$417,714

Ed Arzouian

$417,714

That's what the incompetence of Matthew T. Ryan and Jim Dessauer cost the taxpayers of the State of New York and Binghamton.

$417,714 because Ryan and Dessauer allowed the former owners to demolish only half the O'Neil Building last year, which they did for about $170,000 before dumping the mess onto the City of Binghamton. Another example of Ryan's negotitiation skills like the Regency Hotel he has now held onto for 15 months and lost about $500,000 there so far.

Now we all have to pay $417,714 for Ryan's and Dessauer's latest mistake.

Do you begin to see now how Dessauer lost $500,000 in Syracuse before coming here?

"Last year, the city spent months wrangling with the buildings' owners over numerous code violations and unfulfilled promises to rehabilitate the structure. In September, after eventually taking ownership of one of the city's signature downtown buildings, the city administration had hoped to sell the remaining half of the building or use a state grant to rehabilitate it.

But after an engineering study revealed the Ross Building was unsafe, officials switched gears and decided to take it down. The half-razed structure sits at the corner of Court and State streets, awaiting the wrecking ball. Orange public works barriers block the sidewalk around the building.

Last week, the city opened bids for the demolition work. A winning bid of $417,714 was submitted by Syracuse-based Bianchi Industrial Services, City Engineer Brian Kessler said.

State funds, through a Restore NY grant, will pay for 90 percent of the demolition costs. The city must pay the remaining 10 percent, Ryan said.

A contract for the work should be finalized in the coming days, and demolition could begin as early as the beginning of May, Kessler said."

Magician runs out of luck: Binghamton won't implode building

By John Hill

Press & Sun-Bulletin

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll...EWS01/804150351

Guest Master of Puppets

Hey, didn't you hear? Puppet shows are the new Karaoke. They're sweeping the nation. Gonna be even bigger than hip-hop soon.

Guest Guest

In a one year period prior to the Goodwill Theatre purchasing and rehabiliating the former municipal building Johnson City police responded to 78 calls to that single address.

Since the Goodwill Theatre rehabiliated the building 0 police incidents have occured.

That is urban renewal at its best.

The O'Neil Building is costing taxpayers far more than the Goodwill Theatre.

Thanks to Ryan over $400,000 will be spent to create an empty space! $400,000 for nothing.

Guest Guest
In a one year period prior to the Goodwill Theatre purchasing and rehabiliating the former municipal building Johnson City police responded to 78 calls to that single address.

Since the Goodwill Theatre rehabiliated the building 0 police incidents have occured.

That is urban renewal at its best.

The O'Neil Building is costing taxpayers far more than the Goodwill Theatre.

Thanks to Ryan over $400,000 will be spent to create an empty space! $400,000 for nothing.

you spent over $600,000 just to put a roof on the Goodwill Theater building. You've spent over $1,000,000 ( or is it $2,000,000) so far. For what?? Feasibilitiy studies, a new roof and 125 folding chairs?

Total cost of project is estimated between 10 & 20 million dollars. How can you say that the o'neil building is costing more?

Guest Guest

Criss Angel actually wanted to perform in Binghamton. Wow. And the city could have received some publicity and likely some compensation for the implosion of a building. Of course, Matthew T. Ryan wouldn't have any of that. Cost? Please, Ryan and friends are wasting more money on their useless government positions, programs, and crazy ideas like a round-a-bout than they'd ever spend on the demolition of a building. Not to mention we still have the hotel money pit. I suppose cost is only a consideration when it's actually a good idea.

Guest Guest
Criss Angel actually wanted to perform in Binghamton. Wow. And the city could have received some publicity and likely some compensation for the implosion of a building. Of course, Matthew T. Ryan wouldn't have any of that. Cost? Please, Ryan and friends are wasting more money on their useless government positions, programs, and crazy ideas like a round-a-bout than they'd ever spend on the demolition of a building. Not to mention we still have the hotel money pit. I suppose cost is only a consideration when it's actually a good idea.

Yeah! and a good lawsuit in their handos because of the hazzard. And then you'd be complaining that it's costing the taxpayers money. Yeah, let's get publicity for damaging the few nearby businesses. BTW, stop blasting the GWT. give it a chance and go see something in there. If tax payers money has already been spent on it, why not enjoy it? it's a nice venue. Don't let Ed's tactics and silly face stop you from going. He really should have no relevance one way or another.

90% of the $417,714 will be paid for by a state grant, Binghamton will only pay for 10%.

Although I'm not a Matt Ryan fan, I don't think its right to not tell the whole truth just to make Ryan look worse then he already does. Come on Ed, you know that 90% will be paid by the state and that Binghamton will not be footing the entire bill. Its not going to look good for your campaign to run for mayor if your going to start lying already.

Guest Guest
Hey, didn't you hear? Puppet shows are the new Karaoke. They're sweeping the nation. Gonna be even bigger than hip-hop soon.

I have to agree...

That puppet show single-handedly turned this entire area into the economic juggernaut that it is today. Thank God, we spent all that tax-money on it!

Guest Guest
$417,714

That's what the incompetence of Matthew T. Ryan and Jim Dessauer cost the taxpayers of the State of New York and Binghamton.

$417,714 because Ryan and Dessauer allowed the former owners to demolish only half the O'Neil Building last year, which they did for about $170,000 before dumping the mess onto the City of Binghamton. Another example of Ryan's negotitiation skills like the Regency Hotel he has now held onto for 15 months and lost about $500,000 there so far.

Now we all have to pay $417,714 for Ryan's and Dessauer's latest mistake.

Do you begin to see now how Dessauer lost $500,000 in Syracuse before coming here?

