Wish me luck

Guest Just Lookin

I kicked a cocaine habit 25 years ago. Did lots of counciling, checked myself into Conifer Park for an extended period of time, but nothing worked! One day I was soaking in the pool, my nose and mouth on fire, and felt like my life was slipping away. My heart was beating out of my chest, and I started crying. That was it! I never indulged again, no matter how I was tempted by my inner circle...I passed. Glad to say, I'm still here! You can do it girl, and on your own if you have to!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I kicked a cocaine habit 25 years ago. Did lots of counciling, checked myself into Conifer Park for an extended period of time, but nothing worked! One day I was soaking in the pool, my nose and mouth on fire, and felt like my life was slipping away. My heart was beating out of my chest, and I started crying. That was it! I never indulged again, no matter how I was tempted by my inner circle...I passed. Glad to say, I'm still here! You can do it girl, and on your own if you have to!

SIH, I'm thinking it takes "in balance" to know "in balance" ;)

You crack me up! :lol:

Guest Just Lookin

You guys and girls are the nicest group of people I have ever "met" and I truly mean that!

Because you offered so much support I'm going to be honest with you.......I fell off the wagon tonight. As nasty as it was dug my smokes out of the trash and smoked several of them. I'm going to try again tomorrow morning I threw them back in the trash tonight in the cans outside this time. I think I might have to have to drive someplace to trash them or wait til trash pick up day, but I'm hoping not though. I'm going to get up in the morning and keep in in my head I'm a non-smoker and take the advice of a hour or even a minute at a time. I just pray that each hour and each day that passes it gets easier cause if not I'm doomed.

I'll let you know how it goes and thank you to each and every one of you for your kindness!

Beautiful day outside today thought I'd go out and rake up some of the yard. I didn't get 3 small strips done when I was out of breath and had a horrible tight feeling in my chest that quite frankly scared me. Threw down the rake came indoors laid down and am feeling okay now. I had heart troubles in the past but this just scared the hell outta me which is maybe just what I needed to quit for good. Its only been an hour but I'm already proud of myself I never go more than 30 minutes without one! I just threw out everything ashtrays. lighters, and smokes I still had and damn it I might become bitchier for a while and maybe I'll even get fat (I hope not) but I AM going to be a non-smoker!!!! That sh*t is going to kill me if I don't and this afternoon just proved it!

Ok it was a spur of the moment thing but from all I've read about quitting smoking they always say get a support system and let people know you have quit..........so I QUIT! If I told certain people that are close to me they would all just laugh and say "yeah right" and ask when I'm having my next smoke, they won't believe me. They are non supporters so I'm not even going to mention it to them lets just see how long it takes before they notice!

Thanks for listening!

Congrats! After 3 days the nicotine will be out of your system. Then it's just a fight with your mind. Quit them before they quit you.....

Guest Guest

I've never read that the nicotine leaves your body after 3 days.

I do know that nicotine is one of the most addictive substances on the planet. I'd be surprised if every trace of it is gone in such a short time.

Even THC is detectable in your blood for several weeks after last use.

SIH, I'm thinking it takes "in balance" to know "in balance" ;)

You crack me up! :lol:

I ain't kidding you DB, I was a "cokehead", finally broke loose on my own, recognizing my own mortality. It's a tough gig...I know what "JL" is going thru, digging thru the garbage for cigarettes...next will be cigarette butts. Been there, done that! I used to rip plastic bags open from the 8 balls I bought, and scrape them with a razor blade, to try to get high from the residue in the bags. Don't give up JL...you may fail the first 20 or 30 times, but #31 is a charm. I'm rooting for you!

You guys and girls are the nicest group of people I have ever "met" and I truly mean that!

