Dodge Error Codes

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Any one know where I can find what a P455 error code is for my dodge Pick Up?

I've looked all over and can seem to come up with an answer.

Thanks in advance

Guest Guest

Never mind and thanks ----

P0455 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (gross leak)

Got no idea'r what that is, but remember the P456 as ended up being a $ 10.00 gas cap (after spending about 90 bucks on some flim flam crap a mechinac told me) .

Guest Dodge Owner

It blows my mind I have a 2003 Grand Caravan and to get the dam thing to pass I have had to buy 2 gas caps now to get the dam check engine light to go out. What is up with this baloney ?

Guest Guest
It blows my mind I have a 2003 Grand Caravan and to get the dam thing to pass I have had to buy 2 gas caps now to get the dam check engine light to go out. What is up with this baloney ?

Mines a 202 Quad 4x4 with the big 5.9. Replaced the gas cap last fall and no problems until on the way to work this morning. found this site, that lists all the codes for the Dodge vehicle -> http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_225755/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm <-- it's like the 4th post down.

I get the feeling that maybe a hose might have gone bad.

I just ain't in the mood to fix it and can't see paying someone a hundred bucks for a hose fix. Love my Quad, but it sure is not like fixing the old 65 mustang or 69 cuda. To much new crap..

Good Luck

@

Any one know where I can find what a P455 error code is for my dodge Pick Up?

I've looked all over and can seem to come up with an answer.

Thanks in advance

P455 Trouble Code is indeed a Evaporative Emissions Large Leak. This could be the result of a bad Gas Cap, a Leak in a Hose in the Vent or Fill Tube for your gas tank or the Canister Purge Solenoid could be bad. If you have recently replaced the gas cap, it is unlikely that the seals in the new cap are already bad, if the truck is not that old and they have not recently been disturbed, it is not likely that the fill tube or vent hose is rotted or that the gas tank itself has a hole in it, I would suspect the Canister Purge Solenoid which is a very common problem in the Emissions System. Either problem, it shouldn't be a very expensive repair.

Guest Guest

Like I said it's a 2002 and only has about 63,000 on it. No rough or heavy duty driving. I don't notice any change in the driving, sluggish, lack of pick up, ect.

You got Saturday hours BTK?

Like I said it's a 2002 and only has about 63,000 on it. No rough or heavy duty driving. I don't notice any change in the driving, sluggish, lack of pick up, ect.

You got Saturday hours BTK?

Sounds simple! That code isn't a drivability code, it is an emmissions code. It shouldn't affect the way it runs or the fuel mileage (which in any full size pickup is important) It will only affect your ability to get the truck inspected when it is due. Unfortunately, we aren't open Saturdays at the garage. You could bring it in one morning and I would give you a lift to work and pick you up at lunch if you like but it would have to be during the week.

Guest Guest
Sounds simple! That code isn't a drivability code, it is an emmissions code. It shouldn't affect the way it runs or the fuel mileage (which in any full size pickup is important) It will only affect your ability to get the truck inspected when it is due. Unfortunately, we aren't open Saturdays at the garage. You could bring it in one morning and I would give you a lift to work and pick you up at lunch if you like but it would have to be during the week.

Thanks. I'll talk with the wife and see what her times are this week and give you a call. I'll drop the truck and that way you can have it all day in case you get busy. She can drop me at work and pick me up to take me back up.

Thanks again

Guest Reddi Kilowatt

(Oh yay! Thank god he's not going to make me work on a Saturday!!!!!)

Guest country girl

"Unfortunately, we aren't open Saturdays at the garage".

BTK, what / where is the garage? I need to find a garage so that I dont have to go to the dealership for minor issues. Have a Dodge Ram Hemi.

Guest Reddi Kilowatt
"Unfortunately, we aren't open Saturdays at the garage".

BTK, what / where is the garage? I need to find a garage so that I dont have to go to the dealership for minor issues. Have a Dodge Ram Hemi.

It's right before Hillcrest RV on the East Service Road in Hillcrest.

Guest Guest
It must say F O R D on the hood!
I've had FORD parts land on my hood as I tear one apart.

What year Fords you runnin? You add those "magical chips" to achieve more power. Then as soon as your pyro hits 1200+, the chip starts to defuel. What's that all about?

I show up with nothing but mechanical upgrades in an all mechanical fuel system. Top end you're def faster. But off the line I'd bet I am dialing up more torque.

Here's my latest part failure:

BD Flexplate. This is an older version that had about 35,000 miles on it. Nothing like what they make today.

dscf0776zg9.jpg

dscf0780ka0.jpg

There's no Fords around here that are tearing things up like the Dodges.

This is what went in it's place. The ATS tc has 12 mounting bolts instead of 6. The flexplate (although not shown in the pic) also has 12 mounting holes. That's double the number of factory tc bolts.

atsflexplateqk6.gif

Company called ATS Diesel. I really, REALLY love their products. Thier 5 Star torque converter is unbelievable. Knocks ya back into your seat when it locks up.

I also use the ATS Commander lockup controller.

My truck is tough. I am always up to a pull off though. That's a load of fun!

Guest Fords Rule
I've had FORD parts land on my hood as I tear one apart.

What year Fords you runnin? You add those "magical chips" to achieve more power. Then as soon as your pyro hits 1200+, the chip starts to defuel. What's that all about?

I show up with nothing but mechanical upgrades in an all mechanical fuel system. Top end you're def faster. But off the line I'd bet I am dialing up more torque.

Here's my latest part failure:

BD Flexplate. This is an older version that had about 35,000 miles on it. Nothing like what they make today.

dscf0776zg9.jpg

dscf0780ka0.jpg

There's no Fords around here that are tearing things up like the Dodges.

This is what went in it's place. The ATS tc has 12 mounting bolts instead of 6. The flexplate (although not shown in the pic) also has 12 mounting holes. That's double the number of factory tc bolts.

atsflexplateqk6.gif

Company called ATS Diesel. I really, REALLY love their products. Thier 5 Star torque converter is unbelievable. Knocks ya back into your seat when it locks up.

I also use the ATS Commander lockup controller.

My truck is tough. I am always up to a pull off though. That's a load of fun!

So by what you are showing us, your POS Dodge Broke Down and by what you say here in your post, Fords don't break down like Dodges do! Good point you made for us! Thanks for clearing that up!

Guest Guest

Fords don't develop enough power to do what my Dodge does.

It's not a POS that tears up steel like that.............it's TORQUE. And no Ford around here brings any to the table.

We can hook chains any weekend, day or night.

@

Guest Guest

GO FIGURE !

Got the check engine light yesterday. Posted here about the code. Thank to BTK mind was set to ease knowing it's not harmful to engine.

Got in truck this morning. DUH -- check engine light does not come on. Turned off. Then following the on/off 3 times to see if the error code was still there. It was (and figure it would have to be reset with hand held or by disconnecting battery). Started and no check engine light. Drove to work - no engine light.

What the heck. Got to wondering if maybe the rain that we had and moisture in the air could have something to do with it.

Sure wish I still had the Old Mustang or Cuda. These newer vehicles are a pain in the arc to figure out with all the crap on them.

Fords don't develop enough power to do what my Dodge does.

It's not a POS that tears up steel like that.............it's TORQUE. And no Ford around here brings any to the table.

We can hook chains any weekend, day or night.

@

Bring it down any time you feel froggy! I got a Ford or two that I will hook up to your wife's truck and give it a shot!

Archived