Online Dating Experiences

Guest Angelique

Guest Angelique

Hi all,

I just ran into a friend that met her husband to be on a dating site. They are perfect together & so I am wondering if there are any more people out there that have fallen in love and have committed to each other after being connected online?

Many of us singles are looking to meet Mr or Ms Right but all agree this area is difficult to find a match, please share your stories........

I worked with three guys that have/had INTERNET brides.

1. Married a woman from Canada. Retired to Florida and happy.

2. Married a woman from the Philippines. They are having all kinds of trouble. She does not like this area.

3. Married a woman from Sweden. The first time they met face to face was one week before they got married. She was drop dead beautiful, he is grossly over weight(at least 350lbs). Married for about a month before she met someone else online and took off for somewhere out west. Her new love beat the crap out of her so she came back. Left again after a few days for the same guy out west. INS got involved and deported her. Her hubby had to not only pay for the divorce but her plane ticket back to Sweden.

One out of three are doing fine.

Guest Been There

Several years ago, after being divorced for a few years, and not having good luck at finding a new "Mr Right" in my regular circles, I decided to give online dating a chance. I joined Match.com. I was genuinely honest. I didnt sugarcoat my age, my looks, my interests nothing. If I was going to seriously find Mr Right, I felt I had to be myself and not some made up version of myself that I wish I was. I am an advenrurous outdoorsy athletic woman and I wanted a partner who was the same. I got lots of winks and messages and I talked to several guys who were interesting....and then...there was this one. He described himself so eloguently. He portrayed himself as a romantic, intelligent, adventurous, outdoorsy, love to have fun like a kid kind of guy. The things he said he liked to do--or that he would do--and the conversations we had on the computer, plus his picture, I was smitten! We talked all the time. On the computer, on the phone, during the day, late at night, all the time every day. And we were dying to meet. But he did not live in the area. So we plan this very adventurous first date, which involved travel. I had always wanted to bungee jump and he said he had always wanted to also. So, we planned it out, each paying half, to meet for a weekend, to do dinner, bungee jump, get to know each other. Now mind you, I really felt I KNEW this guy after all the conversations we'd had and pictures we'd exchanged. Ok it executes flawlessly, we both fly in, we meet, he looks exactly like his picture, Im super psyched! And thats where it all changed. He was not the personality he described. He was not adventurous or outdoorsy and he had no interest or plan to ever bungee jump with me or anyone. I didnt know this til day 2 when the whole purpose for flying to this destination was to do this. Meanwhile, what I realized was that he just wanted to bed me. He created this elaborate charade for me and countless other women (Im sure) that absolutely was not true. It was a lie. He was not romantic or chivalrous at all. He is not outdoorsy or adventurous in the sense that I wanted him to be or thought he was and is a control freak too uptight to ever have fun like a carefree child. And I was crushed. Needless to say that ended our flirtation and was the last time I ever saw him. He did email me and call me several times after that but it went no where. My next few experiences with Match.com were similar and so I bailed on it. What Im saying is that Im sure there are true people on there and I am confident some people are honest. But many many many, lie. So be careful. I was dumb to get on a plane to meet a stranger and I realize now that couldve turned out real bad.

