Press at it again/students

Guest Mac

Guest College Student not at BU
Do police departments across the U.S. ask their citizens what tools the cops should be equipped with? Do citizens get to have a say if your police force is equipped with guns and/or tasers? Of course not.

Just because you are a student doesn’t give you the right to have a say in every decision that is made on campus. Should you be involved in some decisions - yes. Should you have any say in police operations - no.

I encourage you to voice your opinion. I also encourage the administration to continue to ignore your opinion and do what is best for the university as a whole. Just because you don’t agree with them, doesn’t mean they aren’t doing what is best in the larger sense of things.

OK everyone took my original statement and blew it way out of proportion. My overall opinion on the BU crisis is the students need to shut up. All I was trying to imply was college students are adults, not children. That's all! As for protesting in general, I feel it's stupid and will accomplish next to nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The next time a 16 year old kid mouths off at you fight him and kick his DELETED. You will be the only one that has charges pressed on you. Now go and try to do that to someone in college, both of your DELETED will be thrown into jail. This is what I mean by you're not a kid anymore. Not trying to start an argument, just trying to state things on my mind. Besides, most of the adults act like DELETED kids especially the ones on this board!

Not trying to argue either, but what's your point? Is it the semantics of kid v. adult? Is it the BU protesters? What is it?

Guest Protesters are dumb!
Not trying to argue either, but what's your point? Is it the semantics of kid v. adult? Is it the BU protesters? What is it?

Has nothing to do with the BU protestors. In all honesty I think they're idiots. It's just the kid Vs. adult issue. As far as I'm concerned when you get out of high school you are no longer referred to as a kid because basically anything goes. Laws are more strict and immaturity should be thrown out the window(key words "should be"). Just an opinion thats all.

Guest Guest
Has nothing to do with the BU protestors. In all honesty I think they're idiots. It's just the kid Vs. adult issue. As far as I'm concerned when you get out of high school you are no longer referred to as a kid because basically anything goes. Laws are more strict and immaturity should be thrown out the window(key words "should be"). Just an opinion thats all.

great I can't spell :angry:

The topic of the OP is the BU protesters and the PSB article. It's now been hijacked because you don't like anyone after graduating high school being referred to as a kid. Do I have it right so far? I'm in my mid 30s and I still refer to myself as a kid. Just because you graduate high school doesn't mean you are instantly infused with any maturity. When I was in college, I was a stupid kid who did stupid things. Now I'm more of a grown-up kid and I still do stupid things. Age does not equal maturity, experience may but age does not.

@

Archived