Press at it again/students

Guest Mac

50 or so little brats making noise for the Press to cover..

So they want to be brought into meetings about important aspects of and for how the school operates.

Since when they have to consulted? Since when are they owed anything but an education? Guns on campus,size of dorms, does this interfere with their studies?

And big whoop a few immature nothings get the press to cover this and take up space in and empty paper, well that I can understand.

Let's see next they can rally for the Olympics that ought bring about 25 or so to bring the press reporters racing to the campus or Courts St. or Vestal Prkwy.

Do they have any idea how sick and tired we are with their antics?

CHILDREN PLAYING HOUSE!

I know - wah, wah, wah - I don't get what I want with my paid-for education, so I'm gonna protest. I am a staunch advocate for free speech, but this BU protest stuff is just whining. Wasn't that Andrew Epstein in the other protest too? Someday they will grow up, join the real world and hopefully smack themselves in the head for being so stupid.

Or grow up to engage in healthy, mature issue debates on bcvoice.

Cut them a break! Who's the bigger whiner? Them or you?

I'm not whining here, genius, I'm stating facts. I was like them in college, but then a strange thing happened... I grew up and entered the real world. They are idealists, I will give them that. However, they are young and ill-informed college kids who rightfully have NO say in policy.

I read that. But I was wondering what you mean by students wanting to be apart of meetings. Meetings about what and you mean at BU?

Scroll up and read the WHOLE thing. Or go get the paper and read in the first section, page 3. Glad you took Wrap's advice and got a new sig. Nooch.

Guest Guest
I'm not whining here, genius, I'm stating facts. I was like them in college, but then a strange thing happened... I grew up and entered the real world. They are idealists, I will give them that. However, they are young and ill-informed college kids who rightfully have NO say in policy.

Hate to break it to you, but when you associate the term college to an individual, they are not college kids. They are college students (adults). Once you're in college, you're not a kid anymore. Just thought I would end the confusion with kids in college vs. adults.

Guest jimmy jones

you must be a "BU student". HA HA HA

Guest skipp
Hate to break it to you, but when you associate the term college to an individual, they are not college kids. They are college students (adults). Once you're in college, you're not a kid anymore. Just thought I would end the confusion with kids in college vs. adults.

O.K..... Smoke some more crack

Guest Guest
50 or so little brats making noise for the Press to cover..

So they want to be brought into meetings about important aspects of and for how the school operates.

Since when they have to consulted? Since when are they owed anything but an education? Guns on campus,size of dorms, does this interfere with their studies?

And big whoop a few immature nothings get the press to cover this and take up space in and empty paper, well that I can understand.

Let's see next they can rally for the Olympics that ought bring about 25 or so to bring the press reporters racing to the campus or Courts St. or Vestal Prkwy.

Do they have any idea how sick and tired we are with their antics?

CHILDREN PLAYING HOUSE!

Hmmmmm.....let me see................

A higher education costs money. People pay money for services and products. People in a free enterprise system are allowed to CHOOSE what they pay for. Part of that choice is choosing how the service or product is rendered.

They shouldn't be consulted when they're spending tens and tens of thousands of dollars for school? Guns on campus and the size of the rooms don't affect them directly?

It's painfully obvious that you never got into college, nor did you ever learn any common sense.

You're doubly screwed.

Guest Guest cloudy day

Let's look a bit into the future. These students are taking an interest in their issues and community issues. Good for them becuase they will be the ones who eventually will be running our country when we are old.

@

Guest Guest

OH really!!!!!!!

You paying taxes Mr adult???

You paying for that grant you have to get your arse to a high paying job when your done with college Mr adult ???

You supporting your community with those property taxes you pay yet Mr adult????

Yea I thought not so come back and talk to me when you start doing the things that separate the boys from the men child!!!!

Guest Guest
Let's look a bit into the future. These students are taking an interest in their issues and community issues. Good for them becuase they will be the ones who eventually will be running our country when we are old.

@

GOD HELP US!!!!!!!

If I refer to a college student as a kid, then so be it. When I think of an adult getting an education at college, I don't think "kid." So you're not really "breaking it to me." And there was no confusion on the topic in the first place.

Guest Guest
OH really!!!!!!!

You paying taxes Mr adult???

You paying for that grant you have to get your arse to a high paying job when your done with college Mr adult ???

You supporting your community with those property taxes you pay yet Mr adult????

Yea I thought not so come back and talk to me when you start doing the things that separate the boys from the men child!!!!

Just the response I'd expect out of someone who couldn't handle college. You probably still refer to BCC as Front Street High, even though you probably dropped out from there. Have fun working at the Giant. Almost forgot, you might want to fix that hole in the ceiling of your trailer, it's going to rain pretty heavily tonight. Good Bye!

Guest Guest
If I refer to a college student as a kid, then so be it. When I think of an adult getting an education at college, I don't think "kid." So you're not really "breaking it to me." And there was no confusion on the topic in the first place.

The next time a 16 year old kid mouths off at you fight him and kick his DELETED. You will be the only one that has charges pressed on you. Now go and try to do that to someone in college, both of your DELETED will be thrown into jail. This is what I mean by you're not a kid anymore. Not trying to start an argument, just trying to state things on my mind. Besides, most of the adults act like DELETED kids especially the ones on this board!

Guest Guest
Just the response I'd expect out of someone who couldn't handle college. You probably still refer to BCC as Front Street High, even though you probably dropped out from there. Have fun working at the Giant. Almost forgot, you might want to fix that hole in the ceiling of your trailer, it's going to rain pretty heavily tonight. Good Bye!

Hey nose wipe you couldn't be farther from right if you tried. I own my own business employee 5 men gross 450,00 a year and you still don't pay any taxes you mommas boy.

@

Guest Hey Drug Dealer!
Hey nose wipe you couldn't be farther from right if you tried. I own my own business employee 5 men gross 450,00 a year and you still don't pay any taxes you mommas boy.

@

450,00 huh, hope you don't make those kind of typos at your business. Otherwise you'd be screwed :blink: I've narrowed it down. You got your own business, make much money, don't have an overwhelming amount of people working for you and you're very defensive. I have a few questions for you, is your corner busy? and is your main consumer Matt Ryan?

Guest Guest

Do police departments across the U.S. ask their citizens what tools the cops should be equipped with? Do citizens get to have a say if your police force is equipped with guns and/or tasers? Of course not.

Just because you are a student doesn’t give you the right to have a say in every decision that is made on campus. Should you be involved in some decisions - yes. Should you have any say in police operations - no.

I encourage you to voice your opinion. I also encourage the administration to continue to ignore your opinion and do what is best for the university as a whole. Just because you don’t agree with them, doesn’t mean they aren’t doing what is best in the larger sense of things.

Archived