New Cigarette Tax, Paying for the Gov's ***** ?

Guest NY State Hates workers

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest c. everett koop
Is the new cigarette tax in this DELETED state paying for the new Governors DELETED or the now X Governors DELETED ?

maybe the money is going to help pay for the billions of dollars that these drug addicts rack up in medical bills that taxpayer's end up paying. it can also help pay for second hand smoke illnesses that these drug addicts cause as well.

Guest Guest
maybe the money is going to help pay for the billions of dollars that these drug addicts rack up in medical bills that taxpayer's end up paying. it can also help pay for second hand smoke illnesses that these drug addicts cause as well.

yea, just like maybe the lotto money is going to benefit education like Mario Cuomo promised us when he put NewYork state in the gambling business.

Guest guest

Koop,Where exactly is this free health care you speak of? Last I looked we are not in Canada. Please tell me what doctor or hospital gives out care for free??

Guest c. everett coop
yea, just like maybe the lotto money is going to benefit education like Mario Cuomo promised us when he put NewYork state in the gambling business.

you must be in withdrawl from your drug addiction. you were talking about governor cuomo. go fire up and get your mind back to the modern day.

Guest Guest
Umm, that's where it is suppose to be going. Did you think the tobacco settlement was so you could have a new rec center? NYS should get about 4 billion a year with their new tax. Of course they won't because it's again one of the highest taxes in the nation. So what will really happen is the Indians and Pennsylvania will get another increase to their bottom line. Next year they'll probably increase it again with the same results and they'll pat themselves on the back again and say" it's working look at all the people that quit because of the new tax,we know this because our revenue actually went down with the last increase!"You'll say the same thing again too and you'll probably be right because all the money didn't go to NYS and you will probably be paying for it.

Guest Guest
I love smoking and I'll never pay one cent to N.Y,I wonder how many more people will just take the short drive and avoid the new tax,thats real smart this new tax will be great for a real State like Pennsylvania.You are right about that non essential tax,they should also up the tax on luxury cars,vacations,big screen tv,internet,going to the movies,dining out,big houses,name brand clothes and shoes,dvd's,cd's,pools,hot tubs,video games,wedding rings,barber shop,king size beds,new carpet,pets,pet food,new tires and everything else non essential,how dare working people think it is alright to spend their money on what they want while living in a free country.

Because we all know that all those other items have no real value to people, and serve only to damage their health.

Leave it to a smoker to not be able to discern the difference between cigs and a pair of shoes.

Guest Guest
Because we all know that all those other items have no real value to people, and serve only to damage their health.

Leave it to a smoker to not be able to discern the difference between cigs and a pair of shoes.

exactly

typical DELETED smoker reaction to reality.

smoke if you want...it kills you quick. sounds like natural selection to me

just pay your drug money to the rest of us so that before you die we can benefit from you polluting our air and making us breathe your disgusting fumes.

DELETED

Guest Guest
I love smoking and I'll never pay one cent to N.Y,I wonder how many more people will just take the short drive and avoid the new tax,thats real smart this new tax will be great for a real State like Pennsylvania.You are right about that non essential tax,they should also up the tax on luxury cars,vacations,big screen tv,internet,going to the movies,dining out,big houses,name brand clothes and shoes,dvd's,cd's,pools,hot tubs,video games,wedding rings,barber shop,king size beds,new carpet,pets,pet food,new tires and everything else non essential,how dare working people think it is alright to spend their money on what they want while living in a free country.

maybe if you weren't a DELETED smoker you'd have more money to actually afford those things

Guest guest

I have found in my over a half century on this earth that 99.9% of the time somebody calls someone "DELETED " that they are the biggest DELETED themselves!

maybe if you weren't a DELETED smoker you'd have more money to actually afford those things

You must be retarded I was being sarcastic to the DELETED that wants to judge people for what they choose to do with their money and life using non essential as an excuse to tax smokers. So if smoking should be taxed for being non essential then so should everything in the world that is non essential, I never cried once about not being able to afford anything, I can afford whatever I want taxed or not.

exactly

typical DELETED smoker reaction to reality.

smoke if you want...it kills you quick. sounds like natural selection to me

just pay your drug money to the rest of us so that before you die we can benefit from you polluting our air and making us breathe your disgusting fumes.

DELETED

Or just go to P.A. and get better everything and give you nothing then ride around Binghamton smoking and flick butts at you all day,and I got top of the line health care so I can live longer than you and dump my ashtray on your grave.

Thank You Albany!!