Guest Been There
Several years ago, after being divorced for a few years, and not having good luck at finding a new "Mr Right" in my regular circles, I decided to give online dating a chance. I joined Match.com. I was genuinely honest. I didnt sugarcoat my age, my looks, my interests nothing. If I was going to seriously find Mr Right, I felt I had to be myself and not some made up version of myself that I wish I was. I am an advenrurous outdoorsy athletic woman and I wanted a partner who was the same. I got lots of winks and messages and I talked to several guys who were interesting....and then...there was this one. He described himself so eloguently. He portrayed himself as a romantic, intelligent, adventurous, outdoorsy, love to have fun like a kid kind of guy. The things he said he liked to do--or that he would do--and the conversations we had on the computer, plus his picture, I was smitten! We talked all the time. On the computer, on the phone, during the day, late at night, all the time every day. And we were dying to meet. But he did not live in the area. So we plan this very adventurous first date, which involved travel. I had always wanted to bungee jump and he said he had always wanted to also. So, we planned it out, each paying half, to meet for a weekend, to do dinner, bungee jump, get to know each other. Now mind you, I really felt I KNEW this guy after all the conversations we'd had and pictures we'd exchanged. Ok it executes flawlessly, we both fly in, we meet, he looks exactly like his picture, Im super psyched! And thats where it all changed. He was not the personality he described. He was not adventurous or outdoorsy and he had no interest or plan to ever bungee jump with me or anyone. I didnt know this til day 2 when the whole purpose for flying to this destination was to do this. Meanwhile, what I realized was that he just wanted to bed me. He created this elaborate charade for me and countless other women (Im sure) that absolutely was not true. It was a lie. He was not romantic or chivalrous at all. He is not outdoorsy or adventurous in the sense that I wanted him to be or thought he was and is a control freak too uptight to ever have fun like a carefree child. And I was crushed. Needless to say that ended our flirtation and was the last time I ever saw him. He did email me and call me several times after that but it went no where. My next few experiences with Match.com were similar and so I bailed on it. What Im saying is that Im sure there are true people on there and I am confident some people are honest. But many many many, lie. So be careful. I was dumb to get on a plane to meet a stranger and I realize now that couldve turned out real bad.

Oh a couple more things: His profile said he was divorced. He was still married (though he had moved out). And had a girlfriend, that obviously he was cheating on. Those lies were big ones.

Guest Guest

People do lie. Internet "dating" gives those people a much bigger vehicle with which to do so.

I met someone online a handful of years ago.

After a good while she swore she loved me and wanted to get married, etc.

It just ended. Out of the blue, almost like flicking a switch, she stopped caring. I highly suspect she's been lying to me the whole time. And that she's found someone new on the Internet.

Guest happy4them

My friend found a lovely man online. They married about years ago and are expecting their second child. They are very happy. It's much like reuglar dating, I imagine. Good and bad. It just exposes you to more people at one time. Weed through them, and watch for red flags. god luck on your mission to find a good man. I wish you well, its ard out there. Be honest and confident and you will do well.

Guest freakfinder
Oh a couple more things: His profile said he was divorced. He was still married (though he had moved out). And had a girlfriend, that obviously he was cheating on. Those lies were big ones.

Sounds like someone that I know of who has his picture up on Yahoo Personals. (I know the guy irl thanks to a friend)The dude is only looking for a romp in the hay-and a kinky one at that. Seems like a nice guy when you meet him in person (not on a date but with friends) and the minute he opens his mouth it's so loaded with crap you wanna puke. So if you ever run into anyone from Simmons Rockwell in Elmira that's looking for a chick with painted toenails-avoid him like the plague! Even wearing Armani doesn't change the fact that some men are just pigs.

Guest Guest
Hi all,

I just ran into a friend that met her husband to be on a dating site. They are perfect together & so I am wondering if there are any more people out there that have fallen in love and have committed to each other after being connected online?

Many of us singles are looking to meet Mr or Ms Right but all agree this area is difficult to find a match, please share your stories........

I hear you can disappear in the middle of the night without a clue. No holds bar! :blink:

Guest Guest

The only people who use online dating is those who have no life. They sit behind their computer with this idea someone is going to knock on their door.

Online dating is nothing more then in its name -- ONLINE DATING --

Get up off your duff's and get outside and do something. Come on up to Otsiningo Park for a walk, game of softball or something. If you see up up at the bbq pit, stop in and have a drink with us.

Guest My Experience
Hi all,

If you're looking for a long time commitment, good luck. If you're looking for a one night stand, that's probably what you'll get. The chances of someone expressing their true selves over the net is slim to none. 99% of the time online dating is another way of saying, who wants to have meaningless sex? That's at least what I've experienced.

Guest Guest
If you're looking for a long time commitment, good luck. If you're looking for a one night stand, that's probably what you'll get. The chances of someone expressing their true selves over the net is slim to none. 99% of the time online dating is another way of saying, who wants to have meaningless sex? That's at least what I've experienced.

Yes it is that too....another venue from which horny, married cheaters can troll for a romp. Much safer for them, too. They don't have to put their faces out there like they used to when they went to bars.

@

Guest Just Lookin

A girlfriend of mine met her now-husband on the match site through AOL, (not sure what its called). I thought she was crazy to fly to MN to meet him instead of him coming here on her "turf", but nothing I said would convince her otherwise. Needless to say it all worked well, they have been married for nearly 10 yrs now.

