mullins to where?

Guest Guest

Guest 9,996BC

actually being a 'recruited walk-on' is something that actually happens. i know this is just bcvoice so there is no way to prove anything or any reason you should believe what someone says, but I was actually called up by division 2 football coach and given a walk on opportunity. so had i taken it, wouldn't that have made me a 'recruited walk-on?'

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Old School

A whole lotta physical maturity can develop in an athlete between his late teens and early twenties. In order for Matt to play @ the D-I level, he will need to stronger, faster, and quick. The coaching staff from Davidson invited a point guard to take a spot as a walk-on four years ago, and he developed into the Player of the Year in his conference. Good Luck Matt, and give your best efforts on the court and in the classroom!!

Guest Guest
A whole lotta physical maturity can develop in an athlete between his late teens and early twenties. In order for Matt to play @ the D-I level, he will need to stronger, faster, and quick. The coaching staff from Davidson invited a point guard to take a spot as a walk-on four years ago, and he developed into the Player of the Year in his conference. Good Luck Matt, and give your best efforts on the court and in the classroom!!

HI MRS. MULLINS!!!!!

Guest Guest
HI MRS. MULLINS!!!!!

Who is that player from Davidson? Because Stephan Curry is only a sophomore. Matt isnt going to get that maturity sitting the bench.

Guest Guest
Who is that player from Davidson? Because Stephan Curry is only a sophomore. Matt isnt going to get that maturity sitting the bench.

Yo listen I playd with Matt 2night and Matt is good he way better than I thought he was. He can definitely paly at Binghamton U if he works hard. MATT COME TO BCC FOR A YEAR PLAY WIT ME LEZ DOOO THIISSSS!

Guest Guest

Facts:

- Mullins in an excellent basketball player.

- Mullins practiced with the BU team last week, and apparently played well.

- Broadus said something like "there is a spot for you on the team" if he could get into to BU (his SAT scores are high)

- Mullins has been working out more since this "tryout."

Where he goes, nobody knows - but you guys don't know the story. Anyone in the CV community knows this stuff but also knows to keep it quiet, so jerks on BCVoice who don't know what there talking about wont have something to talk about. Now go back to the Forks-Valley talk or whatever was the topic.

- Someone in the know.

Guest Guest
Yo listen I playd with Matt 2night and Matt is good he way better than I thought he was. He can definitely paly at Binghamton U if he works hard. MATT COME TO BCC FOR A YEAR PLAY WIT ME LEZ DOOO THIISSSS!

Note to Matt: This is how you talk if you attend a community college.

Guest Guest
Facts:

- Mullins in an excellent basketball player.

- Mullins practiced with the BU team last week, and apparently played well.

- Broadus said something like "there is a spot for you on the team" if he could get into to BU (his SAT scores are high)

- Mullins has been working out more since this "tryout."

Here are some more "facts" for you:

-Mullins is a "good" player, not excellent.

-It's an NCAA violation for a recruit to play with a college/university team. Either you are lying or BU is committing violations.

-You can't state a fact by saying "Broadus said something like..."

-You've made yourself look like an idiot.

Guest Guest
Here are some more "facts" for you:

-Mullins is a "good" player, not excellent.

-It's an NCAA violation for a recruit to play with a college/university team. Either you are lying or BU is committing violations.

-You can't state a fact by saying "Broadus said something like..."

-You've made yourself look like an idiot.

You need to know your NCAA violations, guys play with players in pick up games all the time, it is not a violation.

To the above poster, from what I hear Mullins' SAT's are not nearly good enough, but I mean if a mental midget like Tiki Mayben can get slipped through admissions anybody can.

Guest Guest
Note to Matt: This is how you talk if you attend a community college.

Note to guest: Not all people who attend community college talk like that, and many people who attend 4 year schools do. Im guessing you hate all blacks and gays too or are you only stereotypical on one level....

