Dodge Error Codes

Guest Guest

GO FIGURE !

Got the check engine light yesterday. Posted here about the code. Thank to BTK mind was set to ease knowing it's not harmful to engine.

Got in truck this morning. DUH -- check engine light does not come on. Turned off. Then following the on/off 3 times to see if the error code was still there. It was (and figure it would have to be reset with hand held or by disconnecting battery). Started and no check engine light. Drove to work - no engine light.

What the heck. Got to wondering if maybe the rain that we had and moisture in the air could have something to do with it.

Sure wish I still had the Old Mustang or Cuda. These newer vehicles are a pain in the arc to figure out with all the crap on them.

Stop in with it for a few minutes and I will scan it quick to make sure it is gone. Very possible that it was the rain that got something wet and set a bogus code. Nothing worse than waiting till it needs to be inspected and finding out that it won't pass because of a DTC, then having to fix/clear the code and drive it for a "drive cycle" then coming back to have it inspected. Will only take a minute to check it and see what or if there is a code in there. ;)

Guest Guest

Thanks. I'll try to give you some warning as I work from about 5 in morning to about 5:30-6 at night most of the time.

Thanks again. ;)

Archived