Driving across country this summer

Guest yeah man

Guest yeah man

Am I better off renting a camper, or going w/ the mini-van and alternating camping/ hotels. any places to rent one locally?

good places to stop/ see on the northern route?

Guest Bobby Baja
Am I better off renting a camper, or going w/ the mini-van and alternating camping/ hotels. any places to rent one locally?

here's a tip. get AAA with " RV " service. Get the "premium" package if you can. If you even use it once, it will pay for itself. you won't be sorry. If you go the camper route, check into the different clubs. Such as "the good sam club" or ones like it. Happy Motoring !

Guest Guest

Holy cow, I'd have to take out a loan for the gas!

@

Guest BC Voice of Reason

If you're taking a northern route must see places would be: Badlands SD, Devil's Tower WY, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Glacier National Park MT, and Crater Lake OR. If you're going way up north the Canadian Rockies are spectacular check out Banff and Vancouver if you can.

If you're taking a northern route must see places would be: Badlands SD, Devil's Tower WY, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Glacier National Park MT, and Crater Lake OR. If you're going way up north the Canadian Rockies are spectacular check out Banff and Vancouver if you can.

Man, I have always wanted to see that area!!!

"The Black Hills & Badlands Region of South Dakota offers everything you expect from a mountain vacation: five national parks, scenic drives, waterfalls, abundant wildlife, acclaimed recreational trails and trout fishing. Home of Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorials. This naturally beautiful region covers a large part of western South Dakota and contains numerous state parks and natural wonders. Wildlife, including a large Bison population, roam freely in Custer State Park, one of the largest parks in South Dakota."

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Man, I have always wanted to see that area!!!

"The Black Hills & Badlands Region of South Dakota offers everything you expect from a mountain vacation: five national parks, scenic drives, waterfalls, abundant wildlife, acclaimed recreational trails and trout fishing. Home of Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorials. This naturally beautiful region covers a large part of western South Dakota and contains numerous state parks and natural wonders. Wildlife, including a large Bison population, roam freely in Custer State Park, one of the largest parks in South Dakota."

It is a beautiful area. Of course, after driving through Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and Iowa just about anything would look beautiful. I saw the Black Hills area years ago before the Crazy Horse monument was sculpted, but Mt. Rushmore is still very cool, and the Badlands are definitely worth the stop.

BadlandsNationalPark-3.jpg

Archived