I think when you are meant to find "the one" you will, but you must wait until its God's will to send him/her to you.

I'm trying to be patient and still waiting

Guest Guest
A girlfriend of mine met her now-husband on the match site through AOL, (not sure what its called). I thought she was crazy to fly to MN to meet him instead of him coming here on her "turf", but nothing I said would convince her otherwise. Needless to say it all worked well, they have been married for nearly 10 yrs now.

I think when you are meant to find "the one" you will, but you must wait until its God's will to send him/her to you.

I'm trying to be patient and still waiting

Nice story.

For every one of those success stories, though, there are a lot more failures.

Guest Just Lookin
Sounds like someone that I know of who has his picture up on Yahoo Personals. (I know the guy irl thanks to a friend)The dude is only looking for a romp in the hay-and a kinky one at that. Seems like a nice guy when you meet him in person (not on a date but with friends) and the minute he opens his mouth it's so loaded with crap you wanna puke. So if you ever run into anyone from Simmons Rockwell in Elmira that's looking for a chick with painted toenails-avoid him like the plague! Even wearing Armani doesn't change the fact that some men are just pigs.

I think I may have had the displeasure of meeting this person you speak of. Is his first name Randy?

I've tried it, with varying degrees of success. You meet some really nice people, and some really weird people, but the key is trusting your instincts and watching out for your safety...like not divulging too much information too soon, and meeting in public places.

Guest Guest
I've tried it, with varying degrees of success. You meet some really nice people, and some really weird people, but the key is trusting your instincts and watching out for your safety...like not divulging too much information too soon, and meeting in public places.

i've got an idea. why not do it the old fashion way. i met my wife at work 38 years ago and we just celebrated our 33rd anniversary yesterday.

Guest Guest

Sure. My ex boyfriend met alot of "wondeful" women online who fell for his crap. But then so did I. "Oh, she's just a BUSINESS acquainatance", "just a friend I met"...etc. My advice to these women is, if it doesn't sound right, then it probably isn't. I know of several other men who peruse these sites and LIE to the women they meet on them. Telling some sad song and dance about their ex-wife (when they still LIVE together) or how their EX girlfriend is such a mean and nasty B****. But all the while he still spends the night there. They are 2 timing and lying to everyone. Oh and for the cows that my ex bedded, I hope you get yourself checked because I am sure he didn't reveal that he has had an STD for YEARS...from another tramp he lied about being friends with. Good Luck but Beware!

Guest Guest
Sure. My ex boyfriend met alot of "wondeful" women online who fell for his crap. But then so did I. "Oh, she's just a BUSINESS acquainatance", "just a friend I met"...etc. My advice to these women is, if it doesn't sound right, then it probably isn't. I know of several other men who peruse these sites and LIE to the women they meet on them. Telling some sad song and dance about their ex-wife (when they still LIVE together) or how their EX girlfriend is such a mean and nasty B****. But all the while he still spends the night there. They are 2 timing and lying to everyone. Oh and for the cows that my ex bedded, I hope you get yourself checked because I am sure he didn't reveal that he has had an STD for YEARS...from another tramp he lied about being friends with. Good Luck but Beware!

WHY DOES EVERYONE ALWAYS THINK IT'S ONLY THE MALE THAT DOES THIS ?????

Dang people, it takes 2 and either can stray. Not just men. Women do it also, and more then MEN do. Be careful of what your WIFE tells you !!!!

Guest Guest

Know two people that met on-line and are living happily thereafter

however I as a single guy find it scary because I am so nieve, (can ya believe somebody like me exists!) and don't want to get taken for a ride.

I absolutely have more respect for myself then to go to bars, (never been) however I do visit alot of eaterys hoping to be noticed.

Guest Guest

however I as a single guy find it scary because I am so nieve, (can ya believe somebody like me exists!) and don't want to get taken for a ride.

I absolutely have more respect for myself then to go to bars, (never been) however I do visit alot of eaterys hoping to be noticed.

You have got to be kidding? Nice line and spelling, too.

Guest Guest

Keep visiting those eateries - when you hit 300 -350 lbs you WILL get noticed! :D

@

Archived