sun4/6 start boycott lotto,tobacco,alcohol minimize gas use 1 week goverment will fall 2 knees

Guest teach ny a lesson

Guest teach ny a lesson

the way I see it these are nonessential items. if you cant quit smoking or chewing go to pa for a few weeks minimize gas usage and fuel in pa for a few weeks. do not buy any lotto tickets or scratch offs. and do not buy any beer or booze of anykind even in a bar for a month . I mean atleast try it for a week. I bet if even a small fraction of us participate in this boycott we will be noticed and they will beg for mercy. it begins sunday morning 4/6/08 !! maybe it would even help some of us save a few extra bucks or use sunday to go back to church and get your family doing something fun. or maybe break your addiction to the above. lol

who is in . ? who will stand together like americans should.

Guest c. everett koop
the way I see it these are nonessential items. if you cant quit smoking or chewing go to pa for a few weeks minimize gas usage and fuel in pa for a few weeks. do not buy any lotto tickets or scratch offs. and do not buy any beer or booze of anykind even in a bar for a month . I mean atleast try it for a week. I bet if even a small fraction of us participate in this boycott we will be noticed and they will beg for mercy. it begins sunday morning 4/6/08 !! maybe it would even help some of us save a few extra bucks or use sunday to go back to church and get your family doing something fun. or maybe break your addiction to the above. lol

those things are all neccessities. ask the hockey helmet guy. most smokers would boycott gas before cigarettes. that's why we are supposed to feel sorry for them.

Guest Guest
the way I see it these are nonessential items. if you cant quit smoking or chewing go to pa for a few weeks minimize gas usage and fuel in pa for a few weeks. do not buy any lotto tickets or scratch offs. and do not buy any beer or booze of anykind even in a bar for a month .

Alcoholics give up booze? Smokers give up their toxic weed?

Not a chance.

I'd love to go into a convenience store just once and not have to wait behind people buying 24 packs or 17 Lottery tickets.

I'd gain about a half hour a day back in my life.

I'd love to go into a convenience store just once and not have to wait behind people buying 24 packs or 17 Lottery tickets.

I'd gain about a half hour a day back in my life.

Start paying at the pump and/or start buying your groceries at a grocery store.

Problem solved.

@

Guest Guest

Probably won't do any good,most people that still do smoke already go to Pa to buy them. They get their gas while they're there and if they want to smoke while they drink they do that there too.

@

Guest Guest

I dont think most people get fuel in pa most gas stations around here are full all the time. I do think it would make a diffrence if most of us atleast try it.

well I would say it sounds like a good effort on your part and although I quit smoking years ago and havent drank for a year I will not buy my lotto tickets this week and will try to save some fuel and go to hallstead to fuel its nice out now so its a nice little 10 min cruise .

Guest brents brother

well ill make a counter prediction I think this will work. but it wont work with the negative attitude. I say just do it try something new and out of your ordinary.

Start paying at the pump and/or start buying your groceries at a grocery store.

Problem solved.

@

Not necessarily...I try to do that all the time, and often the outside scanners have something wrong w/ them that makes me have to go inside.

It's annoying.

Guest Guest
Not necessarily...I try to do that all the time, and often the outside scanners have something wrong w/ them that makes me have to go inside.

It's annoying.

its not about being quiker you people in binghamton always miss the bigger picture. its to boycott the goverments pet products their bread and butter that they keep raising taxes on . and to show the oil compays we will just slow down on buying gas.

OK ... I moved here in NOV... was absolutely amazed at the cheaper price of food .. ( pa better for gas and smokes and fuel oil ) ..

But in the last 4 months .. cost of butter ... up ... somewheres in the neighborhood of 25%?) milk going up .. bread is higher .. seeing prices I saw in NC.. beef, chicken and pork still cheaper though, but give that time..

I was sighing relief for my high food bill when we moved...

Lower electric when i moved

Defiantely lower phone bill ,, didnt have the option of rolling cable, internet and phone together in NC .. .cost me 150 a month more for the three..

