mullins to where?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

does anywhere know where mullins will be playing basketball in college... i heard he was planning on walking on at binghamton is that true or no?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

all the real athletes have signed NLI in their sports.

Mullins will be at BCC, maybe a D3 school like Oneonta would be a nice fit.

He would never make the team at BU

Guest C.D.R.
all the real athletes have signed NLI in their sports.

Mullins will be at BCC, maybe a D3 school like Oneonta would be a nice fit.

He would never make the team at BU

They might be interested in Matt because of the local aspect of things. Keeping a local player would help keep the community interested and on their good side. For all the Mullins haters out there he is a popular name and would show the community that Broadus has an interest in them and does not consider himself above the local players.

That being said its a huge mistake for Matt if he decides to try and walkon at Binghamton. Even if he makes the team he will NEVER play there. If he has Division 1 aspirations he should play at Broome for a year where he can develop his game. Evens was a former pro player and Mullins could develop his game on the court at Broome instead of on the bench at BU.

Guest Guest
They might be interested in Matt because of the local aspect of things. Keeping a local player would help keep the community interested and on their good side. For all the Mullins haters out there he is a popular name and would show the community that Broadus has an interest in them and does not consider himself above the local players.

That being said its a huge mistake for Matt if he decides to try and walkon at Binghamton. Even if he makes the team he will NEVER play there. If he has Division 1 aspirations he should play at Broome for a year where he can develop his game. Evens was a former pro player and Mullins could develop his game on the court at Broome instead of on the bench at BU.

Well as twisted up as your English is I actually agree with your point. BU would love to have a local kid involved with their program simply to look like its staying involved and cares about the Binghamton community. It makes sense on a lot of levels. Matt is a good player, but he is not good enough to play there. He will never be more than a practice player. If scholarship is what he wants he should go to Broome and move on from there. Otherwise he should just go to a D-3 school and have a nice career.

Guest Guest

Matt is a nice high school player. He has nowhere near Division I talent. We need to get realistic here. Nick Weiermiller was twice the players Matt is and he's at D-I Texas Pan American.

Guest Guest
Matt is a nice high school player. He has nowhere near Division I talent. We need to get realistic here. Nick Weiermiller was twice the players Matt is and he's at D-I Texas Pan American.

Broadus has offerred the kid a roster spot. He will be a Binghamton University Bearcat. Basically a recruited walk on. Which means he will be on the official roster without having to compete in any tryout process. Hate if you want but it is a Done Deal.

Guest Guest
Broadus has offerred the kid a roster spot. He will be a Binghamton University Bearcat. Basically a recruited walk on. Which means he will be on the official roster without having to compete in any tryout process. Hate if you want but it is a Done Deal.

way to waste your 4 years Matt sitting on the end of the bench.

Guest Guest
way to waste your 4 years Matt sitting on the end of the bench.

Way to get 4 years of education subsidized. That's really what this is about.

Guest Guest

He did not offer him a "spot on the roster". He is inviting him to tryout, which is the equivalent of saying, "hey, you're not good enough to get a scholorship here, but you can try out anyways"

Guest Guest

I doubt he's getting any help for BU to be a benchwarming practice athlete. And, I don't believe it anyway. I'll believe it when I see his name in next year's program.

If he really wants to "play" basketball he should go to a small state school. Maybe Cortland or O-state.

And I don't see how having a local kid being a benchawarmer makes anyone more interested in watching the bearcats, other than maybe his family, who will go to every game and pray that he sees some "scrub time". If he got some playing time I would understand.

Guest Guest
I doubt he's getting any help for BU to be a benchwarming practice athlete. And, I don't believe it anyway. I'll believe it when I see his name in next year's program.

If he really wants to "play" basketball he should go to a small state school. Maybe Cortland or O-state.

And I don't see how having a local kid being a benchawarmer makes anyone more interested in watching the bearcats, other than maybe his family, who will go to every game and pray that he sees some "scrub time". If he got some playing time I would understand.

I know Matt Mullins very well. I have known him for years and I can assure you that he is a phenomenal kid. Nice, well respected and well manored. He is in the 99th percentile of successful high school athletes in that he is a good student, and even a better human being. All of you people who clearly dont know Matt should be ashamed of yourself.

That being said, I really hope Matt does not choose to accept an "offer to tryout" at Binghamton University. If he was being offered a full-scholarship then that would be one thing. But the fact is he has a very limited chance of ever seeing a meaningful minute in a Bearcat uniform. That is just a fact.

Go to Cortland Matt. Go to Oneonta State. Go to Wilkes. Hell even go to BCC play for a few years and try to earn a scholarship. Sitting the bench at BU is not the answer to having a successful 4-year career as a student-athlete.

Guest Guest
Way to get 4 years of education subsidized. That's really what this is about.

yeah, they pay for scrub walkos school in Laladreamland, don't they.

Let's see the Letter of Intent signing, then we'll believe you

Guest Guest
yeah, they pay for scrub walkos school in Laladreamland, don't they.

Let's see the Letter of Intent signing, then we'll believe you

division I baby!

Guest Guest
division I baby!

Who cares if he goes D1 if he never plays in a game?

seriously, is that something to be excited about?

division 1 baby!!!! (gaytown)

Guest Guest
"recruited walkon"

Jumboshrimp

too funny- only in CV

"recruited walkon"

People on here talkin bout BCC like its bad Nich and Zack hav scholarships and Krowiak might get one too so Mullins might be lucky to play there.

Guest Guest
People on here talkin bout BCC like its bad Nich and Zack hav scholarships and Krowiak might get one too so Mullins might be lucky to play there.

Division I baby! top recruited walk on in the american east conference. might even play some quality minutes and take them to the schools first ever ncaa tourney next season, just like he took cv to glens falls baby. forget about bcc..fans don't even attend those types of games.

Guest Guest
Division I baby! top recruited walk on in the american east conference. might even play some quality minutes and take them to the schools first ever ncaa tourney next season, just like he took cv to glens falls baby. forget about bcc..fans don't even attend those types of games.

you do realize you look like an idiot when you say "recruited walkon", don't you?

Let's see him on the roster

Guest Guest
you do realize you look like an idiot when you say "recruited walkon", don't you?

Let's see him on the roster

actually "recruited walk on" doesnt sound stupid at all. America East teams are allowed 12 full basketball scholarships and maximum roster is 15. Therefore my Patriot League education tells me that leaves 3 available spots left. Are you telling me they dont even bother to recruit those final 3 spots? No, they are walk-ons who are recruited.

Guest Guest

I highly doubt Matt is going to BU. I have never heard him saying BU was a possibility. Didn't they offer the same thing to Winnans?

Guest Guest
actually "recruited walk on" doesnt sound stupid at all. America East teams are allowed 12 full basketball scholarships and maximum roster is 15. Therefore my Patriot League education tells me that leaves 3 available spots left. Are you telling me they dont even bother to recruit those final 3 spots? No, they are walk-ons who are recruited.

You've proven yourself to be a fool. Please stop talking.

Matt isn't going anywhere good.

Guest Guest
You've proven yourself to be a fool. Please stop talking.

Matt isn't going anywhere good.

Doherty and Cartright are both better than Mullins

Archived