Walmart lets disabled woman keep money

Tazz

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/law/04/02/walma...sion/index.html

(CNN) -- A former Wal-Mart employee who suffered severe brain damage in a traffic accident won't have to pay back the company for the cost of her medical care, Wal-Mart told the family Tuesday.

"Occasionally, others help us step back and look at a situation in a different way. This is one of those times," Wal-Mart Executive Vice President Pat Curran said in a letter. "We have all been moved by Ms. Shank's extraordinary situation."

Guest Guest
Yeah. Now if the laywer would only give back the 50% they took from the settlement!

why should he? that is what he does for a living and by the way, he got 1/3 not 1/2. if these people were not as stupid low lifes that they are, they would have taken the policy limit offerd by the insurance co. and not bothered getting a lawyer. but low life's, first thing on their mind when there is an accident is, let's get a lawyer. the insurance co. would have settled with policy limit on their own

@

Dang, my math must be off :rolleyes:

Two years after the accident, Shank and her husband, Jim, were awarded about $1 million in a lawsuit against the trucking company involved in the crash. After legal fees were paid, $417,000 was placed in a trust to pay for Debbie Shank's long-term care.

Guest Guest
Dang, my math must be off :rolleyes:

Two years after the accident, Shank and her husband, Jim, were awarded about $1 million in a lawsuit against the trucking company involved in the crash. After legal fees were paid, $417,000 was placed in a trust to pay for Debbie Shank's long-term care.

How much went to taxes? DELETED Gov't does NOTHING and get's the biggest piece of the pie.

After LEGAL fees were paid......

Only 277,000.00 was in the trust after taxes and some living expenses were paid, which is the amount Walmart was "allowed" to sue for.

This information is all on the internet, why not do a search and get the correct info yourself? The LAWYER took over 50% in HIS fees. He is just as bad as Walmart if you ask me.

Guest Guest
After LEGAL fees were paid......

Only 277,000.00 was in the trust after taxes and some living expenses were paid, which is the amount Walmart was "allowed" to sue for.

This information is all on the internet, why not do a search and get the correct info yourself? The LAWYER took over 50% in HIS fees. He is just as bad as Walmart if you ask me.

Wal-Mart is no different than anyone who owns their own business or works for a living. Would you expect tp work for free? Dont you expect to be paid for your services? They provide a service you pay for it ,if it is too much, go somewhere else

@

Guest Guest

I saw this story on TV a couple weeks ago, at that time Wally World was still planning on going after the poor woman's money. I'm glad they had a change of heart, although it was probably brought on by bad publicity and public outrage.

Guest Guest

It sounds like everyone involved in this story was low life's. Right from the driver to the employer and their insurance. Everyone just expects it out of Lawyers.

@

Guest 87801A
Argh!! Bad press!! Bad Press!!

Quick, hide in the stack of Chinese made american flags while we figure out how to respond.

This is the funniest thing I've read on this board in a very long time...lol.

@

Archived