"Last year, the city spent months wrangling with the buildings' owners over numerous code violations and unfulfilled promises to rehabilitate the structure. In September, after eventually taking ownership of one of the city's signature downtown buildings, the city administration had hoped to sell the remaining half of the building or use a state grant to rehabilitate it.

But after an engineering study revealed the Ross Building was unsafe, officials switched gears and decided to take it down. The half-razed structure sits at the corner of Court and State streets, awaiting the wrecking ball. Orange public works barriers block the sidewalk around the building.

Last week, the city opened bids for the demolition work. A winning bid of $417,714 was submitted by Syracuse-based Bianchi Industrial Services, City Engineer Brian Kessler said.

State funds, through a Restore NY grant, will pay for 90 percent of the demolition costs. The city must pay the remaining 10 percent, Ryan said.

A contract for the work should be finalized in the coming days, and demolition could begin as early as the beginning of May, Kessler said."

Magician runs out of luck: Binghamton won't implode building

By John Hill

Press & Sun-Bulletin

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll...EWS01/804150351

And ed's obsession with Mayor ryan continues - reaching for that not so elusive 100,000 posts.

Guest Guest
90% of the $417,714 will be paid for by a state grant, Binghamton will only pay for 10%.

Although I'm not a Matt Ryan fan, I don't think its right to not tell the whole truth just to make Ryan look worse then he already does. Come on Ed, you know that 90% will be paid by the state and that Binghamton will not be footing the entire bill. Its not going to look good for your campaign to run for mayor if your going to start lying already.

It's 41,000 dollars that the city doesn't have.

And the last time I looked, city residents pay NY taxes.

Ryan could have insisted that the producers pay in full for the implosionb/demolition and provide full liability insurance.

It was a no-brainer.

Ryan proved he has no brain.

$41,771...do the math dummy. It's not costing us $417,714 like you make it out to be.

Are you a product of our government schools? Don't you know how to read?

Ed stated it will cost the taxpayers of the state of Ny and Binghamton $417,714. What's so hard about that? Why are you twisting his words?

You need to learn how to read too!!

And ed's obsession with Mayor ryan continues - reaching for that not so elusive 100,000 posts.

Ed does have a point. beleive me i don't agree with ed unless i know he is right on something and we don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, but i will be the first to agree with him when he is right. the mayor again bungled this decision. and it is costing us more money out of our pockets, or look at it this way. it is money that is being spent that should be used for something else. fixing the againg and deteriorating infrastructure should be a priority. but i do have a question ed. the 417k, are you looking at it costing us that much because of the rest of the money coming from the state? since binghamton is only 41k. not that is chump change and the city can not afford to piss that away. Ed another question, why is binghamton in the real estate business? why does the city take over all these properties and we end up paying when the owners should be liable, even though they no longer own it. are other cities in this "business" too? or has binghamton just been blessed with clueless leadership for the better part of the last 20 or so years?

Guest concerned

But the point is well taken..

BUT

Not as incompetent as Donna Lapardo and Barb Fiala with their spending FOUR MILLION TAXPAYER DOLLARS on the Alms house

this place is too small for anything useful and is so far gone into ruins that there is NOTHING they can do to restore it.

TWENTY PLUS years of NO HEAT, NO UPKEEP, NO ROOF REPAIRS, and the list continues...

WE need to get rid of these people who just spend spend spend.

and then try to balance that by not granting decent raises to their employees and tax breaks to the residents.

and someone PLEASE tell me how Barb Fiala is going to "find" a million dollars in savings on the Justice Building when the project hasn't been bid yet??? SOMEONE??? ANYONE???? BARB???? DONNA???? :o

Guest Guest
$41,771...do the math dummy. It's not costing us $417,714 like you make it out to be.

NYS taxpayers will pay $417,714 due to Matthew T. Ryan's incompetence. Once again, just like with The Regency Hotel, he was unable to negotiate an agreement with owner's of vital real estate in Binghamton. He allowed them to demolish only half the derelict building. They did that for about $170,000 BTW, not over $400,000.

Those downstate NewYorkers people here in Broome County like to disparage so much are footing most of the bill as is everyone in "Greater Binghamton" and the "Binghamton Metropolitan Area" because the Mayor of the City of Binghamton and his appointees are inexperienced incompetents.

Hardly a day goes by where Matthew T. Ryan's bungling doesn't cost taxpayers some place something.

Guest Guest
Are you a product of our government schools? Don't you know how to read?

Ed stated it will cost the taxpayers of the state of Ny and Binghamton $417,714. What's so hard about that? Why are you twisting his words?

I can read dummy. Ed's making it look worse than it really is for the taxpayers in Binghamton. His Topic Headline was $417,714....come on Ed...It's obvious you're trying to make Ryan look worse than he really is.

Guest Guest
come on Ed...It's obvious you're trying to make Ryan look worse than he really is.

It is not posssible to make Matthew T. Ryan look worse than he really is. You have no idea how bad he truly is. The full effects of the damage his is doing to Binghamton have only begun to be felt. It will only get worse, much worse with time. We will be paying for his failure for years and years to come. Some around city hall are saying it will take ten years or more to get back on track.

Don't you understand, in this one single case, had Ryan and Jim Dessaue done their jobs, the former owners would have demolished the ENTIRE building more than a year ago AT THEIR OWN COST.

THIS DEMOLITION OF THE O'NEIL-ROSS BUILDING BETTER KNOWN AS THE BUCCI-RYAN MONUMENT TO MISMANAGEMENT) SHOULD NOT HAVE COST TAXPAYERS ANYWHERE A DIME.

I came aross this.......www.empirestatenews.net

Binghamton set for final batch of Restore NY Round 1 Demolitions.

I have no problem with cleaning up Broome but can we really aford something like this ? Here we are cant aford to pay water bills not much aford to pay taxies these days.

@

Archived