Guest Guest
Note to guest: Not all people who attend community college talk like that, and many people who attend 4 year schools do. Im guessing you hate all blacks and gays too or are you only stereotypical on one level....

enough already about Doherty and Cartwright. They are going to BCC. Don't give me this trash about saving money. They simply were not recruited at any level. Enough said!

Griffin, Johnson, Doherty, Cartwright, Garcia, Saraceno, Tift, Matt Papso, etc, etc. all juco lifers at best. does their high school coach even know one legitimate college coach that he could contact to help his players to get OUT OF BING?

Guest Guest
enough already about Doherty and Cartwright. They are going to BCC. Don't give me this trash about saving money. They simply were not recruited at any level. Enough said!

Griffin, Johnson, Doherty, Cartwright, Garcia, Saraceno, Tift, Matt Papso, etc, etc. all juco lifers at best. does their high school coach even know one legitimate college coach that he could contact to help his players to get OUT OF BING?

Now that is just the dumbest thing ive heard on here yet. Doherty and Cartright were both heavily recruited by D3 schools. So was Azim Griffin. Saraceno went to Corning CC and Tift went away to Susquehanna, Pa. where he was recruited. Get a life.

Guest Guest

Do you honestly feel like players who "arent recruited at any level" are good enough to play at BCC? Azim Griffin was if not the best, one of the best players in Section 4 last year. He was highly recruited by many division 2 and 3 schools. He decided to play at BCC and was apparently not good enough to get in the rotation. How do you explain that? Have you ever seen a BCC game? They have multiple scholarship players and maybe even a D1 player. JUCO ball is better than many D3 schools so for you to bash it like this makes you look rediculous.

@

Guest Guest
Do you honestly feel like players who "arent recruited at any level" are good enough to play at BCC? Azim Griffin was if not the best, one of the best players in Section 4 last year. He was highly recruited by many division 2 and 3 schools. He decided to play at BCC and was apparently not good enough to get in the rotation. How do you explain that? Have you ever seen a BCC game? They have multiple scholarship players and maybe even a D1 player. JUCO ball is better than many D3 schools so for you to bash it like this makes you look rediculous.

@

okay azim quit it wasnt cuz he couldnt break a startin rotation he acutally quit twice and was takin back after first time cuz they needed him they begged him to come back

bcc better than d3 is joke just stop this must be coach evans

Guest Guest
okay azim quit it wasnt cuz he couldnt break a startin rotation he acutally quit twice and was takin back after first time cuz they needed him they begged him to come back

bcc better than d3 is joke just stop this must be coach evans

Actually my name is Ron Harska and I used to be an assistant coach with the Broome program. Unlike you I am not afraid to list my name. From all information I gathered Azim Griffin quit the team because he couldnt crack the rotation period. Why would they beg him to come back if he wasnt even playing?

And when I was coaching at Broome we scrimmaged the likes of Hartwick and Keuka each and every year. Most years they did not have the talent to play with us. My second year we had 4 players sign division 2 scholarships. We also scrimmaged Keystone College and they didnt belong on the same court with us. Each and every year we had division 3 coaches recruiting our top 6-8 players.

Dont speak about something you are not familiar with when you are in conversations with somebody in the know with the program.

~ Ron

Volunteer assistant 1991-94, 96-98

Guest Guest
You need to know your NCAA violations, guys play with players in pick up games all the time, it is not a violation.

To the above poster, from what I hear Mullins' SAT's are not nearly good enough, but I mean if a mental midget like Tiki Mayben can get slipped through admissions anybody can.

If the games took place on BU campus- violation.

If Broadus was at the location off campus- also a violation

Being it's what I do for a living, I know the rules.

Transferring in will be much easier like Tiki then getting in outta HS like Matt.

I'll believe it when I see it on the roster. Otherwise, it seems like just a fabricated "he said something like" coming from Mullins supporters in reaction to people doubting his ability all year.

Sorry- just the facts

Guest Guest
If the games took place on BU campus- violation.

