number 5

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

went to number 5 last night and the food was great as always but a table in the corner on the first floor had a group of people who just weren't dressed appropriately.....jeans, t-shirt and the one guy was actually wearring a nascar hat, while he was eating. on the way out overheard them asking for directions to the arena.......why would go out of the house with crappy jeans dirty shirt and a nascar hat. understandable if your on the farm but leave the hat at home and clean yourself up.

Guest Guest
went to number 5 last night and the food was great as always but a table in the corner on the first floor had a group of people who just weren't dressed appropriately.....jeans, t-shirt and the one guy was actually wearring a nascar hat, while he was eating. on the way out overheard them asking for directions to the arena.......why would go out of the house with crappy jeans dirty shirt and a nascar hat. understandable if your on the farm but leave the hat at home and clean yourself up.

better question....why do you care?

Guest Guest
I agree but most likely this thread was stared by a troll.

People that go to a 'nice' restaurant dressed like slobs are exactly that, slobs. Not many people take pride in the way they look anymore. You want to look like a derelict go to McDonalds.

Guest Guest

What those comments about NASCAR caps, you'll get banned....!

Guest Guest
People that go to a 'nice' restaurant dressed like slobs are exactly that, slobs. Not many people take pride in the way they look anymore. You want to look like a derelict go to McDonalds.

again with judgement. i don't understand why it bothers you so much. you've obviously got the idea of what perfect people do all straightened out in your head...so just go with it. Continue on with your own world, but do us a favor...keep it to the confines of where it stared..in your head.

ignore all of the unslightly other human beings that are lower than your standards. they don't really exist in your world anyway, OR could it be that those very people are necesarily created so that you can continue your facade of superiority?

Guest Guest
again with judgement. i don't understand why it bothers you so much. you've obviously got the idea of what perfect people do all straightened out in your head...so just go with it. Continue on with your own world, but do us a favor...keep it to the confines of where it stared..in your head.

ignore all of the unslightly other human beings that are lower than your standards. they don't really exist in your world anyway, OR could it be that those very people are necesarily created so that you can continue your facade of superiority?

Where in my post did it say that I felt superior? I just like going going to nice restaurants without having to smell animal crap on the boots of those setting next to me. I will say that I am probably superior to you.

Guest Guest

And perhaps the nascar hatted man was making a judgement by dressing as a slob to state that all nicely dressed people are snooty. We judge, that's what humans do. There are social rules and there are laws set up to make life supposedly run more smoothly. I'm sure if you were looking at a picture of a fat woman and one out of a Playboy and had to pick who to sleep with, well you'd be making a judgement too.

Guest Guest
Where in my post did it say that I felt superior? I just like going going to nice restaurants without having to smell animal crap on the boots of those setting next to me. I will say that I am probably superior to you.

:rolleyes: your original post said nothing about the "smell of animal crap". you merely pointed out how they were dressed in jeans and t-shirts and (GASP) a NASCAR hat! That, my pokey adversary implies that you are a better person for what you are wearing....they (in your mind) are less refined, less cultured, less acceptable because of their attire....

Also, it comes as little shock that you would assume that you are superior to me, seems like a bad habit that you have there.

Guest Guest
And perhaps the nascar hatted man was making a judgement by dressing as a slob to state that all nicely dressed people are snooty. We judge, that's what humans do. There are social rules and there are laws set up to make life supposedly run more smoothly. I'm sure if you were looking at a picture of a fat woman and one out of a Playboy and had to pick who to sleep with, well you'd be making a judgement too.

As I stated before, most people as well as myself who like to go to nice restaurants are all, more than likely, better than you and your kind.

Guest Guest
As I stated before, most people as well as myself who like to go to nice restaurants are all, more than likely, better than you and your kind.

SNOB

Guest Mr.Belvedere
SNOB

First of all..Number 5 is a JOKE. Over priced crap that they buy from Behlogs..nothing imported, nothing special there..and I'd rather smell cowsh*t on someone's boots than the rank perfume of all the old divorcees that are looking for love in all the wrong places. Let's face it girls..you can soak yourself in that Jean Nate from 1970, but it doesn't cover the scent of a bitter woman who's ex left them for a younger more stylish version of themselves. If Number 5 needs a dress code, then I need another hole in my head. As a matter of fact, did McCoy ever pay those taxes back to the city that he owed?? NO??? Then I say the city should take over Number 5 and make it into yet another Southbridge Sports bar.

