Wish me luck

Guest Just Lookin

Guest Guest

Best of luck to you- and I hope you can keep with it - I know how hard it is to quit but I also know it can be done -especially if you have a strong will to do so - I have not had a smoke in 4 years after making the decision to quit "cold turkey" and have never looked back - it has made my life better as well as put more money in my pocket!! Start putting the money aside that you would spend on cigarettes and at the end of a week, month or year treat yourself to something special - you deserve it! Congrats!!

@

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is almost the middle of the day! How are you all doing on quitting? Hope to hear good, Keep your chin up there will be brighter days

Guest Guest
I love the idea of a BCV Quitters support group. We all know why we should quit and most of us want to quit but the icing on the cake for me is having the health scare and the price increase!

I too work from home so its easy to step away for a smoke as opposed if I worked in a office building. I don't smoke in my home, just put on the coat like Dingbat does and go outside, but I do smoke in my car. Talking on the phone...thank god for cordless phones and driving are my 2 biggest "triggers" so need to find a way to make them non-triggers.

Did have 1/2 a smoke today, it was odd. I didn't smoke the entire thing which would be normal being the first one of the day. Didn't really get much pleasure out of it so threw it back in the garbage I took that as a good sign. Tomorrow is trash pick up day so won't be able to dig any out after tomorrow anyway......another good sign.

Now I know you are Diane.

Good luck on quitting. You know I was always hoping you'd do it.

Guest Guest

I just recently quit smoking. It's been about 3 weeks.

Although, the stuff I was smoking had a skunky smell and I burned it in a bowl, or bong.

I do miss that bong after a hard day of work.

You can do it. I quit and I feel better than ever. I sleep better, I smell better and I don't feel guilty about smoking. There really is no need for it if you think about it. Just do it and don't look back. Remember how you were before you didn't smoke. You don't need it.

Guest Hayley
I love the idea of a BCV Quitters support group. We all know why we should quit and most of us want to quit but the icing on the cake for me is having the health scare and the price increase!

I too work from home so its easy to step away for a smoke as opposed if I worked in a office building. I don't smoke in my home, just put on the coat like Dingbat does and go outside, but I do smoke in my car. Talking on the phone...thank god for cordless phones and driving are my 2 biggest "triggers" so need to find a way to make them non-triggers.

Did have 1/2 a smoke today, it was odd. I didn't smoke the entire thing which would be normal being the first one of the day. Didn't really get much pleasure out of it so threw it back in the garbage I took that as a good sign. Tomorrow is trash pick up day so won't be able to dig any out after tomorrow anyway......another good sign.

What about a weight loss support group to?? That would be great and I think we could all help each other when we have cravings.

Archived