Where can I find a local rifle range?

Madned

I bought a shotgun and would like to take it to a rifle range to try it out. Any information as to where one might be and the cost would be appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Guest
I bought a shotgun and would like to take it to a rifle range to try it out. Any information as to where one might be and the cost would be appreciated.

Thanks

Try Skeet shooting with the shotgun. It is a 12 gauge right? When shooting at moving clay pigeons up in the air just aim a little out in front of the target and fire.

Guest Guest

There's a gun club on Rt 26 in Glen Aubrey. I have never been any other club. The rt 26 one, (and it's name escapes me), has a 310 yard range with a nice backstop. I am pretty sure they let members with ATV's do all the running back and forth. My friend is a member and let me shoot a .280 express. I hit it at 310 yards like it was nothin.

Good luck.

@

There's a gun club on Rt 26 in Glen Aubrey. I have never been any other club. The rt 26 one, (and it's name escapes me), has a 310 yard range with a nice backstop. I am pretty sure they let members with ATV's do all the running back and forth. My friend is a member and let me shoot a .280 express. I hit it at 310 yards like it was nothin.

Good luck.

@

That would be the Square Deal club.

Guest Guest

www.greenerodgun.com

This is the best deal around! $20 / year membership. No mandatory meetings, no probationary periods, no BS. Just pay and you are a member.

@

Guest ladies man
Thanks BTK, My hubby and I now want to go see what they have. Very close to home and looks like a nice place to take our kids. Truly. Thank you.

What great parents you are. Taking your kids to a place that has gones. Losers!!!

Guest Guest
What great parents you are. Taking your kids to a place that has gones. Losers!!!

Free tip for the Day:

If you can't spell the word "guns", you dont' have the latitude to be calling other people losers.

Loser.

@

What is wrong with having your kids at a shooting range?

What is wrong with kids enjoying shooting sports?

I started going to the shooting range with my dad when I was 6. I won my first turkey and ham at a fall holiday shoot when I was 10 years old. I owned my first BB gun at age 5 and owned a shotgun by the time I was eight. By 12 years old I owned two deer rifles, one in .243 and one in .270. Both incredibly lethal at long ranges.

All through my childhood I could easily obtain any kind of firearm I wanted. .44 mag revolvers, .45ACP 1911's, 9mm semi, .300Win Mag rifle w/ Leupold 4-16 VXIII scope, 870 pump shotgun, anything. At NO POINT did it even occur to me to do anything harmful with those weapons. Looking back, I could easily have taken anything I wanted to school but it never occured to me. I was taught and trained by my father, grandfather, and uncle's to ALWAYS respect that firearm even if you KNOW it is not loaded. Lessons that were taught and drilled into my head and the head of my siblings and cousins.

An educated person with a firearm is no more dangerous than a box of Q-tips. Dump your ignorant paranoia and go to a firearm safety class. Buy a .22 and have fun plinkin'.

What is wrong with having your kids at a shooting range?

What is wrong with kids enjoying shooting sports?

I started going to the shooting range with my dad when I was 6. I won my first turkey and ham at a fall holiday shoot when I was 10 years old. I owned my first BB gun at age 5 and owned a shotgun by the time I was eight. By 12 years old I owned two deer rifles, one in .243 and one in .270. Both incredibly lethal at long ranges.

All through my childhood I could easily obtain any kind of firearm I wanted. .44 mag revolvers, .45ACP 1911's, 9mm semi, .300Win Mag rifle w/ Leupold 4-16 VXIII scope, 870 pump shotgun, anything. At NO POINT did it even occur to me to do anything harmful with those weapons. Looking back, I could easily have taken anything I wanted to school but it never occured to me. I was taught and trained by my father, grandfather, and uncle's to ALWAYS respect that firearm even if you KNOW it is not loaded. Lessons that were taught and drilled into my head and the head of my siblings and cousins.

An educated person with a firearm is no more dangerous than a box of Q-tips. Dump your ignorant paranoia and go to a firearm safety class. Buy a .22 and have fun plinkin'.

I had many rifles as a kid my favorite was a 45/70 trap door Calvary model single shot like Custer's troops had. A H&R match rifle 22 a 30/40 Krag, shot guns a 308 Enfield (war surplus) use to buy them for 5 or 10 dollars. We use to go shooting on weekends and would walk to the hills through town (Scranton) and no one bothered us. Times have changed. By the way my shot gun is a 870 12 gauge with two barrels. It seems to me the steel rust much quicker than my old rifles? We had our garage broken into and that prompted me to buy the shotgun. I do not have to tell you how damaging this scatter gun can be, If we have an intruder I will have an advantage. Like most areas of the city our area has gone downhill.

Have a good day.

@

I love my 45-70. It is a reproduction 1874 Sharps. It spends most of it's time hanging above the mantle but I still take it out a couple times a year and give it a workout.

My uncle always had a 30-40 Krag, he loves that caliber for hunting whitetail.

I agree that times are different but it is only because we allow it to be. I remember as a kid we would have rifle lessons in the basement of the school where there was a fully automated 50 ft. .22 / pistol range and I am only 33 so it wasnt THAT long aso.

The problem is you have people out there like "ladies man" who live their lives in fear of a hunk of steel that can do absolutely nothing unless there is human intervention. I think once the supreme court spells out that we DO have a right to own guns there will be a swing back to acceptance of firearms.

I love my 45-70. It is a reproduction 1874 Sharps. It spends most of it's time hanging above the mantle but I still take it out a couple times a year and give it a workout.

My uncle always had a 30-40 Krag, he loves that caliber for hunting whitetail.

I agree that times are different but it is only because we allow it to be. I remember as a kid we would have rifle lessons in the basement of the school where there was a fully automated 50 ft. .22 / pistol range and I am only 33 so it wasnt THAT long aso.

The problem is you have people out there like "ladies man" who live their lives in fear of a hunk of steel that can do absolutely nothing unless there is human intervention. I think once the supreme court spells out that we DO have a right to own guns there will be a swing back to acceptance of firearms.

i too remember several local schools having rifle teams, including vestal. imagine that, kids with guns on school property and not one single incident. i can also recall a gun safe in my gym teacher's office full of match rifles for the rifle team.

@

Archived