$417,714

Ed Arzouian

Criss Angel actually wanted to perform in Binghamton. Wow. And the city could have received some publicity and likely some compensation for the implosion of a building. Of course, Matthew T. Ryan wouldn't have any of that. Cost? Please, Ryan and friends are wasting more money on their useless government positions, programs, and crazy ideas like a round-a-bout than they'd ever spend on the demolition of a building. Not to mention we still have the hotel money pit. I suppose cost is only a consideration when it's actually a good idea.

That would have been sweet! Imagine how terrible it would be to bring all those customers to the local businesses. Believe it or not, Criss Angel would probably have been the biggest draw Binghamton has seen since Phish was here in 95. It isn't like A&E's demo team wouldn't have their own insurance. I just don't understand what cost has to do with it- Criss, his family (they are at many of his tapings) his entire crew, all the fans that would come to watch. That is a lot of people! They might have even stayed at the Regency and shopped at local businesses. All politics aside, I feel this was a REAL stupid move on Matt Ryan's part. Next he'll forbid Penn and Teller from playing at the arena becaus what it really comes down to is that he doesn't believe in magic....

bw71.jpg

That would have been sweet! Imagine how terrible it would be to bring all those customers to the local businesses. Believe it or not, Criss Angel would probably have been the biggest draw Binghamton has seen since Phish was here in 95. It isn't like A&E's demo team wouldn't have their own insurance. I just don't understand what cost has to do with it- Criss, his family (they are at many of his tapings) his entire crew, all the fans that would come to watch. That is a lot of people! They might have even stayed at the Regency and shopped at local businesses. All politics aside, I feel this was a REAL stupid move on Matt Ryan's part. Next he'll forbid Penn and Teller from playing at the arena becaus what it really comes down to is that he doesn't believe in magic....

bw71.jpg

I would have to agree with a poster on another post, when is Binghamton going to start fixing these horrible roads? Cleaning up Binghamton is a good idea, how about starting with the basics like making the roads at least drivable?

@

I would have to agree with a poster on another post, when is Binghamton going to start fixing these horrible roads? Cleaning up Binghamton is a good idea, how about starting with the basics like making the roads at least drivable?

@

Why do that??? I finally have all the potholes memorized so I can swerve like a blindfolded champ on my way home from work!

Guest Guest

@

Holy crap. I drive them every day. They passed horrible a few months ago and are now approaching dangerous.

Awful. Just awful.

@

Guest Guest

Yup. Real cities have stunts like that all the time and I never would have expected Binghamton to have a chance at something like that. I doubt Matthew T. Ryan even looked into it. They have spent all that time and effort trying to get Nexus the hotel, but something that actually sounded interesting gets panned. I wonder if what ties this Nexus company has to the Ryan gang. The company has a property in scranton. Seems to me that Ryan and crew only do something if it benefits them or their friends personally or has some political payback. Sounds like more of the same, only worse ideas.

Guest Google Eyes

Hey Ryan as long as theres an empty space coming up downtown why not put the new mental health building there then it will be close to the SUNY complex and they will have all the guiena pigs they need for research! and with the new roundabout the clients can walk around in cirlcles for exercise!

@

@

BTK, 70% of Binghamtons budget goes to the FD and PD. That leaves 30% for everything else. After payroll and benes for city workers all the way up to the mayor, where's there any money for roads? We need to hope we get handouts from the state or feds to fix our roads.

@

Guest Guest
Yeah! and a good lawsuit in their handos because of the hazzard. And then you'd be complaining that it's costing the taxpayers money. Yeah, let's get publicity for damaging the few nearby businesses. BTW, stop blasting the GWT. give it a chance and go see something in there. If tax payers money has already been spent on it, why not enjoy it? it's a nice venue. Don't let Ed's tactics and silly face stop you from going. He really should have no relevance one way or another.

You need to get a clue. They implode buildings with other buildings right next to them all the time. Mindfreak is a professional and it would have been spectacular. Go back wherever you came from Naima

@

Archived