new store in Binghamton?

rowseeo

Guest Guest

Went downtown today to go to the new bake shop, it was closed on a Sat. afternoon. With all the people around today with the parade you would think it would be open!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Went downtown today to go to the new bake shop, it was closed on a Sat. afternoon. With all the people around today with the parade you would think it would be open!

You can kiss that bake shop goodbye in a few weeks

Guest Guest
"Pink Bag" ring a bell, she was on the Vestal Parkway, best place in the area to do business, and it wasn't enough. Once you understand the area itself you will know with unemployment and gas prices and the fact that downtown Binghamton is dying, you'll soon figure it out.

Surprised someone hasn't taken you aside and told you all this.

I love how people always say the same things over and over again here. Complete lack of creativity...the "downtown Binghamton is dying", again. Maybe if you say it enough....it will be true. Any facts to back this up?

Guest Guest-Mick-*

Read with interest the last two post's.

An answer isn't necessary, but the post seems to not understand and see at the same time all the boarded up businesses and closings left and right, that's kind of curious isn't it?

Driving down Court Street has become the thing to do to see how much worse it can become, and we hawk at all the dead and dying we see, and say "HOW MUCH WORSE CAN IT BECOME?"

Guest Guest
Read with interest the last two post's.

An answer isn't necessary, but the post seems to not understand and see at the same time all the boarded up businesses and closings left and right, that's kind of curious isn't it?

Driving down Court Street has become the thing to do to see how much worse it can become, and we hawk at all the dead and dying we see, and say "HOW MUCH WORSE CAN IT BECOME?"

Well, since about half of all the stores are empty, we're halfway to knowing exactly how bad it can become.

Guest Guest

You said an answer isn't necessary, and then you answered. THAT is curious. I do not see more closed businesses. I see more open ones. Who are the dead and dying? Do you mean dead people? :blink: Yikes.

Guest Guest
Well, since about half of all the stores are empty, we're halfway to knowing exactly how bad it can become.

Fewer empty than before, honey. :P

Guest Guest
So what are the facts?

Of approximately 50 storefronts on Court Street from the Bridge to Chenango Street there are about 25 that are empty. Many have been empty for five or six years or more. Does that striek you as being a "vibrant" and "thriivng" downtown core?

The big influx of BU students downtown was supposed to save the busnesses downtown. In the nine months the place has been open a trendy coffee shop and sub shop have closed, two places you would have expected to thrive

Music City moved out of downtown to the Parkway and the owner has stated publicly, in writing, that business is booming since the move. He outright stated downtown was killing his business.

How much more proof do you want?

Guest Guest
You said an answer isn't necessary, and then you answered. THAT is curious. I do not see more closed businesses. I see more open ones. Who are the dead and dying? Do you mean dead people? :blink: Yikes.

Yet again we hear from the Binghamton Cheerleader who "sees" more businesses, more working class residents, and more growth downtown. And yet again we get not a single fact, statistic, or even a mere anecdote to back up his claims.

Call me,

Not surprised in the least.

Guest Guest

For all those critics of of economic development in the downtown core of Binghamton and all those people that question what Merry Harris has accomplished in two years in the Office of Economic Development we finally have tangible proof that things are happenning.

Remember this empty store front on Court Street that sat vacant for years and years with a small faded sign from the Binghamton Economic Development Office in the window:

4795875135281f51301a9accf1e5fbc96dbc14a7e66fa8ddde644a0b71e853cb802c987d.jpg

Well, after two years and over $100,000 spent on salary and about $12,000 spent on budget we finally see some progress:

70274497585fe5b838ffc32ec9df19f3cc9315196ec2bc75ebd6797d05fe17bd60e2e354.jpg

Here is that same empty store front on Court Street but look at that new sign!

There is proof, my friends, proof positive, that things are happenning.

Don't be fooled.

The downtown economy is thriving.

Just look at that sign.... that's a color picutre by the way.

Good job Merry Harris!

Guest Guest
The dresses there are gorgeous, my daughter got her prom dress and it was priced right. you should definately check it out.

My daughter also got her prom dress there yesterday...... very beautiful dress

Guest Patty

Merry Harris, well lets see where the money came from. One of the taxpayers grant funds perhaps?

This is not progress, this is taking your own money(taxpayers) to invest in something that is questionable to make a point that downtown isn't dead!

Wake up folks and see how Binghamton is truly run, the non for profit money run amuck!

GET out while you can!

Guest Guest
The shop reminds me of a Manhatten boutique! They also do special orders with designers that no one else carries in the area! It's a nice addition to downtown.

I won't take my daughter shopping downtown with the animals on the streets there.

@

Guest Guest
I won't take my daughter shopping downtown with the animals on the streets there.

@

does anyone know the names of the girls who own the store? is it the same owners from the pink bag? I was curious if they were first time business owners or people who have been around a while. It does make a difference.

Guest Guest
So you have decided this may be the best free way to advertise this silly business.

It's going to take more than fake ads to get you up and running, but before you know it it will all come together as it ain't going to fly!

Yea, I kind of resent the "free ad" thing too. It is obvious that the owners came on here to advertise their business. That's kind of sad.

Guest Guest
Yea, I kind of resent the "free ad" thing too. It is obvious that the owners came on here to advertise their business. That's kind of sad.

Well can anyone say who owns the store though??? I'm very curious. I personally do not think that someone came here for a "free add"-- but who knows!

Guest Guest

With the kind of garbage that normally gets posted on this site, you resent an owner of a new business for trying to get noticed on here?

Guest Guest

I'm happy to know about a new store sowntown so I can check it out. I don't really care what the reason it was posted on here.

Also, I am sick of reading the cynical repetitive messages on this forum about how depressed the downtown area is. The same posters are the ones who mock anyone who opens a new store and tries to do something about it. Some people seem to expect us to give downtown up for dead and walk away. There are many cities in the northeast that have faced exactly the same situaton and have been able to redevelop their downtowns. Binghamton will be able to do the same in time, but it would happen faster with a few more positive attitudes.

Guest shopper

seriously, can you tell me the age group the shop caters to - I need a couple of new dresses for different occasions - I am over 50 - do they have anything for this age group? if they do I'll be happy to give it a try.

Archived