What do you Collect?

Aaron

I used to collect comics - I have a few thousand in our basement looking for a new home.

Recently, I have traded the paper comics for digital comic books and have almost every comic since 1956.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benni Booboo

I collect antiques. My favorite pieces are my phone bench and my 1930's phone, which works. Well, it doesn't work with the phone service from the cable company, but with regular phone service it does. I always found it funny when my childrens friends would ask how to use the phone since it is an old rotary phone.

I was thinking to myself what kind of collections people in the area have. I know some people that have record collections, card collections, Hub Cap collections, Video game collections ect.

So who has collections out there and what do they consist of?

Being a martial artist, I collect martial arts weaponry.

Guest Back In The Saddle Again

I collect Gene Autry 78rpm records. Also have a large collection of coins which include ancient, world and USA coins.

SHOES! Can never go by a shoe store without walking in to check out what they have an usual walk out with a pair or 2.

I'm with you on the shoes, Just Lookin. I'm beginning to think this is an obsession and don't dare count the pairs in my closet. Bought another pair Friday night and showed some restraint when I left another great pair in the store. Going to run back later today and pick them up. Hope they're still there.

Guest Reddi Kilowatt

I kind accidentally started a license plate collection. I started off with 2 plates that came off my great aunt's car that we found in her garage, and then kinda just added to it. Here is what I have so far:

-2 New York Blue background/Yellow letters/numbers, used between 1966-1973, not sure if they used those after 1973. (The rear plate for the vehicle had the last year sticker it was registered, and me the idiot being a kid scraped it off)

-1 New York 'Liberty' Trailer plate

-2 New York 'Liberty' car plates

-2 of the current New York 'The Empire State' plates

-2 1962 New York 'Empire State' license plate, yellow background/black letter's/numbers, and it actually has '62' stamped into the plate.

-1 New York 1948/1949 plate, also yellow background/black letter's/number's, and it has a plate screwed to it for the year 1949.

-1 New York Vanity motorcycle license plate

-3 Tennessee license plates, used between 2001-2005

-1 Pennsylvania 'Special Mobile' license plate, blue background/yellow letters/numbers

-2 New Jersey 'Garden State' license plates, blue background/yellow letter's/numbers, according to the one web site I found, these were the 1979 base license plates, I would have to say they were used between 1979 and 1991.

That's pretty much all I have so far, I am looking to expand my collection, I want pretty much want to collect at least 1 plate from every state, old and new. I would also like to have some specialty and vanity plates.

Guest Staley da Bear

I collect Chicago Bears stuff. Got a collection of cards, cups, footballs, hats, coins, shirts, etc....anything Chicago Bears.

@

Guest Guest

I collect all of Sleepless in hilcrest's posts. Every post that dreamy hunk of love types out gets printed and added to my walls. I had to buy a bigger house when he was being overrun by squirrels due to the number of his daily posts.

I just became interested in collecting pop tart posts. I have to go get some ink and a few bundles of paper.

@

Guest Guest

i collect sports cards, anyone else here do it i'm looking for new people to trade with.... also my wife collects shoes,she has over 400 pair

Archived