electoral college

Guest toonsiesdrvgcat

the electoral college has failed. delegates are not needed. WE THE PEOPLE

Tell me how the electorial college failed??? The electorial college is the only thing that keeps the election fair and balanced. Its shame you lemmings don't have a brain of your own and knowledge to beable to think for yourselfs. Find out how the electorial college actully works you might learn something!!. But then again............. :o

Tell me how the electorial college failed??? The electorial college is the only thing that keeps the election fair and balanced. Its shame you lemmings don't have a brain of your own and knowledge to beable to think for yourselfs. Find out how the electorial college actully works you might learn something!!. But then again............. :o

I have enough of a brain to know that it is the "electoral" college.

I have enough of a brain to know that "be able" is two words.

I have enough of a brain to know that "yourselfs" isn't a word.

I have enough of a brain to know that that in the context you used, it is "it's".

YOU shouldn't be allowed to vote. Try "Electoral", or not "beable". "Yourselfs"?

the electoral college has failed. delegates are not needed. WE THE PEOPLE

No it has not failed. Without it many smaller states would not be heard as among other things the candidates would not even come near them while campaigning.

It has not failed. Maybe can use some tweaking, but no way should it be abolished.

Wolf

Guest Godfrey Daniels

Draw a new border 100 miles inland from our current borders.

Once the Electoral College is gone that is the minuscle part of the Country who will determine policy for the entire USA.

Actualy, the eloctoral college is the only thing that keeps us from being an actual democracy rather than a republic. I have always been a fan of democracy and not the electoral college, but then again, I have nevr been a fan of the Senate, where the 200,000 residents of North Dakota have as much say as the 20 million residents of New York.

Draw a new border 100 miles inland from our current borders.

Once the Electoral College is gone that is the minuscle part of the Country who will determine policy for the entire USA.

yea - that miniscule part of the country with 90% of the population

I guess it is probably easier to be critical of the Electoral College when you live in a larger state compared to if you live in a lesser populated state.

Yes it is. but I have always been a fan of democracy. The implementation of the elctoral college replaced democracy. Actually, so does the whole system of our government wich has more "State" representation in our governemnt by giving small population states the same representation in the Senate as big population states. While I do not care for it, it is a system of government that our ancestors chose and it has served us relatively well over these many years. I would dare say though that had it not been for the elctoral college, we would not be at war in Iraq and we would be winning the war on terror.

yea - that miniscule part of the country with 90% of the population

Using the not quite percentage you state I offer a little question or two.

How does your 90% survive? Do you exist on citrus and in the case of NJ and MI flavorless apples? Study the aforementioned perimeter closely, do you really want to piss us off?

From my standpoint our 36 States have you over a barrel and somewhat control you idiots but do you really want that? History shows you are that stupid but you can change it.

YOU shouldn't be allowed to vote. Try "Electoral", or not "beable". "Yourselfs"?
The electoral college is manmade. its flawed. some people can admit its flawed. some republicans cant. your geographics should not be accomodated. Whatever that final tally is, IS. popular vote is the vast majority. WE THE PEOPLE.

Guest Fry Mumia
I have enough of a brain to know that it is the "electoral" college.

I have enough of a brain to know that "be able" is two words.

I have enough of a brain to know that "yourselfs" isn't a word.

I have enough of a brain to know that that in the context you used, it is "it's".

Please do not be too harsh with the poster. And the reason is in the answer to this question: Can you infer the race of the poster from the misuse of the English language?

Using the not quite percentage you state I offer a little question or two.

How does your 90% survive? Do you exist on citrus and in the case of NJ and MI flavorless apples? Study the aforementioned perimeter closely, do you really want to piss us off?

From my standpoint our 36 States have you over a barrel and somewhat control you idiots but do you really want that? History shows you are that stupid but you can change it.

I am actually not an idiot. We are simply (or at lest the rest of us were) a discussion on whether the elctoral college is a good thing and has served us well, or a bad thing and not servied us well. We were also discussing the fact that we are not a deomcracy but a republic.