Because you offered so much support I'm going to be honest with you.......I fell off the wagon tonight. As nasty as it was dug my smokes out of the trash and smoked several of them. I'm going to try again tomorrow morning I threw them back in the trash tonight in the cans outside this time. I think I might have to have to drive someplace to trash them or wait til trash pick up day, but I'm hoping not though. I'm going to get up in the morning and keep in in my head I'm a non-smoker and take the advice of a hour or even a minute at a time. I just pray that each hour and each day that passes it gets easier cause if not I'm doomed.

I'll let you know how it goes and thank you to each and every one of you for your kindness!

I said that one pack was my last pack, then i made a countdown. I stapled 20 pieces of numbered paper together and when I got to 1 I was a non smoker. It worked until my fiancee got sick, now I'm a smoker again. Also it helps if you use those little cocktail straws just chew on them when you want a cigarette.

I ain't kidding you DB, I was a "cokehead", finally broke loose on my own, recognizing my own mortality. It's a tough gig...I know what "JL" is going thru, digging thru the garbage for cigarettes...next will be cigarette butts. Been there, done that! I used to rip plastic bags open from the 8 balls I bought, and scrape them with a razor blade, to try to get high from the residue in the bags. Don't give up JL...you may fail the first 20 or 30 times, but #31 is a charm. I'm rooting for you!

coke's a hard thing to kick. At one point I was picking my nose to get any residue that was left. it took meeting my fiancee for me to kick it. he didn't like it and I liked him so I stopped.

I've never read that the nicotine leaves your body after 3 days.

I do know that nicotine is one of the most addictive substances on the planet. I'd be surprised if every trace of it is gone in such a short time.

Even THC is detectable in your blood for several weeks after last use.

Maybe i misspoke, but - Detox for Life

Nicotine is one of the most addictive substances on the planet. I've been able to quit other drugs, but not this one. Yet.

My father talked himself through it. Kept telling himself Ive gone 2 hours, can I go 2 more, Ive gone one day can I go 2 and so forth. He quit for 10 years till his mother died and picked it right back up. Im trying it Monday because of the same reason. I was taking wood downstairs and thought I was going to pass out. Time to quit. And Im not going to pay the increase.

My father talked himself through it. Kept telling himself Ive gone 2 hours, can I go 2 more, Ive gone one day can I go 2 and so forth. He quit for 10 years till his mother died and picked it right back up. Im trying it Monday because of the same reason. I was taking wood downstairs and thought I was going to pass out. Time to quit. And Im not going to pay the increase.

That works for me to cut down, but cessation worked best for me. Until I went to the bar. I smoked a pack that night and threw up all the next day. :(

This will be my second time trying. The first time I tried the patch, nightmares, itched like hell and I wanted to smoke even more. This time its giong to be just stop cold. I wont take pills for it because of the side effects. Sunday night cigs and anything that resembles cigs are gone. Not in the trash eather because thats just asking for trouble, they have to be totally gone. The only tough part is I work from home and Im able to smoke any time, if I worked in a public building it might be easier and I drve alot so no coffee and cigs at hand driving makes me nuts, and coffee theres another story, one in hand, so is the other.

Guest Guest-country girl-*
The only tough part is I work from home and Im able to smoke any time

Me too, it does suck doesnt it? I get up in the morning, brush my teeth and sit down at my computer with my cigs and soda. I have got to make myself go outside or something if I want to smoke, maybe I will at least be able to cut down if I do that.

Because you offered so much support I'm going to be honest with you.......I fell off the wagon tonight. As nasty as it was dug my smokes out of the trash and smoked several of them.

Dont feel bad about it, it is very hard to quit, just keep trying and dont give up. I have tried several times, tried hypnosis, Chantix (until I heard about the side effects) and failed at both. I have been the route of digging through the garbage, it is not pretty. Keep trying, you will get there.

Me too, it does suck doesnt it? I get up in the morning, brush my teeth and sit down at my computer with my cigs and soda. I have got to make myself go outside or something if I want to smoke, maybe I will at least be able to cut down if I do that.
There is no slowing down for me its all or nothing and Im out and active all the time mostly driving.