If Broadus was at the location off campus- also a violation

Being it's what I do for a living, I know the rules.

Transferring in will be much easier like Tiki then getting in outta HS like Matt.

I'll believe it when I see it on the roster. Otherwise, it seems like just a fabricated "he said something like" coming from Mullins supporters in reaction to people doubting his ability all year.

Sorry- just the facts

If the guys from the team are playing pick up and someone not from the team plays with them it is not a violation. Likewise if coach walks in the gym while they're playing and watches them play for a little bit its not a violation. The Keough kid played with the guys at BU last summer on campus. It really is a regular occurance at many schools. Also this goes beyond something fabricated by Mullins supporters because the Winans kid from Afton was looked at as a walk-on as well. The BU coach went to one of his games and told him he could be on the team as a walk-on. So its pretty clear that the BU coach wants a local player.

Guest Guest
If the guys from the team are playing pick up and someone not from the team plays with them it is not a violation. Likewise if coach walks in the gym while they're playing and watches them play for a little bit its not a violation. The Keough kid played with the guys at BU last summer on campus. It really is a regular occurance at many schools. Also this goes beyond something fabricated by Mullins supporters because the Winans kid from Afton was looked at as a walk-on as well. The BU coach went to one of his games and told him he could be on the team as a walk-on. So its pretty clear that the BU coach wants a local player.

It is a violation- 100% positive. you are misinformed

I'm not saying everyone doesn't do it, but it is cheating

I'll bet you $100

Guest Guest
It is a violation- 100% positive. you are misinformed

I'm not saying everyone doesn't do it, but it is cheating

I'll bet you $100

as long as broadus isnt in the gym watching, its not a violation....Matt is a nice kid leave him alone.

Guest Guest
as long as broadus isnt in the gym watching, its not a violation....Matt is a nice kid leave him alone.
Why would Mullins who considers himself a good player want to sit the bench at BU....when he can find a college to play....i would think in the long run it would hurt him not help him......if is for status only....then so be it....if it is because you have the desire to play and become better....then think long and hard....

Guest Guest

So if Broadus isn't watching him, how does he know that he's good enough to "save a roster spot for". This crap rumor seems to get shot down more and more every post.

Guest Guest
Actually my name is Ron Harska and I used to be an assistant coach with the Broome program. Unlike you I am not afraid to list my name. From all information I gathered Azim Griffin quit the team because he couldnt crack the rotation period. Why would they beg him to come back if he wasnt even playing?

And when I was coaching at Broome we scrimmaged the likes of Hartwick and Keuka each and every year. Most years they did not have the talent to play with us. My second year we had 4 players sign division 2 scholarships. We also scrimmaged Keystone College and they didnt belong on the same court with us. Each and every year we had division 3 coaches recruiting our top 6-8 players.

Dont speak about something you are not familiar with when you are in conversations with somebody in the know with the program.

~ Ron

I just lost a TON of respect for the BCC program and coaching staff after reading this post. Why would you ever respond to this stuff?

Guest Guest

Why did you lose respect for the BCC program and coaching staff after reading this post? It seems a respectful and appropriate response to me.

Guest Coach Baldwin

~ Ron

hey ronny boy those schools you mentioned are real powerhouses and keystone just recently made the jump to d3. if you think that azim couldnt break the starting rotation then you probably believe coach evans was totally inicent in his issue with the taxi driver. you havent been with the program in ten years hardly in the know. quit trying to act like your somebody jus because you were at one time an assistant at bcc. you would have more cred if you were a cyo coach.

Guest Guest
hey ronny boy those schools you mentioned are real powerhouses and keystone just recently made the jump to d3. if you think that azim couldnt break the starting rotation then you probably believe coach evans was totally inicent in his issue with the taxi driver. you havent been with the program in ten years hardly in the know. quit trying to act like your somebody jus because you were at one time an assistant at bcc. you would have more cred if you were a cyo coach.

well he was a volunteer so that pretty much sums it up lol

Archived