Problems with Roadrunner & Vista

Guest Whacked

Guest Whacked

I have roadrunner and I have a Dell computer with Vista. I'm using Computer Associates AntiVirus and Santi spyware. Lately it seems like the firewall and antivirus make the computer run slower and slower. Has anyone had a similar problem with this? I'm ready to uninstall the stuff from CA and try something else.

Guest it's hp for me!

i have an hp with vista and mircosoft live one care and have had no problems....

however, when i used to own a dell, there were always problems...

Guest Guest

I have 2 Dell's and both are running Vista. I don't have a single problem. But then to, as soon as the Dell's arrived I took and formatted the drive and reinstalled JUST VISTA AND NONE OF THE OTHER CRAP THAT COMES WITH THE SYSTEM.

Never had a problem so far, 5 months and going.

@

Vista still has a few problems, Microsoft hasn't got all the kinks out yet.

Alot of people are having trouble with Vista. You should wait till everything is working right before purchasing anything with Vista.

Guest Guest
The government helped microsoft make Vista. It could be something that they added that monitors your computer.

I doubt it very much. Besides all you have to do if really worried is to turn of several things. Auto Updates, turn it off! - Messenger, turn it off! - There are also a lot of programs that run in the back ground that are memory hogs and those programs can also make your system run slow if they are running in the back ground.

The government already is spying on people, thanks to TWC. They monitor the usage and places visited by using the IP. Best to always use a proxy...

Guest Guest

VISTA WILL BE THE DOWNFALL OF OUR SOCIETY! microsoft screwed th pooch on this latest version.......it is crap. I will no longer support windows.......hello MAC!

@

Guest vista

I had the same problem with my new dell running vista...had to uninstall all Computer Associates software. My internet would completely stop working. Switched to McAfee and everything is fine.

Guest Guest
VISTA WILL BE THE DOWNFALL OF OUR SOCIETY! microsoft screwed th pooch on this latest version.......it is crap. I will no longer support windows.......hello MAC!

@

I was going to buy a Mac for my second computer, but they were a bit too expensive.

I got a PC but insisted it NOT be loaded with Vista.

Guest Informer

I'm running Trend on a brand new Dell laptop with Vista. I have not had any trouble with my Roadrunner. But my older XP unit that I CA on runs rather slow.

Guest whacked
I had the same problem with my new dell running vista...had to uninstall all Computer Associates software. My internet would completely stop working. Switched to McAfee and everything is fine.

Thanks, I'm going to try doing that next.

Guest Guest

I bought a brand new HP at a rep. store for Xmas Vista. It kept crashing. I called the store since this happened the third day out of the box and several times, they gave me number for tech support for HP. HP talks me through all these steps not being a computer wiz the tech gets me to this screen that has about 12 dates dating back to 2006. I was so mad I said “I know you’re just tech support but can you please tell me why I have Microsoft student office on my computer in July of 2006 when I purchased it brand new from 2 reputable companies HP and ** in December 2007, you know what someone better call me back” So three days later a supervisor called me. She said the computer parts are recycled, BET THAT MAKES YOU FEEL SAFE, YOUR OLD HARD DRIVES THEY TELL YOU THEY DRILL HOLES IN ARE IN OTHER COMPUTERS. AND SHARED WITH DELL COMPAC ACER. SOLD IN LOTS. YOU CAN‘T EVEN BUY YOUR OLD ONE BACK FROM THE STORE!!!. She said I need to return it to the store and have them do diagnostics to see what the problem was. Some times when the machines that put our computers together, put them together so fast that they miss a file and the vista program might not be working properly. Just needs to be reinstalled for $149.00 with a warranty. Turns out 2 out of 10 new computers are bad, that’s what the tech told me after that didn’t work and they had to put a new hard drive in. For the first 3 months I owned my computer they had it longer than I did. Told me to make recovery disks on a bad computer. I had to ask them to order them from the company since they went ahead and made them on a bad computer anyway this is a process that can only be done once. I am knocking on wood right now but I haven’t had any problems since then.

@

Thanks, I'm going to try doing that next.

Don't....let me repeat that....DON'T get McAfee, it is the biggest system hog on the market....aside from vista its self that is. Just go with AVG free (or Avast Antivirus) for your antivirus, and adaware and spybot for your spyware defense. All are free and work very good.

McAfee it by far and away the slowest and most "system hungry" software out there today. Serously do some research on the subject before you spend 40 to 60 dollars on a program that sucks and you have to "subscribe" to their service every year just for updates (give them more money basically)!

@

Guest Guest
Don't....let me repeat that....DON'T get McAfee, it is the biggest system hog on the market....aside from vista its self that is. Just go with AVG free (or Avast Antivirus) for your antivirus, and adaware and spybot for your spyware defense. All are free and work very good.

McAfee it by far and away the slowest and most "system hungry" software out there today. Serously do some research on the subject before you spend 40 to 60 dollars on a program that sucks and you have to "subscribe" to their service every year just for updates (give them more money basically)!

@

What ever you say Dave !

Guest Guest
I have roadrunner and I have a Dell computer with Vista. I'm using Computer Associates AntiVirus and Santi spyware. Lately it seems like the firewall and antivirus make the computer run slower and slower. Has anyone had a similar problem with this? I'm ready to uninstall the stuff from CA and try something else.

Well for starters.. Dell sucks, Vista sucks, and CA sucks. Roadrunner has nothing to do with it LOL.

I had the problem and found no alternative but to uninstall CA. I run Norton and it seems to run well.

Guest hi there
I had the problem and found no alternative but to uninstall CA. I run Norton and it seems to run well.

i switched to DSL... it is just as fast and the modem never needs to be rebooted. i like it better and its cheaper.

Guest Guest
In regards to the TWC comment:

They are watching....... there are small cameras installed in the DVR boxes. They can look anytime they want and will allow the police to access also. I read this on the internet so it must be for real,,

So you believe everything you read on the internet. Must be some kind of life you live. I bet you even have foil wrapped around your whole body .....

CA is great, dont use the firewall. If your running XP or Vista... use the microsoft firewall provided with the OPS .. dont forget to upgrade ( use MS auto downloader ) Even when you turn off the MS firewall and use another ,, its constantly trying to detect it as an intruder and slows your system down ..

So you believe everything you read on the internet. Must be some kind of life you live. I bet you even have foil wrapped around your whole body .....

Yes, and you should to. They are everywhere, and they want our info. stay in the basement until i call you. Hey look over there.

Guest Guest

not too long ago someone from BCVoice told me about a site that offers free downloads I downloaded AFG which is an anti virus pkg I also had the CA that is part of the Vista operating system I wiped that from my computer and am only using AFG I have not had a problem since. I ran a scan every night

Archived