Interactive press release draft for meeting

Ed Arzouian

Guest Guest
Funny, it's just being brought up now. I was waiting to see when someone was going to bring it up!!!!!

Citizen Action's Mary Clark attend's and par-takes in her Neighborhood Assemblies meetings and no one say's a word to her, asking question's or challenging her presence at these meetings!

Seem's Mr. Ed has somone worried, now I'm quirous and will also be present for this meeting.

Good for you to bring this up (CA's....Mary Clark)..........whoever you are! ;) It is a very good point! ;)

You are joking right? People bring up the fact that Mary Clark is not from Binghamton all the time!

She does, howevr, work in Binghamton and work for an orginization that works on issues affecting binghamton - unlike ed who accepts welfare payments for a living and does not work in binghamton and does nothing for binghamton except bittshing and whining and moaning all the time.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Resident and Taxpayer!
You are joking right? People bring up the fact that Mary Clark is not from Binghamton all the time!

She does, howevr, work in Binghamton and work for an orginization that works on issues affecting binghamton - unlike ed who accepts welfare payments for a living and does not work in binghamton and does nothing for binghamton except bittshing and whining and moaning all the time.

Your JOKING I HOPE?

Your talking of a women who files for NON-PROFIT STATIS and ALSO EXCEPTS FUNDS FROM THE FEDERAL AND STATE GOVERMENTS AND THEN IS ENVOLVED IN POLITICS AND ELECTIONS!!!!YOUR KIDDING ME RIGHT?...........PLEASE TELL ME YOUR JOKING PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME YOUR JOKING?????????????

Guest Guest
Your JOKING I HOPE?

Your talking of a women who files for NON-PROFIT STATIS and ALSO EXCEPTS FUNDS FROM THE FEDERAL AND STATE GOVERMENTS AND THEN IS ENVOLVED IN POLITICS AND ELECTIONS!!!!YOUR KIDDING ME RIGHT?...........PLEASE TELL ME YOUR JOKING PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME YOUR JOKING?????????????

I have two words for you "de" "caf"!

Guest Guest
Your JOKING I HOPE?

What federal and state funds are you speaking of. I am not aware of any state and federal funds.

Guest Guest
What federal and state funds are you speaking of. I am not aware of any state and federal funds.

Is this true does Mary Clark's Citizen Action have non-profit statis?

OH My GOD I didn't know this!!!!!!

Guest Guest
Is this true does Mary Clark's Citizen Action have non-profit statis?

OH My GOD I didn't know this!!!!!!

OH MY GOD!! YOU ARE EVEN MORE STUPID THAN I THOUGHT!!

Guest Stephen P. Jensen

I'm going to try to attend this meeting. It should prove interesting, at least.

Regarding Ed not allowed attenting this meeting and all the hystrionics surrounding that, what's the big deal? I have never met Ed, myself, and I agree, he's a bit focused on Matt Ryan in his posts here ... but if it's an open meeting, it's an open meeting.

If we're looking for comparative situations, you need to look no further than two City Council meetings in 2005, when Tarik Abdelazim and his minions trucked out numerous people, not residents, homeowners or even those employed in the city, to support his "END THE WAR, NOW!" resolution. Interestingly enough, approximately half the people speaking in favor of that resolution in 2005 were NOT from the City of Binghamton, yet it passed with flying colors.

You could also make a case for non-Binghamton residents and/or taxpayers being welcome at this meeting due to the fact that Binghamton is the county seat. Or you could simply base such attendance being legit on the idea that someone living in a bordering municipality may work in Binghamton, do business in Binghamton, have relatives in Binghamton ... and on, and on.

So, instead of carping about whether or not Ed not allowed is coming to this meeting or not, shouldn't the focus be somewhere else? I think there are plenty of better options.

-SPJ

Guest Guest

I cannot stand Ed, but I think people should attend the meeting to voice their outrage regarding the increase in the water rates.

Many of us are already limiting the amount of toilet flushing.

Now, we can look forward to brown lawns this summer.

And forget planting any flowers -- what's the point if it is going to cost you and arm and a leg to water them?

So, by the end of the summer, we can look forward to backed up toilets, brown lawns, and empty flower pots throughout Binghamton. Since there appears to be no code enforcement for old furniture on porches, maybe I should just fill my flower pots with garbage. It should go well with the new "look" Binghamton seems to be moving towards.

:angry:

Guest Guest
I'm going to try to attend this meeting. It should prove interesting, at least.

Regarding Ed not allowed attenting this meeting and all the hystrionics surrounding that, what's the big deal? I have never met Ed, myself, and I agree, he's a bit focused on Matt Ryan in his posts here ... but if it's an open meeting, it's an open meeting.

If we're looking for comparative situations, you need to look no further than two City Council meetings in 2005, when Tarik Abdelazim and his minions trucked out numerous people, not residents, homeowners or even those employed in the city, to support his "END THE WAR, NOW!" resolution. Interestingly enough, approximately half the people speaking in favor of that resolution in 2005 were NOT from the City of Binghamton, yet it passed with flying colors.