So no, I am not stupid, and not an idiot, but thanks for your contribution to an intelligent discussion.

Please do not be too harsh with the poster. And the reason is in the answer to this question: Can you infer the race of the poster from the misuse of the English language?

My point was that people in glass houses should not throw stones. Don't belittle my intelligence when you can't respond to my post with proper English. Had my intelligence not been questioned, I would not have responded with an English lesson.

My point was that people in glass houses should not throw stones. Don't belittle my intelligence when you can't respond to my post with proper English. Had my intelligence not been questioned, I would not have responded with an English lesson.

You tell em Kermit!!! I agree.

I am actually not an idiot. We are simply (or at lest the rest of us were) a discussion on whether the elctoral college is a good thing and has served us well, or a bad thing and not servied us well. We were also discussing the fact that we are not a deomcracy but a republic.

So no, I am not stupid, and not an idiot, but thanks for your contribution to an intelligent discussion.

Read every post previous to mine and you will see the justification for my words. (within your limited capability that is)

The purpose of my coming here is for relaxation, with the knowledge there will never be an intelligent conversation by you and your ilk. You demonstrate that with every posting.

If ever you desire a discussion above the emblamatic NY level give an illistration. So far you are lacking in content

Guest A Reasonable Atheist

Ask yourself the following question: Do you believe in one person one vote?

The answer to this question ought determine your view on the electoral college. I understand the point that is made regarding allowing smaller, less populous states to have some say in the national policy. However, should an arbitrary geographic border constitute Bob Montana's right to have more say than Joe California? I do not believe it should. Specifically, there is no reason that when voting for the President, the only office subject to the vote of a national constituency, each person should have an equal say.

If you are a Republican in a state such as New York or California I would expect you to stand with those of us who oppose the electoral college. Your vote does not count. The winner-take-all format on the state level for electoral delegates disenfranchises you as much as it disenfranchises the Democrat in Idaho. If 49.9999% of New Yorkers vote for John McCain in the upcoming election, all 31 electoral votes from New York will still go to the Democrat. Is this democratic, or even republican (in the small r and d sense of the phrases)? I do not believe it is.

We all should support a constitutional amendment that would result in the direct election of the President.

Guest Aunt Jemima

Yo Kermits, I taught yo be sayin us darkies dunt speakes gud English, knowemsyain. We learns real gudz at Bimmintin hs, knowemsayin. Now i'ze understands wad yo beez sayin, knowemsayin. have a nice day fo yourselfs, knowemsayin.

Read every post previous to mine and you will see the justification for my words. (within your limited capability that is)

The purpose of my coming here is for relaxation, with the knowledge there will never be an intelligent conversation by you and your ilk. You demonstrate that with every posting.

If ever you desire a discussion above the emblamatic NY level give an illistration. So far you are lacking in content

I actually find people like you funny.

I happen not to be stupid, nor am I an idiot, nor do I have limited capabilities as you state. I have an opinion, and it is backed up by fact. I enjoy intelectual discussion and don't take very seriously those that need to deman others and participate in name calling when one disagrees with their opinions.

You must be a blast at parties. Enjoy having discussions with yourself on here.

Just so I can get another chuckle, how am I "lacking in content" as you say?

So I guess as the poster pointed out what has failed with the elctoral system? Your only come back is an english lesson. I guess your point as well as the posters point was made.

Whatever. I will not sink to the level of negativity that this thread is headed towards. I'm moving on.

good for you kermit

I waste too much energy on people who have no interest in actually having an intelectual discussion, but insist on name calling etc. It is a shame in this case, because there actually are many points of view on the elctoral college versus true democracy - and the United States Senate being another example of us not being a true democracy - but a republic.

Some people, however, simply can not get past their own narrow views and must reost to name calling.

Whatever. I will not sink to the level of negativity that this thread is headed towards. I'm moving on.

Ahh another great reply bravo bravo. Point well proven!!.

Archived