WSNA's wins new battle

Guest Westsider

Guest Westsider

WSNA has done it again and this time they plow under all illegal student housing. The West Side Neighborhood Association has taken up the battle again. They successfully defeated a property owner on Lincoln Ave. who rented to 6 students in a one family house. The landlord appeared before the Zoning Board on Wed. night and lost his case. The Z.B. said the kids were not related therefore they were not considered a functional family and out they will go!! YeSSS!

It is now time for all landlords who rent to students in Binghamton to beware. No matter what neighborhood you're in -- your days are numbered. If you've got more than 2 unrelated students living in a one family house they will soon be out. We're sick of the noise, the parties, and the loss of parking spaces. We will win over the greedy landlords.

Guest Property Rights

Without the students in Binghamton you have nothing. Zero. Nada. If a landlord is not keeping up with his house then it's up to CODE to take the landlord down. If the house meets the safety and health, and space requirements what is the problem? There are many good, hard working property owners in the city. The city should appreciate the good ones and go after the slum lords. But no, the West Side Nazis are not satisfied with that. I do believe that only small groups should be allowed in R1 but the Nazis are after the whole city. Will the WSNA also go after other unrelated groups of tenants too or is this strictly descrimination against the students?

Do you realize how many unrelated people rent together in the city of Binghamton? There are many groups of young people who are not BU students who room together. Some of which are high school age and have left their unstable homes because of drug-alcohol related problems that their parents have. There are also poor people who band together with others in their same situation. They rent a place together as its the only way they can have a decent place to reside in. The city officials had better be careful of the laws they want to enforce as they could be hurting many others besides those who are students at BU. And to make another point - I think most of the students are wonderful neighbors.

Do you realize how many unrelated people rent together in the city of Binghamton? There are many groups of young people who are not BU students who room together. Some of which are high school age and have left their unstable homes because of drug-alcohol related problems that their parents have. There are also poor people who band together with others in their same situation. They rent a place together as its the only way they can have a decent place to reside in. The city officials had better be careful of the laws they want to enforce as they could be hurting many others besides those who are students at BU. And to make another point - I think most of the students are wonderful neighbors.

I live next to and all around students, these Bone Headed Book Smart-Sheet Stupid Professors are a Joke. "Westside" could be Amy Sharipo the Lawyer from HH&K leader of the West Side Neighborhood Nazi's Asso. OK so the kids have some fun and party once in a while. Did any members of the WSNA as kids have fun? Must have had dull lives just look at Amy Sharipo dull as they come!

She also is the lier of lier's and will stop at nothing to challenge the deicent Landlords, she doesn't care. Good or bad she will stop at nothing.

I hate to bust her ego, if landlords banded together with students starting a Class Action Suit challenging the City and her band (WSNA) of good for nothing senseless idiots in Federal Surpreme Court the Landlords would WIN!!!!!!

Some of these students parents are lawyers and love a challenge and NATIONAL ATTENTION!

I investigated this so-called problem with these students myself founding it has been blown completly out of proportion by the next door Proffessors and the WSNA Nazi group.

I also have heard these kids were good kids and did nothing to cause problems for these next door morons!

I live next to and all around students, these Bone Headed Book Smart-Sheet Stupid Professors are a Joke. "Westside" could be Amy Sharipo the Lawyer from HH&K leader of the West Side Neighborhood Nazi's Asso. OK so the kids have some fun and party once in a while. Did any members of the WSNA as kids have fun? Must have had dull lives just look at Amy Sharipo dull as they come!

She also is the lier of lier's and will stop at nothing to challenge the deicent Landlords, she doesn't care. Good or bad she will stop at nothing.

I hate to bust her ego, if landlords banded together with students starting a Class Action Suit challenging the City and her band (WSNA) of good for nothing senseless idiots in Federal Surpreme Court the Landlords would WIN!!!!!!

Some of these students parents are lawyers and love a challenge and NATIONAL ATTENTION!