So my taxes are higher, schools - there is no comparision .. NY has some of the best...

So cut back on great steaks every week ... have to run to PA little more for bad habits ... ...

Guest Guest

I think the idea has merit, but it seems if you have to have everyone agree to what they will and won't do in the name of defiance, you'll never get past square one. It might be smarter to all agree that if we reduce our consumption of the stuff they gratuitously tax, then we may make them notice. And its generally better for us anyway. I tried starting a thread in a similar vain a few weeks ago, and it was instantly side tracked and buried. The idea was to have everyone report in on what they had done differently to send a message that we're all getting pretty tired of being stepped all over.

I live down here in Pa, and the price advantages on smokes and gas are negligible at this point. Of course if NY puts through the $1.25 tax they're talking about, then it'll be worth the drive to Smokin Joes once a week.

@

Guest Guest

Why boycott NY when you can just move to PA? Every talks about how great PA is, I wonder why they do not move there? Wouldn't that be even better than a boycott? Remember that the Grass is always greener on the other side.

Guest Old School

The "Political Class" aren't ignorant, they recognize the monetary value in addictive behaviors. Smoking, the addicts will have to pay more for their addiction, because nobody would advocate a product proven to shorten the lifetime of users. Alcohol addiction, let's raise the tax on that as well, because no politician in their right mind would advocate "Drunk Driving". Excessive consumption of gasoline is in the same boat. No POLITICIAN in his RIGHT mind would pass on the opportunity to punish, financially strong entities because they use TRUCKS that avg. less than 8 mpg. The "Political Class" has become so far removed from the PEOPLE they so-called REPRESENT that they think these "user fees" would not be percieved as another form of "Taxation". Once again, I'd like to remind the viewers of BCVoice that the original intent of the TOBACCO SETTLEMENT, by law, was to fund HOSPITALS and LONG-TERM NURSING FACILITIES. The original intent of LEGALIZED LOTTERY GAMBLING in New YorK State was to contribute to EDUCATION. NEITHER has happened, but the "Political Class" gets better every year at "privatizing", and taxing, consumptive behaviors. The Harvey Building has been in need of renovation for a long time, and BCC should have upgraded their classroooms a long time ago. If BCC had a couple of good Dorms on-site they would do better. As long as our local "Political Class" continues to jump on the bandwagon of tobacco, alcohol, fuel and gambling to fund their own aspirations of comfortable working conditions, They will fail!!! Fifteen Years ago, the Vet's Home in Oxford was a good plan. Built for American Patriots who survived a conflict in NE Asia. Who will help the boyz coming home next week, certainly not the professional "Political Class".

its not about being quiker you people in binghamton always miss the bigger picture. its to boycott the goverments pet products their bread and butter that they keep raising taxes on . and to show the oil compays we will just slow down on buying gas.

I was responding to another post. :rolleyes:

I'm well aware of the "point" the OP was trying to make.

Guest Guest
OK ... I moved here in NOV... was absolutely amazed at the cheaper price of food .. ( pa better for gas and smokes and fuel oil ) ..

But in the last 4 months .. cost of butter ... up ... somewheres in the neighborhood of 25%?) milk going up .. bread is higher .. seeing prices I saw in NC.. beef, chicken and pork still cheaper though, but give that time..

I was sighing relief for my high food bill when we moved...

Lower electric when i moved

Defiantely lower phone bill ,, didnt have the option of rolling cable, internet and phone together in NC .. .cost me 150 a month more for the three..

So my taxes are higher, schools - there is no comparision .. NY has some of the best...

So cut back on great steaks every week ... have to run to PA little more for bad habits ... ...

I haven't been to NC long enough in the last year to buy groceries but I do know that electric is lower. Haven't you heard that besides Hawaii NYS has the highest electric costs in the nation? Where did you live in NC??NC is also lower in almost every other category,taxes etc. Plus the cost of smokes and gas being almost 10% lower.

@

Archived