Muslim Parade Tomorrow!!!!

Guest Parade Spectator ;)

Guest Parade Spectator ;)

Well tomorrow is the big day that everyone has been talking about all week. The parade the Muslims of America applied and received a permit for(unlike the BU protesters) to educate and celebrate with the community of the Prophet Muhammad (Islamic festival: an Islamic festival that marks the martyrdom of the brothers Hussein and Hassan, grandsons of the prophet Mohammed. in the month of Muharram.) I will be attending tomorrow’s events not in judgment, or prejudice. But simply for the fact of education. I am not going to let the media twisting the truth for ratings try to scare me in to sitting in my living room. When I can just as easily, go out and learn something about another culture. People are actually posting how racist this Muslim group is. What I see is racism in the posts. Just because Muslims around the world have been linked to terrorism does not mean that they are terrorists. Honestly if anyone in this group were remotely linked to terrorism with all the links that you BCVoicers have provided don’t you think the government would be up on that like 20 years before you posted them? Go there tomorrow witness what you are afraid of! Learn something new! Most of these people were born here in America and have just as much right to be here as you and I do. So they don’t practice the same religion? You have an opinion, I do, they do, everyone does. If your going what are your plans? Please keep it peaceful. I’m sure that is there intention.

Hope lots of people come and watch and learn about a different culture. Have a bad feeling there is going to be trouble. I hope not. Wish I could go see it, but have to work. Will be in Binghamton, but won't be able to see it. Please keep it peaceful for everyone's sake.

Guest Guest

Looks like it may get rained out. If it doesn't I may wander through downtown and check it out. I'll be the guy eating a ham sandwich and drinking a 40. I'll bring extras in case anyone there may want some.

I think that the press said that there were going to be festivities at the old Broome County Court House after the parade. Usually when something like that happens we will see guest speakers and such. Education will be passed out maybe and we might be able to buy some muslim products food, homemade goods. Who knows the press didn’t report a lot and didn’t report again. I think I’m going to go. I haven’t decided or not. I’m curious. I love learning new things. I just hope that everything remains peaceful or I’m out of there. If they didn’t get the permit though imagine what would have happened it would be way worse than the Vestal Parkway look at it that way! Seriously. If any other BCV are going that arn't going to protest let me know maybe we can all meet up or something? let me know.

I think that the press said that there were going to be festivities at the old Broome County Court House after the parade. Usually when something like that happens we will see guest speakers and such. Education will be passed out maybe and we might be able to buy some muslim products food, homemade goods. Who knows the press didn’t report a lot and didn’t report again. I think I’m going to go. I haven’t decided or not. I’m curious. I love learning new things. I just hope that everything remains peaceful or I’m out of there. If they didn’t get the permit though imagine what would have happened it would be way worse than the Vestal Parkway look at it that way! Seriously. If any other BCV are going that arn't going to protest let me know maybe we can all meet up or something? let me know.

I praise you for your decision. Perhaps we'll see you there...... :)

Guest Guest

I'm going I'll be the guy dresses like a commercial airliner with a suicide bomber chasing me around the street trying to knife me with a box cutter. Hopefully one of my liberal friends will pass some kind of legislative bill that will prevent them from trying to kill me.

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

THEY CAN ALL KISS MY ARSE!!!!!!

@

Guest The Trouble With Tribbles
Hope lots of people come and watch and learn about a different culture. Have a bad feeling there is going to be trouble. I hope not. Wish I could go see it, but have to work. Will be in Binghamton, but won't be able to see it. Please keep it peaceful for everyone's sake.

I learned by listening to all the condemnation coming from Muslims. All the Muslims speaking out against suicide bombings and beheadings taught me a lot about a different culture.I learned about the black culture by listening to thier leaders. Sharpton, Farrakan, Wright, Jackson, and all the others who think of the Founders of this Country as Dead White Men.

Combine the two and Black Muslims are open season. In the rhoterical sense naturally.

Understand?

Go with God.

Guest Guest

The blast shields are in place, the sandbags are full, all weaponry is in good to go condition. I am now ready for the parade of educational terrorists and the onslaught of idiot liberals that think parades are educational. No wonder they are looney, parades educational? When was the last time someone packed up a school and made it into a float? You morons!

Guest Guest
The blast shields are in place, the sandbags are full, all weaponry is in good to go condition. I am now ready for the parade of educational terrorists and the onslaught of idiot liberals that think parades are educational. No wonder they are looney, parades educational? When was the last time someone packed up a school and made it into a float? You morons!

If things go right there will be plenty of new pictures of black muslims and supporters as well as of license plates. Hopefully no violence.

All keep safety first inmind and see y'all on the "other side."

Guest Guest

My plan: to not care.

Giving these people attention of any kind is exactly what they want.

How many more parades do you think they'll stage if the streets are totally empty when they march today?

Guest Interesting

United States: The Jamaat al-Fuqra Threat

June 3, 2005 | 2238 GMT

Consider, if you will, a group whose members live "free from the decadence of a godless society" in guarded and insular communities in the rural United States. Additionally, consider that some members of this group have been convicted on a variety of weapons, fraud and terrorism charges. Those who assume we are once again addressing right-wing extremists such as the Aryan Nations would be wrong.

Although we do believe that right-wing extremists pose a threat to the security of the United States, the group we describe does not give its compounds names like Elohim City, the infamous compound of white supremacists in Adair County, Okla. Instead they call them Islamburg (N.Y.), Ahmadabad (Va.) and Holy Islamville (S.C.).