Guest Guest

Would a PGA cap, been alright?

Guest Guest

The crowd at #5 are snooty.

My question to the OP is what difference does it make what he was wearing? Two things you posted make it obvious he is not from this area. First he asked for directions to the Arena and second,he didnt know better than to go to #5. Businesses in this area cannot survive by regulars only. Thank God people actually want to come here. I guess people who are dressed nicely shouldnt go to a fast food restaurant either? As long as the guy paid for his dinner he had as much right to be there as you did. Youre the one who didnt like it you could have always gone somewhere else.

Guest Guest
First of all..Number 5 is a JOKE. Over priced crap that they buy from Behlogs..nothing imported, nothing special there..and I'd rather smell cowsh*t on someone's boots than the rank perfume of all the old divorcees that are looking for love in all the wrong places. Let's face it girls..you can soak yourself in that Jean Nate from 1970, but it doesn't cover the scent of a bitter woman who's ex left them for a younger more stylish version of themselves. If Number 5 needs a dress code, then I need another hole in my head. As a matter of fact, did McCoy ever pay those taxes back to the city that he owed?? NO??? Then I say the city should take over Number 5 and make it into yet another Southbridge Sports bar.

It's a good thing you're not bitter.

Guest Guest

ATTITUDES SUCH AS YOURS IS WHY PEOPLE FEEL IT ACCEPTABLE TO HAVE JUNK CARS IN THERE FRONT YARDS AND GARBAGE AROUND THIER YARD AND HOUSE. TEACH YOUR KIDS PROPER BEHAVIOR AND THE REST OF US WONT MAKE FUN OF HIS DIRTY REDNECK ASS. AND CLEAN UP YOUR YARD LOSER!

Guest Guest

I know a heavy guy from New Jersey who wears blue ieans, t-shirts, and baseball caps all the time. He also is a multi-millionaire!

Guest Guest

I HAVE A FELLING THOSE WERE HIS DRESS CLOTHES!

Guest Guest
I know a heavy guy from New Jersey who wears blue ieans, t-shirts, and baseball caps all the time. He also is a multi-millionaire!

He may be a millionaire but if he goes to a nice restaurant dressed like that he has no class. Being rich does not necessarily mean you have social skills.

@

Guest Guest

Was their money green?

Ive been there plenty of times and dressed appopiately but why does it matter how they dress? they pay the same overpriced bill as i do.

matter of fact the place has gone downhill. McCoy hasent put a nickel in since it opened and i wont go there again to be freezed out eating my dinner. had to put my coat back on it was so damn cold! brick walls arent very warm in the winter and the heating system is inadiquit at best. The server got my order wrong and didnt correct it. The last time for me, there are plenty of good resturaunts to spend my money and i wont get frozen!

Guest guest five four

If you don't want to put on your best bib and tucker, why go to Number 5? We don't have too many restaurants around here that warrant a dress code. If you don't know how to dress properly, maybe you should not go there. It's not about being a slob. It's not about being superior to anyone. It just shows good manners. And a cap, any kind, should be removed when coming inside. Just because you CAN wear anything you want, doesn't mean you should.

Guest Guest

Maybe they are offended because....#1 it's rude to wear a hat while eating, and #2 when you do to an establishment like the Number 5 you should expect a certain kind of atmosphere. You know it is an "upscale" restaurant and should expect that others around you know that as well. If I wanted to dine with jeans and NASCAR hats I would go to Old County Buffet! Others do affect your experience by their dress, attitude, etc. If I take the time to get cleaned up and dress appropriately, why should I expect others to be able to. That is why the world provides different establishments. Some are casual and some are more formal. It's socially ignorant not to know the difference.

Guest Guest

I agree with the baseball hat, but I've been to some very expensive restaurants in NYC where the majority are dressed very casual. Of course they are wearing $200 jeans and $100 t-shirts, but a shirt and tie does not mean class.

@

Archived