New Cigarette Tax, Paying for the Gov's ***** ?

Guest NY State Hates workers

Guest NY State Hates workers

Is the new cigarette tax in this DELETED state paying for the new Governors DELETED or the now X Governors DELETED ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

New York State sucks........ It's not just cigarettes, they tax everything to death... property, business', tires, utility surcharges, driving fees, EVERYTHING... They should change the name to the "NICKEL and DIME me TO DEATH STATE.. There are a lot of hidden charges when living in NYS...

Thank you sir, can I have another..

@

Guest Guest
New York State sucks........ It's not just cigarettes, they tax everything to death... property, business', tires, utility surcharges, driving fees, EVERYTHING... They should change the name to the "NICKEL and DIME me TO DEATH STATE.. There are a lot of hidden charges when living in NYS...

Thank you sir, can I have another..

@

Why, yes, you may.

Pull down them panties and grab your ankles.

Ya know I moved here from a small town with no jobs and no opportunity. At first I thought it was great here. I married a local girl, bought a house, and started a family here. During my 12 years in Broome, it has gotten worse and worse. I always read posts about people moving or wanting to move and I figure "oh well, things are bound to get better sooner or later." I am starting to get depressed. This place is my home and the birthplace of my children and I want to stay here so bad, but how long can I hold on? We need some kind of light at the end of the tunnel. I am not ready to give up on this area just yet, but I am starting to get worn down by it all. Please someone reassure me.

Guest Guest

I have not bought cigarettes in New York State since the mid 90's. I used to order them from the Indians, but NYS somehow put a stop to most of that. I went to Smokin' Joe's in Hallstead/Great Bend and bought a rolling machine. A decent rolling machine costs about $40, a pound of tobacco is $11.99(good for about 3 cartons) and a carton of two hundred tubes with filters is $1.29. Do the math, a carton costs me a little over $6.00(not counting the cost of the machine). I also fill up on gas while I'm down there. Screw NYS and their lets tax everyone to death mentality.

Guest Guest

Personally, I'm glad NYS is taxing cigs more.

I hate them, I hate when people smoke.

If they could find a way to pay for a trip to Bermuda once a year for me with cig tax money, I'd vote for them every time.

Guest Joe Camel

If they could find a way to pay for a trip to Bermuda once a year for me with cig tax money, I'd vote for them every time.

I blow smoke in your general direction............

Guest guest

Well in a way they are. Of course you don't get a trip anywhere you're just saved the increased taxes that the smokers pay for you. Right now 55% of the cost of cigarettes in NYS is tax alone. A further 30% of the cost is from the court case where Broome paid for the Harvey building and other public projects. So just take your tax break and go where ever you want.

Guest Guest

Keep electing Democrats and watch the nanny state grow. This is how we pay for all the people on welfare and other entitlement programs. This is what happens when the appeasing left have their way.

@

Guest guest

Does anybody declare these taxes on their income tax at the end of the year? Can you just get a receipt at the shop and rob and declare it. Between the wife and I,I see a deduction of $3000 a year.

Guest Guest

Perhaps the taxes on cigarettes should go to all the non-smokers who are forced to smell that crap and walk through it everytime they enter a buidling.

Guest Guest

If you have never smoked, you really have no room to talk. Yes, it smells awful and it's not good to breathe, and you shouldn't have to walk through it but neither is the air you're breathing... Smoking is a PHYSICAL ADDICTION... I'm now a non-smoker, and it took a VERY long hard time for me to get there, so don't post about things you know nothing about.

I think the tax is an awful way for the state to get more money... However I can't say I'm shocked, NYS specializes in taking money!

Guest guest
Perhaps the taxes on cigarettes should go to all the non-smokers who are forced to smell that crap and walk through it everytime they enter a buidling.
They do. Otherwise the non-smokers would have to pay their share of the taxes.In effect NYS just raised the taxes of all the pack a day smokers by over 550 dollars a year.They are already paying more than that now,so if you were singled out to be taxed over a thousand dollars extra a year because of a habit of yours I don't like how would you like it?

Guest Guest

Please feel free to hold your breath while I smoke :angry:

Guest Guest

smokin is for scumbags

tax the crap out of them as much as possible for the short time they will be alive

i have no compassion for them, and don't believe the physical addiction hype either. it's totally overblown excuse making

you don't like paying taxes on non essential luxury items that pollute everybodies air?- quit smoking

Guest guest

I think I'll quit smoking just so these nicotine nazi's will have to balance the states budget out of their pockets. Get ready "smokings for scumbags"to bend over and pay MY share!

Guest Guest
smokin is for scumbags

tax the crap out of them as much as possible for the short time they will be alive

i have no compassion for them, and don't believe the physical addiction hype either. it's totally overblown excuse making

you don't like paying taxes on non essential luxury items that pollute everybodies air?- quit smoking

yeah welcome to facist new york state home of the smoking ban of the world if people want to smoke let them smoke i dont see any problem with it yet you health nazis want to think oh we are offended by smoking drinking and such GIVE IT UP!! and move on and as for the native americans in Niagria i support your fight keep up the good work

Guest Guest
I think I'll quit smoking just so these nicotine nazi's will have to balance the states budget out of their pockets. Get ready "smokings for scumbags"to bend over and pay MY share!
If the state really wanted you to quit smoking they would offer to give you back the amount you were taxed if you quit.Think you'll see anything like that ?

smokin is for scumbags

I love smoking and I'll never pay one cent to N.Y,I wonder how many more people will just take the short drive and avoid the new tax,thats real smart this new tax will be great for a real State like Pennsylvania.You are right about that non essential tax,they should also up the tax on luxury cars,vacations,big screen tv,internet,going to the movies,dining out,big houses,name brand clothes and shoes,dvd's,cd's,pools,hot tubs,video games,wedding rings,barber shop,king size beds,new carpet,pets,pet food,new tires and everything else non essential,how dare working people think it is alright to spend their money on what they want while living in a free country.

Archived