You could also make a case for non-Binghamton residents and/or taxpayers being welcome at this meeting due to the fact that Binghamton is the county seat. Or you could simply base such attendance being legit on the idea that someone living in a bordering municipality may work in Binghamton, do business in Binghamton, have relatives in Binghamton ... and on, and on.

So, instead of carping about whether or not Ed not allowed is coming to this meeting or not, shouldn't the focus be somewhere else? I think there are plenty of better options.

-SPJ

I agree with most everything you say Steve except when you said "he's a bit focused on Matt Ryan" - I think 40,000+ posts is a bit more than "focused". I also find it unfortunate that he (ed) has an agenda that has nothing to do with the betterment of the city. His focus (ovsession) is truly an obsession about the mayor. If the mayor is for something, he is against it. If the mayor is against something, he is for it. It is as simple as that. When one's main and only focus is "naysaying" "complaining" "whining" moaning" and "negativity" it tends to obsfucate the purpose of these types of meetings.

People like you genuinely care about the city and what happens to it. I don't always agree with you nor you agree with me, but at least we have the same goals and have a respect ofr one another. With ed that is not the case. His intent is simply never to actually do anything positive for the city, his only goal and his only obsession is attempting to make the mayor look bad. This kind of person at meetings inhibits a group from moving forward and functioning well.

While he has every right to come, let us not pretend we don't completely understand the reasons he would come and what his agenda is.

Guest Guest

Why do you lie?

Ed works at two jobs in Binghamton, both in the private sector.

( http://www.not allowed.com/hlac/article.pdf )

Furthermore, this water rate increase has a huge impact on the company he works for and accounting for and montioring this usage is part of his job.

I agree with most everything you say Steve except when you said "he's a bit focused on Matt Ryan" - I think 40,000+ posts is a bit more than "focused". I also find it unfortunate that he (ed) has an agenda that has nothing to do with the betterment of the city. His focus (ovsession) is truly an obsession about the mayor. If the mayor is for something, he is against it. If the mayor is against something, he is for it. It is as simple as that. When one's main and only focus is "naysaying" "complaining" "whining" moaning" and "negativity" it tends to obsfucate the purpose of these types of meetings.

People like you genuinely care about the city and what happens to it. I don't always agree with you nor you agree with me, but at least we have the same goals and have a respect ofr one another. With ed that is not the case. His intent is simply never to actually do anything positive for the city, his only goal and his only obsession is attempting to make the mayor look bad. This kind of person at meetings inhibits a group from moving forward and functioning well.

While he has every right to come, let us not pretend we don't completely understand the reasons he would come and what his agenda is.

I was being facetious about the "a bit focused." Sorry ... nuance is sometimes lost in writing. OK, he appears obsessed, but since I've never met Ed and don't know anything about him except what I've read here, I'm giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. We all deserve that, I suppose, and I try to base my opinions about people, locally anyway, on my experiences with them.

I think Matt Ryan and I are as diametrically opposed politically as two individuals can be, and I really haven't stopped to take the time to figure out why. I guess when it comes down to it, I really don't care why. It is what it is, so I do what I can, or feel the need to, to make points where I see necessity.

I think this meeting is just the beginning. I have no clue how many people will attend, and maybe that doesn't matter. But I'll go, and hear what some have to say, and if I can contribute, I will. If you're right about Ed not allowed's objectives, then I hope he'll take a role in the meeting as a contributor, and not as a "leader" or "facilitator." I think we all are a bit worn out with "facilitators" at meetings, eh?

I'm not a big fan of masking my words or my opinions, so I ask this, tongue-in-cheek: How do you KNOW I respect you? I don't even know who you are? That said, I appreciate you respecting me, on some level, given that you say we don't always agree.

But it what you meant correct? If people don't agree with you, they should stay home.

But it what you mean't correct? Are a recent drop-out from one of our wonderful government schools?

The agenda for this meeting is clearly stated!

Guest Guest

I will say this, I am coming with my wife. We are so discusted with the antics of this administration, it's obviously out of control. Gay flag raising? What does this have to do with City business? We were in shock from the onset about just this issue! Then the raises the administration gave the Fire Department.

I have other issues, the raises Mayor Ryan gave his Management Staff and City Council voting unamiously. Councilwomen Rennia who was aganist it from the start then voted for these Management raises.

Yes I will attend!

Guest Guest
I was being facetious about the "a bit focused." Sorry ... nuance is sometimes lost in writing. OK, he appears obsessed, but since I've never met Ed and don't know anything about him except what I've read here, I'm giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. We all deserve that, I suppose, and I try to base my opinions about people, locally anyway, on my experiences with them.

I think Matt Ryan and I are as diametrically opposed politically as two individuals can be, and I really haven't stopped to take the time to figure out why. I guess when it comes down to it, I really don't care why. It is what it is, so I do what I can, or feel the need to, to make points where I see necessity.

