for addressing the losers on her, do they have nothing better to do???

Guest Guest

Everyone knows where the great robbie lives. That place was built in no time. I have friends at the end of Toby rd. so we watched the whole project.

@

Guest Guest

Welcome to Broome, land of the con artist. A similiar situation happened to me with a contractor and absolutely nothing got done. Native buttwipes continue to do business and are a protected bunch. I've never seen such a home grown bunch of two faced scum in my life. Is it the water here, the upbringing or just a species problem?

Thanks for the info, we are all ready to get everyone we know together and go picket in front of their business!!! I know where Rob Hawkins lives, and I bet his humble home was up and perfect in no time, not to mention at a fraction of the cost.. You are right what comes around goes around and he will get it all some day, I know many people that have their own business and that is not a proper way of running a busines..

And thank you for addressing the losers on her, do they have nothing better to do???

I know where Todd lives--The only problem is he's always drunk so he would probably come out and picket with ya. sorry :(

@

Guest Guest
Welcome to Broome, land of the con artist. A similiar situation happened to me with a contractor and absolutely nothing got done. Native buttwipes continue to do business and are a protected bunch. I've never seen such a home grown bunch of two faced scum in my life. Is it the water here, the upbringing or just a species problem?

Wonderful. More "blame the stupid victim" mentality.

Archived