The group is Jamaat al-Fuqra -- Arabic for "community of the impoverished" -- founded in the 1980s by Sheikh Mubarak Ali Gilani, a religious figure from Pakistan who incorporated the group as a tax-exempt organization under the name Muslims of the Americas. Its educational arm, the Quranic Open University, takes American Muslims to Pakistan for training, expecting them to return and instruct others.

Residents of Muslims of the Americas communities keep a low profile, display a benign image and most of all deny the existence of Jamaat al-Fuqra. They claim to be peaceful people who simply are attempting to escape the decadence of American society. Actions by some of the residents, however, belie that claim.

Many of the original al-Fuqra members were converts to Islam, and most were African Americans. However, one of its first members -- and its first bombmaker -- was Stephen Paul Paster, who converted from Judaism to Islam. Paster was convicted for his role in the 1983 bombing of a Portland, Ore., hotel owned by the Hindu Bhagwan Rajneesh cult from India. He also was tried and acquitted on charges stemming from two other West Coast bombings. Upon his release from prison, Paster moved to Lahore, Pakistan, to join Gilani and other instructors at the Quranic Open University, where he allegedly helps to teach what Gilani calls "advanced training courses in Islamic Military Warfare."

The U.S. government claims that al-Fuqra members were involved in 13 bombings and arsons during the 1980s and 1990s and were responsible for at least 17 homicides. Many of these attacks targeted Indian groups such as the Hare Krishnas, or heterodox Muslim groups such as the Ahmadiyya sect. In 1991, five al-Fuqra members were arrested at a border crossing in Niagara Falls, N.Y., after authorities found their plans to attack an Indian cinema and a Hindu temple in Toronto, Canada. Three of the five later were convicted on charges stemming from the plot.

According to sources, many al-Fuqra members have fought in Afghanistan, Kashmir, Lebanon, Bosnia and Chechnya. Several members also have been affiliated with the al-Kifah Refugee Center -- popularly known as the Brooklyn Jihad Office. Group member Clement Hampton-el, for example, provided weapons training to several people associated with the Brooklyn Jihad Office. One of those men, El Sayyid Nosair later would use that training to assassinate the Rabbi Meir Kahane in Manhattan. Hampton-el was convicted along with several other men, including Nosair's cousin, Ibrahim Elgabrowny and Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, also known as The Blind Sheikh, in the 1993 New York Bomb Plot Case, and sentenced to serve 35 years.

More recently, police investigators working on the D.C. sniper case tied convicted killer John Allen Muhammed to al-Fuqra. Rumors also surfaced that "Shoe Bomber" Richard Reid was connected to the group. Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl, in fact, was investigating the Reid/al-Fuqra connection and was in the process of attempting to interview Gilani when he was abducted and killed.

In addition to Hampton-el, several other members of al-Fuqra are in federal and state prisons on a variety of weapons charges and convictions stemming from worker's compensation, credit card, welfare and driver's license fraud. The group allegedly uses its imprisoned members to recruit other prisoners. Furthermore, it was revealed during Hampton-el's trial that one of the organization's tasks was to recruit American veterans to fight in Afghanistan.

Al-Fuqra members own several security companies, which provide a source of income and security for the group and its compounds, but also offer a plausible explanation for the presence of firing ranges on the properties -- a cover for the paramilitary training that allegedly is conducted at the compounds.

Perhaps most disconcerting is that al-Fuqra's cadre of battle tested jihadist warriors -- men who refer to themselves as "Soldiers of Allah" and "Mohammed's Commandos" -- are mostly Americans who legally can obtain U.S. passports and operate in the United States without raising suspicion.

As the United States advances its war on terrorism abroad and takes measures to tighten immigration procedures in order to protect U.S. citizens from foreign militants, it is important that authorities not overlook America's homegrown jihadists.

keep your head down kate...don't make eye contact and if you see someone coming up to you with their coat buttoned...run, run away. otherwise get a chair....get a good seat and enjoy the fight.....want some ribs?????

I'm kinda at the other end of Washington St. so I don't think I'll be seeing too much unless it gets out of control, or I walk up to get some lunch.

I'm not bother to go to the parade today. Whether or not their will be problems, I want no part of this entire farce.

i agree...i want no part of this joke. I just hope that nothing happens, but i also hope the city knows what may happen and is ready for it.

and kate whats the matter...the ribs i got aren't good enough for you? hmmmph thats gratitude.....ive got the lawn chairs and the cooler if you want a beer or drink too. :lol:

i agree...i want no part of this joke. I just hope that nothing happens, but i also hope the city knows what may happen and is ready for it.

and kate whats the matter...the ribs i got aren't good enough for you? hmmmph thats gratitude.....ive got the lawn chairs and the cooler if you want a beer or drink too. :lol:

I'm not a big fan of ribs, sorry. I'm always up for a beer though

Guest Guest
I' m headed out now. Camera in hand. I will be caturing faces and vehicles and plates etc..... Never know. Just want to know my enemy..

there will be a war in the streets. it's just a matter of when.

Bingo, Captain. Keep up the good work. You are right that it is just a matter of when.

Maybe you could post the pictures on the web. We all need to know this information.

no problem...more ribs for me....lol. but help yourself to the beer...cold ones are at the bottom of the cooler....lol.

what time does the show start? anyone know?

I'm not really sure but they were out there setting up at 9, maybe it starts around 1:00 that's usually when parades are in Binghamton

Archived