The Stomach Bug

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Does anybody else have this? I've had a dull headache, listless feeling and nausea. Can you do anything and how long does this thing last?

Guest Guest
Does anybody else have this? I've had a dull headache, listless feeling and nausea. Can you do anything and how long does this thing last?

I had it for 48 hrs. Plan on having some extra underwear available and lots of toilet paper!!

I blamed it on food poisoning (da*n those chinese) but then I heard it's going around.

I had it for 48 hrs. Plan on having some extra underwear available and lots of toilet paper!!

I blamed it on food poisoning (da*n those chinese) but then I heard it's going around.

yea i got it coincidently after eating steamed clams. and i thought the same thing. of course wouldn't be the first time i had a bad clam :blink::o:o:lol:

@

Guest Guest
yea i got it coincidently after eating steamed clams. and i thought the same thing. of course wouldn't be the first time i had a bad clam :blink::o:o :lol

May I ask where you ate the clams? You do not have to NAME the place. The first letter of the name will help. My mom got it really bad two days after she had clams at this place, and the rest of us didn't have clams, but had basically everything else she had.

May I ask where you ate the clams? You do not have to NAME the place. The first letter of the name will help. My mom got it really bad two days after she had clams at this place, and the rest of us didn't have clams, but had basically everything else she had.

actually got them at price chopper and cooked them myself...i am sure it wasn't the clams though...still wont eat them again for a while.

Okay, here's what I have seen with friends and family.. Sick for a few days, one really bad day with stomach related issues. Lots of fluid and rest. I don't think people whould take pills with everything. If you go with vomiting for more than 2-3 days then go for the anti-nausea pills. You-re body is trying to rid itself naturally of the illness. Stopping your body from clearing it takes longer to get better. If you have a fever over 102 for more than 2-3 days, on the two side, go to your doctor. Fluids, rest, and extra vitamins. It's a stomach bug, it goes around every year. Just a different strain of the same thing. Best thing to do is take care of yourself, est well, get rest, plebnty of fluids, and wash your darn hands!

Guest Guest
Did anyone have green poop with this? I am not trying to be gross -- I am just a bit concerned. :huh:

I had green poop for two days ran out of toilet paper too.

@

Guest Guest-country girl-*
Plan on having some extra underwear available and lots of toilet paper!!

:lol::lol: Sorry, I dont mean to be insensitive, but that is just hysterical!! :lol::lol:

just got over it myself after it tore through the house starting with the kids. in most cases it lasted between 24 and 48 hours. not pretty while you have it though.

What is it......just diarrhea or is it vomiting too? I get really freaked out about stomach bugs, if I get one, I am a HUGE baby. I just got over the respiratory flu and now I have had a headache all day today as well as body aches, now I am paranoid. How old are your kids? I feel so sorry for little kids when they get sick.

Did anyone have green poop with this? I am not trying to be gross -- I am just a bit concerned. :huh:

:lol::lol: Oh boy, I really hope this is not what I am getting.

Guest Guest

There is some nasty stuff going around. I am seeing alot of the "runs" with vomiting. Lots of headaches, bodyaches and just plain feeling lousy. It is true about BU. The Health Dept is involved. Just rest and get plenty of fluids. Thats is about all you can do. The flu is coming on strong too, and much later this season than predicted. Wash, wash wash your hands.

Guest guest three one one
There is some nasty stuff going around. I am seeing alot of the "runs" with vomiting. Lots of headaches, bodyaches and just plain feeling lousy. It is true about BU. The Health Dept is involved. Just rest and get plenty of fluids. Thats is about all you can do. The flu is coming on strong too, and much later this season than predicted. Wash, wash wash your hands.

Where people live close together, this stomach bug has been intense. In assisted living centers the poor residents are confined to their rooms for days. Their meals are brought in and no one can visit. This has been the situation at Saint Louise Manor on Upper Front Street. This is a very good facility, but an illness like this spreads so quickly. The healthy residents are complaining they can't get out to play BINGO, but the ones who have the bug are really inconvenienced.

Guest Guest
just got over it myself after it tore through the house starting with the kids. in most cases it lasted between 24 and 48 hours. not pretty while you have it though.

The first day I was able to control the bowel action but the 2nd day I had a couple of

"surprises" hence the extra underwear and plenty of toilet paper. God help you if your at work

when the "surprises" happen.

Guest Guest
The first day I was able to control the bowel action but the 2nd day I had a couple of

"surprises" hence the extra underwear and plenty of toilet paper. God help you if your at work

when the "surprises" happen.

--- or driving ---

I think I have it now. I started feeling crappy yesterday, ended up with a terrible, terrible headache last night, couldn't see straight. Couldn't sleep last night because I felt so bad, running a low grade fever, this morning I was throwing up with the runs, still feeling very nauseosus. Body aches like I've been beat up.

I'm last in line in the family. Kids had it previously, husband had it last weekend, now me. Wish I was in bed right now.

I think I have it now. I started feeling crappy yesterday, ended up with a terrible, terrible headache last night, couldn't see straight. Couldn't sleep last night because I felt so bad, running a low grade fever, this morning I was throwing up with the runs, still feeling very nauseosus. Body aches like I've been beat up.

I'm last in line in the family. Kids had it previously, husband had it last weekend, now me. Wish I was in bed right now.

Had the same thing last thursday and friday. Thought I was coming down with the flu. Really greatful it wasn't, but it still sucked.

Hope you feel better soon.

@

Archived