Guest Guest

Quitting smoking is the easiest thing I have ever done in my life. I ought to know, I've done it at least a dozen times....

Just keep at it. I chew gum like a lunatic now since I quit about 10 years ago.

The best thing they ever did to help me quit was eliminating smoking from restaurants and bars. Thats when I would want one the worst.

Quitting smoking is the easiest thing I have ever done in my life. I ought to know, I've done it at least a dozen times....

Just keep at it. I chew gum like a lunatic now since I quit about 10 years ago.

The best thing they ever did to help me quit was eliminating smoking from restaurants and bars. Thats when I would want one the worst.

I dont drink so that parts easy.

I haven't smoked in my home or car in over 10 years. It really hasn't slowed me down, I just bought a heavier coat that I only wear to smoke in.

Smokes are going up to $6 a pack soon. Want to start a BCV Quitters Support Group?

I haven't smoked in my home or car in over 10 years. It really hasn't slowed me down, I just bought a heavier coat that I only wear to smoke in.

Smokes are going up to $6 a pack soon. Want to start a BCV Quitters Support Group?

Theres another thing you just reminded me of. Ill have to wipe down the walls and stuff like that with pinesol or something. I have a very clean house mind you but that crap sticks to the walls and stuff like that. Id be in on the suppot group thing too. Something besides the pills and gum yuck!

:lol:

Sounds like a good idea.

Guest Just Lookin

I love the idea of a BCV Quitters support group. We all know why we should quit and most of us want to quit but the icing on the cake for me is having the health scare and the price increase!

I too work from home so its easy to step away for a smoke as opposed if I worked in a office building. I don't smoke in my home, just put on the coat like Dingbat does and go outside, but I do smoke in my car. Talking on the phone...thank god for cordless phones and driving are my 2 biggest "triggers" so need to find a way to make them non-triggers.

Did have 1/2 a smoke today, it was odd. I didn't smoke the entire thing which would be normal being the first one of the day. Didn't really get much pleasure out of it so threw it back in the garbage I took that as a good sign. Tomorrow is trash pick up day so won't be able to dig any out after tomorrow anyway......another good sign.

I love the idea of a BCV Quitters support group. We all know why we should quit and most of us want to quit but the icing on the cake for me is having the health scare and the price increase!

I too work from home so its easy to step away for a smoke as opposed if I worked in a office building. I don't smoke in my home, just put on the coat like Dingbat does and go outside, but I do smoke in my car. Talking on the phone...thank god for cordless phones and driving are my 2 biggest "triggers" so need to find a way to make them non-triggers.

Did have 1/2 a smoke today, it was odd. I didn't smoke the entire thing which would be normal being the first one of the day. Didn't really get much pleasure out of it so threw it back in the garbage I took that as a good sign. Tomorrow is trash pick up day so won't be able to dig any out after tomorrow anyway......another good sign.

Im waiting till sunday because Ive allready bought cigs for the week in PA. I usually stop on my way back from NYC because of them being cheaper and they dont have the stop strips in the PA smokes...big difference from the NY smokes once they are gone thats it. The health scare is plenty for me. I have circulation problems and have had 2 blood clots go from my heart into my lungs a few years ago and should have quit then.

You guys can do it, DONT GIVE UP the average smoker tries to quit 7 times before being successful so don’t think that this goal for you is never going to happen or that your just not meant to quit, So many people give up and blame themselves when you have the urge walk the dog, clean the house, go for a run , paint your nails, put excessive lotion on your hands so that you can’t hold a cigarette do whatever it takes to not pick them up, And JL rip them up poor nail polish on them anything to make them not smoke able you can do it , And putting a date on quitting is just going to make it harder, Give them to a friend who smokes let it be their problem, If you put a date on quitting you will only prolong the smoking process or even fail at quitting

So put them down give them up today

Archived