132mph in a 15-year old Ford Probe!!!!

Ed Arzouian

They nailed some kids for doing that.

As I wrote on PSB, either they should check that radar gun or sign the kid to a NASCAR team....

My son just called me about this just a couple of minutes ago. He lives in PA right now (going to collage) but he keeps up with P&SB. He called to see if I had heard about this because he graduated with this kid last year and said drugs and alcohol were probably involved. He was apparently right. I just hope the property damage wasn't that bad. LOL

@

Guest BC Voice of Reason
They nailed some kids for doing that.

As I wrote on PSB, either they should check that radar gun or sign the kid to a NASCAR team....

What's so hard to believe about that? Ford Probe GT has a top speed of 147. I hope he gets the book and then some thrown at him.

Here's his My Space page, from the comments and pics, he had it coming to him sooner or later:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=37680775

Guest Guest
What's so hard to believe about that? Ford Probe GT has a top speed of 147. I hope he gets the book and then some thrown at him.

Here's his My Space page, from the comments and pics, he had it coming to him sooner or later:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=37680775

Checked on internet and top speed of a Ford Probe is 133 MPH. The speedometer goes to 140.

Guest Guest
Check again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Probe

Year: 1993-1997

Engine: 6 cyl

Power: 164 HP

0-60: 7.5s

Top speed: 147 mph

Here is a guy talking about his 1993 Ford Probe:

Top speed is about 138 stock but with minor mods I can go trough 150-155 MPh.

(This reflects other owners stating top speed around 133. Maybe with low or no restriction exhaust and tuned to perfection maybe 140 MPH??)

Here is a guy talking about his 1993 Ford Probe:

Top speed is about 138 stock but with minor mods I can go trough 150-155 MPh.

(This reflects other owners stating top speed around 133. Maybe with low or no restriction exhaust and tuned to perfection maybe 140 MPH??)

AGAIN!!!!

Doesn't really matter. THAT IS STUPID!!!!!!!! DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!! IDIOTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH. ;)

Guest BC Voice of Reason
AGAIN!!!!

Doesn't really matter. THAT IS STUPID!!!!!!!! DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!! IDIOTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH.

It apparently matters to the original poster of this topic since he thought it was more likely that the radar gun malfunctioned then fathom the possibility that a Ford Probe could actually go that fast.

Guest Guest
AGAIN!!!!

Doesn't really matter. THAT IS STUPID!!!!!!!! DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!! IDIOTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH. ;)

Geez: I never drive over 70 - 75 MPH. But I find it hard to believe a 1993 Ford Probe could do 147 MPH!

It apparently matters to the original poster of this topic since he thought it was more likely that the radar gun malfunctioned then fathom the possibility that a Ford Probe could actually go that fast.

do you know the kid/ do you know what he can do with a car/ do you know what his friends can do with a car/ beer interrupted my keyboard. sorry for the / instead of the question marks.0 and parentheses. but the kid has been doing this for a long time. he finally gt caught. at least no one but the 'property' got damaged. sorry about the comma's instead of the quotations too. again, the beer thing.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Geez: I never drive over 70 - 75 MPH. But I find it hard to believe a 1993 Ford Probe could do 147 MPH!

Why? The Ford Probe GT was originally conceived to be the replacement for the Mustang, and is mechanically identical to a Mazda MX-6 GT. If this was Ford's planned spiritual successor to their famous race car, you can bet they'd want it go fast.

do you know the kid/ do you know what he can do with a car/ do you know what his friends can do with a car/ beer interrupted my keyboard. sorry for the / instead of the question marks.0 and parentheses. but the kid has been doing this for a long time. he finally gt caught. at least no one but the 'property' got damaged. sorry about the comma's instead of the quotations too. again, the beer thing.

Stop drinking beer so close to the computer, problem solved. :lol:

Guest BC Voice of Reason

No, I don't know him or his friends, but going fast on I-88, basically a straight line, doesn't take any particular skill. From his My Space page it seemed like reckless driving was pretty much the norm for him. He's got pictures of donuts he did, a Trans-Am he wrecked, and someone commented about a burn-out he did at the gas station. I'm sure this kid would have eventually ended up splattered across the highway, or worse yet would have killed someone else. I'm glad he got caught and I hope he's off the road for a long long while.

No, I don't know him or his friends, but going fast on I-88, basically a straight line, doesn't take any particular skill. From his My Space page it seemed like reckless driving was pretty much the norm for him. He's got pictures of donuts he did, a Trans-Am he wrecked, and someone commented about a burn-out he did at the gas station. I'm sure this kid would have eventually ended up splattered across the highway, or worse yet would have killed someone else. I'm glad he got caught and I hope he's off the road for a long long while.

I don't know him personnaly either. I'm glad he got caught too. ( Got my shift key working. YA!) That way he won't be out on the streets KILLING anyone I love and hold close to my heart anytime soon. I hope he isn't able to harm anyone in the future.

Stop drinking beer so close to the computer, problem solved. :lol:

But I'm home and not on the streets, not harming any one. That has to count for something. Right? :unsure: Ya, I guess it does. Not driving. Would never do that even if I had just cracked a beer. Life is WAYYYYYYY to precious for that crap!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a dresser to my left where I have all the computer overflow in the drawers. I keep my food and drinks on the top of it now I've learned my lesson. The most I have to do is mop up the floor now when drinks get spilled.

kitchen table on my on my right, I really should keep that in mind so that way when I decide to get drunk on 5 beers on sunday, this won't happen again. LOL. Thanx

kitchen table on my on my right, I really should keep that in mind so that way when I decide to get drunk on 5 beers on sunday, this won't happen again. LOL. Thanx

I just use the old standby... redneck beer helmet. Got planty more room for munchies on the table thhis way. ;)

On the original thread... why is it ??? that a '93 Probe could do 130mph?

Archived