NY Taxpayers will now pay more to assist smokers to quit or to enforce stupid laws. Good thinking Albany. Remember Prohibition? Guess not. Make it too expensive or outlaw it and the criminals will profit from your stupidity.

No I don't smoke. Never have.

I'm outta here come summer. My family has all left. Now it's my turn.

This state is really great but the politics are always the same. Always will be. Spitzer proved that.

Cya!!

@

Guest ThankYou
Keep electing Democrats and watch the nanny state grow. This is how we pay for all the people on welfare and other entitlement programs. This is what happens when the appeasing left have their way.

@

Oh wow...thanks for the education. So, if right-leaning leaders were to be elected, are you saying that they will reverse the taxes that the evil and villianous left have imposed on NY?

Guest History

The real problem is the slippery slope New York is on. To tax one product considered bad and unhealthy for you and others opens the door to taxing, or outright banning, other items as well. Prohibition proved what happens when the government steps in with morality laws. A newspaper reported not too long ago that the Russian mob in Brooklyn went down to Virginia, filled vans with cartons of cigarettes and sold them back here for a very cheap price. New York is encouraging more control on the free citizen by the government and more business for organized crime.

Oh wow...thanks for the education. So, if right-leaning leaders were to be elected, are you saying that they will reverse the taxes that the evil and villianous left have imposed on NY?

I think he means if the stupid voters didn't get tricked these taxes would never have been,they ruined New York don't be fooled into letting them ruin the whole country too.

Guest Guest
You must be retarded I was being sarcastic to the a-hole that wants to judge people for what they choose to do with their money and life using non essential as an excuse to tax smokers.So if smoking should be taxed for being non essential then so should everything in the world that is non essential,I never cried once about not being able to afford anything,I can afford whatever I want taxed or not.

Let me make sure I got that......

You inhale smoke from a weed that puts a few hundred nasty toxins in your body, cakes and dries out your lungs and has no nutritional value or any positive health consequences, offers only pain and death, and you call someone else a retard?????

Duh.

Guest Guest

Regardless whether or not you smoke (Which I don't), this tax increase is another NYS ploy to jack up taxes on something they know people who smoke won't go without. Just like the taxes on gas, tires, auto insurance law inforcement surcharge... Let's get real here, NYS is corrupt.. Even if you hate smoking you should at least still be able to see the bigger picture here... Tax Tax Tax... Then after they collect your taxes you have nothing to show for it. NYS would rather give huge grants to companies like EIT in order to create jobs, then they hire all low payed employees, outsource to china and local tax payers get screwed again.. It's a vicious cycle that NYS creates. If we actually had reasonable tax structures then business' would come here to begin with. This is why every business if fleeing NYS, and when you have no business people leave, and when you have no people to pay taxes the ones still living here pick up the slack... VICIOUS CYCLE..

Guest c. everett koop
Regardless whether or not you smoke (Which I don't), this tax increase is another NYS ploy to jack up taxes on something they know people who smoke won't go without. Just like the taxes on gas, tires, auto insurance law inforcement surcharge... Let's get real here, NYS is corrupt.. Even if you hate smoking you should at least still be able to see the bigger picture here... Tax Tax Tax... Then after they collect your taxes you have nothing to show for it. NYS would rather give huge grants to companies like EIT in order to create jobs, then they hire all low payed employees, outsource to china and local tax payers get screwed again.. It's a vicious cycle that NYS creates. If we actually had reasonable tax structures then business' would come here to begin with. This is why every business if fleeing NYS, and when you have no business people leave, and when you have no people to pay taxes the ones still living here pick up the slack... VICIOUS CYCLE..

let me get this straight. cigarettes are the same as gas, tires and insurance? what planet are you living on? possibly the dumbest thing i've ever read.

Guest Guest
let me get this straight. cigarettes are the same as gas, tires and insurance? what planet are you living on? possibly the dumbest thing i've ever read.

Actually, You do need to get this straight. Let me teach you. Smokers will pay these high taxes on them because they are addicted to them. They know people will pay the high taxes on cigarettes, just like they know you will pay high taxes for things you need, tires, auto insurance and gas. It's not like you can go without these things. Smokers can but they are addicted, perhaps you missed the point.

Guest Guest

It's simple, this is a DELETED tax. It should be in proportion to how dumb you are to smoke, in other words, about double.

Otherwise, no tax but you have to pay all medical bills yourself and in cash.

Guest Guest
It's simple, this is a DELETED tax. It should be in proportion to how dumb you are to smoke, in other words, about double.

Otherwise, no tax but you have to pay all medical bills yourself and in cash.

You do have to pay all your madical bills, do you think NYS gives out free health insurance or something?

@

Archived