I think this meeting is just the beginning. I have no clue how many people will attend, and maybe that doesn't matter. But I'll go, and hear what some have to say, and if I can contribute, I will. If you're right about Ed not allowed's objectives, then I hope he'll take a role in the meeting as a contributor, and not as a "leader" or "facilitator." I think we all are a bit worn out with "facilitators" at meetings, eh?

I'm not a big fan of masking my words or my opinions, so I ask this, tongue-in-cheek: How do you KNOW I respect you? I don't even know who you are? That said, I appreciate you respecting me, on some level, given that you say we don't always agree.

I guess I don't "know" you respect me, but as we have had discussions on here, it is clear that even when we disagreed on things you treated me with respect and courtesy. I respect you because I have seen you speak and also write on here and your objectives always seem to be in moving forward in some positve way.

Guest Guest
But it what you mean't correct? Are a recent drop-out from one of our wonderful government schools?

The agenda for this meeting is clearly stated!

yea - typos should be a capital offense

I did not see in the agenda where it says "if you don't agree with me - don't come

Guest Guest

Well Explained ....... I feel the same way .

@

Guest Guest

To anyone interested in attending this week's meeting at the American Legion on Robinson Street Thursday, please offer your suggestions, additions, changes, corrections, topics or add your name to the list of attendees.

The suggestions will be discussed among organizers Monday night and a final version of the media release and agenda will be sent out on Tuesday morning.

------

For Immediate Release

Date: April 14, 2008

Subject: City Wide Meeting Time Thursday, April 17 at 6:00 pm

Citizens have had enough: open meeting called

BINGHAMTON – Everyday citizens of the City of Binghamton have had enough with the problems coming from City Hall. They are fed up and have called an open, grassroots, public meeting for all to attend Thursday, April 17 at 6:00 pm at the Eastside American Legion at 1645 Robinson Street, Binghamton. People of all political leanings and from all walks of life are urged to attend. Take back your city from the current, unrepresentative administration in City Hall.

Among the topics for discussion are the huge water rate increases residents are being forced to swallow, the sham Neighborhood Assemblies and the arbitrary, unfair and retaliatory use of Code Enforcement apparently targeted against certain individuals. Anything else residents and business owners deem necessary to discussed should be communicated to BCVOICE.com and the item(s) will be added to the meeting agenda.

Unlike the charade of Citizen Action’s Neighborhood Assemblies, this public meeting will not have any hidden agenda, not collect any data from participants and not offer any propaganda.

In attendance for the meeting will be the owner of BCVOICE, former and future mayoral candidates, former City councilmen and numerous local business owners. Those people interested in announcing their attendance can sign their onto this media release below. It will be sent out on the morning of Tuesday, April 15, along with a tentative agenda.

Thank you. We hope to see you there.

For more information contact BCVOICE by posting in the “pinned” item on the board.

Attendees for Thursday’s Meeting:

Garo Kachadourian

Ed not allowed

People may be intersted in printing these rates out to bring to the meeting. We will try to have handouts ready but there may not be enough for everyone.

I have conducted my own survey of at least 12 munciplaities and theri water rates.

I will bring this information the the meeting but I will post it here.

Just today Tarik was lying, trying to say these municipalities have lower rates because they use wells. Rochester, Watertown, Utica, Syracuse do no use wells all their rates are lower than Binghamton. Furthermore half of all municipalties surveyed offer discounts for large volume consumers to encourage business growth. Binghamton does not do that eventhough they complain that decreased use is part of the problem:

Matthew T. Ryan and Tarik Abdelazim will try to tell you Binghamton's increased water rates are in line with other similar sized and aged towns and cities in NY State.

That is not true.

Like we do for firefighters, Binghamton is paying far above the state average, even for smaller cities with a shrinking population and poor economy.

Below you will see a comparison. Most places have a tiered rate structure so for some places you will see three rates. Why hasn't our local news media done some investigating like this?

LOCATION WATER RATE 1 WATER RATE 2 WATER RATE 3

(per100cu.ft.)

Binghamton $1.80* 1.95** $2.10*** three increases in 2007

Binghamton (proposed) $2.99

Rochester $0.97 $0.83 discount for greater consumption

Endicott $35 $1.21 $0.88 discount for greater consumption

Watertown $1.52

Utica (Mohawk Valley Water Authority) $2.21~ $2.24~ $1.41~*

discount for greater consumption

"Readiness-to-Serve" charge applies to all accounts it raises the actual price very slightly

Cortland $2.00 $1.30 $1.50

Johnson City $20.00 $1.68 $1.55 discount for greater consumption

Syracuse $2.02

Vestal $20 $1.48 $2.17

Conklin $2.55

Bottom line, Binghamton is getting screwed due primarily to mismanagement.

@

Guest Guest
look at the rates they pay elsewhere, one-third what we are being asked to pay...........

You don't pay a Binghamton water bill .. So why do you use the word " we " ?

Guest Guest
look at the rates they pay elsewhere, one-third what we are being asked to pay...........

Can you answer that ? Can you answer that ? Can you answer that ? :angry:

Archived