Your parents' best advice

Guest Guest

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Life is anything but fair.

Don't believe anything you hear and only about half of what you see.

There is no such thing as a fair fight - they don't ask HOW you won, they ask IF you won.

My old man had a very negative outlook on life. He once told me that he was so poor as a kid that if he didn't wake up on Christmas morning with a boner then he had nothing to play with.

Guest oh boy

My dad told me this once, it's a bit vulgar, but it works for so much, at least I think..

Don't sh#t where you eat.

Thanks Dad... I love you!

Guest Guest

whenever we were going through a hard time my mother would always tell us "this too shall pass" that is still a comforting phrase for me today.

Guest Guest

" Make sure you have clean underwear and sox on because you never know if you will get in a car accident. " My mother still to this day harps on wearing the clean underwear and sox not to her kids but to the grandkids and great grandkids. Sheesh!

" Make sure you have clean underwear and sox on because you never know if you will get in a car accident. " My mother still to this day harps on wearing the clean underwear and sox not to her kids but to the grandkids and great grandkids. Sheesh!

Even if you have on clean underwear before the car accident, it probably won't be clean AFTER!!!

Guest Guest

It's more of a curse than advice: "No matter what your intentions, your kids will turn out just like you".

The best advise was from the elderly neighbor I had as a child: "I turn the hearing aid off when the wife is home".

Guest Charlene

Let's see:

There was the spend some, save some rant my Dad would give us. But he never saved a dime.

Then there was "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

But the best one was:

"If your friends jumped off the bridge would you jump too?"

What a guy!

:lol:

@

Guest country girl2
" Make sure you have clean underwear and sox on because you never know if you will get in a car accident. "

:D Oh yeah, I got that too, God, how could I have forgotten that one.

Guest Guest
It's more of a curse than advice: "No matter what your intentions, your kids will turn out just like you".

The best advise was from the elderly neighbor I had as a child: "I turn the hearing aid off when the wife is home".

I once heard a guy say "You will become one of your parents and marry the other."

Never a truer word spoken, in my book.

@

Archived