I investigated this so-called problem with these students myself founding it has been blown completly out of proportion by the next door Proffessors and the WSNA Nazi group.

I also have heard these kids were good kids and did nothing to cause problems for these next door morons!

The Civil Liberties Law Depertment group should be on this! If they challenge this dumb City Law it could be found un-consititional in Federal Court!

So you think that you are better than me! i live on t he west side too and pay taxes on two properties yet i put up with homes being converted into student housing on seminary ave. What makes you better than me on lincoln ave? the home over there arent all single family. What the WSNA is doing is unconstatutional . Anyone who owns preperty should be able to do whatever they want with it as long as its kept up,clean and the taxes are paid.

Ill bet you voted for bush and will Obamma too! Its people like you that give Binghamton a black eye its no wonder we dont get the respect of all the students. lincoln ave isnt a pristene street it has plenty of flaws and you are one of them.

If i owned that house i would find the biggest scumbag around to sell it to at a loss, hell i would sell it to the COPP FAMILY for a dollar then you could really cry!

If i can live with the students on seminary ave then theres no reason you cant either. Your a disgrace to the human race.

I live on the West Side and have no problem with students and student landlords UNLESS:

1) Students are not courteous (noisy, filthy, etc.).

2) Landlords don't take care of their buildings or tenants. They don't address problems brought up to them by neighbors.

BTW - I am a landlord myself. I don't own the rental in Binghamton. I don't have any students in my building now but have had some graduate students there in the past. There have been NO PROBLEMS with the tenants or neighbors.

I'm sure that it is possible to have worse neighbors than students.

TWS

Guest Property Rights

The archaic law in Binghamton that mandates - no more than 2 unrelated people can live together - must be abolished. Does anyone realize the damage this law can cause to decent people living together who are not related?

Are we Binhamtonians willing to let a totalitarian group of snobs (wsna) run the city? Talk about the loss of privacy, this group is into coming onto peoples porches and reading the names on their mailbox to see how many people live in the house. They sneak around taking the license plates and registration info on the cars and have them checked to see where the car is registered. They use the internet to investigate the tenants. Don't these snobs have better things to do in their lives? I wish they'd put this kind of action into cleaning up the real scum of the city.

And what a slap in the face to the students who actively worked to put Ryan into office on his claim that he was for the students.

Guest Resident

My street has many nice BU kids that live in all sizes of houses. Why should they take the hit for the students that are irresponsible and act rowdy? The police should do their job and arrest the partyers and underage drinkers who cause the noise. Let some of their parents get calls that their precious kids have been arrested and you'll see how fast the problem would stop. I support all responsible property owners who rent to BU students because they keep up their houses which is something unusual in most neighborhoods. Most students dont want to live in dumps. The slum lord types should be hit hard by code. And the WSNA people should be banned to Vestal.

:angry: THOSE NAZIS WILL GET WHAT THEY DESERVE WHEN....

the landloards can't rent to BU kids anymore, so they convert the houses to Section 8 status and rent to welfare cases and drug addicts. Then the Nazis will BEG for the BU students to come back.

The Uni is the only good thing going for this area. It's only going to grow bigger. Why not embrace it? Where are the kids supposed to live? If you want a nationally known Uni, you'd better have a community that embraces it!

WSNA has done it again and this time they plow under all illegal student housing. The West Side Neighborhood Association has taken up the battle again. They successfully defeated a property owner on Lincoln Ave. who rented to 6 students in a one family house. The landlord appeared before the Zoning Board on Wed. night and lost his case. The Z.B. said the kids were not related therefore they were not considered a functional family and out they will go!! YeSSS!

It is now time for all landlords who rent to students in Binghamton to beware. No matter what neighborhood you're in -- your days are numbered. If you've got more than 2 unrelated students living in a one family house they will soon be out. We're sick of the noise, the parties, and the loss of parking spaces. We will win over the greedy landlords.

Your "success" was pure symbology.

Those six students will stay until their lease ends in May, the bogus criminal charge brought against the landlord was dismissed in December, and it was established on the record at the ZBA hearing by the testimony of the city's head of Buildings and Construction that this law has NEVER been enforced against anyone but students.

So you think that you are better than me! i live on t he west side too and pay taxes on two properties yet i put up with homes being converted into student housing on seminary ave. What makes you better than me on lincoln ave? the home over there arent all single family. What the WSNA is doing is unconstatutional . Anyone who owns preperty should be able to do whatever they want with it as long as its kept up,clean and the taxes are paid.

Ill bet you voted for bush and will Obamma too! Its people like you that give Binghamton a black eye its no wonder we dont get the respect of all the students. lincoln ave isnt a pristene street it has plenty of flaws and you are one of them.

If i owned that house i would find the biggest scumbag around to sell it to at a loss, hell i would sell it to the COPP FAMILY for a dollar then you could really cry!

If i can live with the students on seminary ave then theres no reason you cant either. Your a disgrace to the human race.

Better yet sell it to Afifi ( thats most likely misspelled) sell it to him so he can hang one of those STUPID signs that say "Another drug free appartment" Just think the parole officers can visit their perv clients in a nicer neighborhood.

Guest In The Know

Ex city council man and present Broome county legislator Joe SanFilippo is once again putting pressure on city council members to pass his old zoning legislation that would in fact kill off student housing in the city. The danger of this legislation was so obvious the old council voted against it. But with the present group of ultra liberals it could stand a very good chance of passing.

So we'll see all the good property owners lumped together with the scumlords and be punished equally. Who the hell is going to rent these houses if not for the students? Only section 8 people. Is that what WSNA wants?

And once again you see Attny. Amy Shapiro involved with the litigation against the students. This smacks with conflict of interest. She works for the law firm of Hinman, Howard and Kattel whose attorneys are hired for real estate closings, wills and others business transactions by many of our local landlords. In fact, the night of the Zoning Bd. of Appeals meeting she gave out her business cards to the evicted students in case they want to sue their landlord!!! How's that for drumming up business for HH&K? A real sharlock she is.

Ex city council man and present Broome county legislator Joe SanFilippo is once again putting pressure on city council members to pass his old zoning legislation that would in fact kill off student housing in the city. The danger of this legislation was so obvious the old council voted against it. But with the present group of ultra liberals it could stand a very good chance of passing.

So we'll see all the good property owners lumped together with the scumlords and be punished equally. Who the hell is going to rent these houses if not for the students? Only section 8 people. Is that what WSNA wants?

And once again you see Attny. Amy Shapiro involved with the litigation against the students. This smacks with conflict of interest. She works for the law firm of Hinman, Howard and Kattel whose attorneys are hired for real estate closings, wills and others business transactions by many of our local landlords. In fact, the night of the Zoning Bd. of Appeals meeting she gave out her business cards to the evicted students in case they want to sue their landlord!!! How's that for drumming up business for HH&K? A real sharlock she is.

Don't worry, those students know exactly who she is, and won't be calling her for any reason.

Guest mom n apple pie

How does Shapiro get away with this? Isn't this blatant conflict of interest? And how low can you go - getting students evicted and then soliciting them for their business to sue their landlord?? Is this how HH&K law firm does business? I wonder if they know that Shapiro is pulling this?

How does Shapiro get away with this? Isn't this blatant conflict of interest? And how low can you go - getting students evicted and then soliciting them for their business to sue their landlord?? Is this how HH&K law firm does business? I wonder if they know that Shapiro is pulling this?

What does it tell you about the people in this city, when across the country there are universities that are WELCOMED additions to the community? This place IS the Twilight Zone. Many people here actually believe that it's still 1958, and most others hope it will return to 1958. That is the main reason for the decay of this area. Other places have changed and adapted. This area is the lost world.

Archived