Chenango Valley Baseball

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

After barely beating Harpursville, and then smacking Vestal all over the place. How do you think undefeated CV is looking compared to the other teams?

Please, no trash talking.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
After barely beating Harpursville, and then smacking Vestal all over the place. How do you think undefeated CV is looking compared to the other teams?

When did they smack Vestal around?

Guest jesus

honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't lose a game all year. they had an off game against harpursville, every team has one. luckily for them it came against a much lesser opponent so they were still able to pull out the win. this saturday they play oneonta at home, if they beat oneonta then i will comfortably say that they should not lose a game this year.

Guest Guest

what vestal pitcher got rocked by CV......

Guest Guest

I'm telling you - - keep this up and you will jinx the team. Let the kids play one game at a time and then do your comparisons at the end of the season. The still have alot of games and play several teams who have the potential to beat them. This isn't about undefeated, it's about getting to the playoffs and then doing something.

Guest Guest
they had an off game against harpursville, every team has one. luckily for them it came against a much lesser opponent so they were still able to pull out the win.

You mean like Vestal had an off game last night against a much lesser opponent.

Guest Guest
You mean like Vestal had an off game last night against a much lesser opponent.

Please - CV and Vestal are two of the best teams in the area. Let's not start the trash talking. Maybe they will see each other again later in the year. Vestal played pretty well, but didn't hit. Bad day or good pitching??

Guest baseball observer

CV has the most depth of any team I have seen this year. Very solid team. They should go very far with the pitching they have. Vestal did not hit against CV and has not cranked it up yet. When the lineup start hitting they will be fine.

Guest Guest
CV has the most depth of any team I have seen this year. Very solid team. They should go very far with the pitching they have. Vestal did not hit against CV and has not cranked it up yet. When the lineup start hitting they will be fine.

Cv will most likely choke like they have in every sport... they have more talent than they know what to do with... they should win it all but they will choke...like the past 3 years in baseball...

Guest Guest
Please - CV and Vestal are two of the best teams in the area. Let's not start the trash talking. Maybe they will see each other again later in the year. Vestal played pretty well, but didn't hit. Bad day or good pitching??

Good, you fell for my point. Harpursville is no slouch yet they were called a much lesser opponent because they were thought not to be on the same level as "high & mighty" CV. Was just feeding some perspective medicine.

Guest Guest
Cv will most likely choke like they have in every sport... they have more talent than they know what to do with... they should win it all but they will choke...like the past 3 years in baseball...

Did we forget our medication?

Are you saying that if a team doesn't win division, sectionals and states, they choked? Guess that applies to every school in the area. I will still put Section 4 in the top echelon of baseball in the state (and in softball as well). It is much easier to trash a team than recognize the talent we have in the area. CV, Windsor, Lansing, Vestal, UE, JC, Horseheads and others have all been good teams for quite a few years now. And the really good news is they play non-league games during the year which helps all the teams get better. Hopefully we have two or three teams from this area that go far this year. We should start being supportive of local teams instead of the crap being spewed throughout BCV.

@

Same as the person above, CV-24 Oneonta -5, cv made a statement that they are the best, and they are until proven otherwise, and oh ya, dont forget about the six homeruns they hit in that game

Guest Guest

on the harpursvile game, they treated it as a practice, not putting in any main men as to not tire them out for the big games after them so thats why it was such a bad game

Guest Guest
on the harpursvile game, they treated it as a practice, not putting in any main men as to not tire them out for the big games after them so thats why it was such a bad game

Let's not get out of control here. CV didn't start their best team, but Harpursville played a very good game. Give them some credit.

CV looked pretty dominant in a 10 - 2 win at Vestal and crushing Oneonta today. Until somebody beats them, you have to say they are the best team right now. One game with a hot pitcher or lack of CV hitting and everybody will start talking about CV being overrated again. The only team in the area in their class that is keeping pace is Lansing who is also undefeated. All you can really say right now is keep it going CV and good luck.

Let's not get out of control here. CV didn't start their best team, but Harpursville played a very good game. Give them some credit.

CV looked pretty dominant in a 10 - 2 win at Vestal and crushing Oneonta today. Until somebody beats them, you have to say they are the best team right now. One game with a hot pitcher or lack of CV hitting and everybody will start talking about CV being overrated again. The only team in the area in their class that is keeping pace is Lansing who is also undefeated. All you can really say right now is keep it going CV and good luck.

Christ, you should be able to kill a class D team with your JV team considering CV is class B.

@

Guest guest

CV wasnt worried about h ville when they played them, the had the wrong mind set and took it as a practice becuase they had vestal the next day. it was probably the worst game the ever played but good teams find ways to win, and they did

Guest Guest
Christ, you should be able to kill a class D team with your JV team considering CV is class B.

@

And Vestal and Binghamton should be able to kill CV considering they are AA. Your logic doesn't work in baseball. A really good D team can beat any other team. A really good B team can beat any other team. Like I said before, give Harpursville some credit - they played a good game.

And Vestal and Binghamton should be able to kill CV considering they are AA. Your logic doesn't work in baseball. A really good D team can beat any other team. A really good B team can beat any other team. Like I said before, give Harpursville some credit - they played a good game.

Yeah, it's funny how the CV crowd at BC Voice looks at those two games. They struggle against Class D Harpursville and say CV had a bad game and took H-ville lightly, then they surprisingly shellac AA Vestal and say CV played a great game.

Maybe Vestal played a poor game and Harpursville played a great game?

In either case, CV is looking very, very good, winning all so far and you have to give them credit for that. Congrats to the team, they seem to be a focused group, but no congrats at all to the fans posting here. CV is not the center of the universe and all does not revolve around the Warriors. If the Warriors should lose a game this season do not cry here that they played poorly. Give credit to the victors. Give credit to your victims too. Do both of those and you earn respect. Fail to do either and you are poor sports.

Guest That's nice

Whatever dude.

Guest Guest
Whatever dude.

You know I'm right - - Dude.

As soon as a team thinks they can't be beat, that's when things go bad. So far, it's only been a few fans who haven't "gotten it" yet. The players seem to be focused. All I can say is good luck to the team and good luck to all the other teams in every division. We are not even half way through the season yet, so don't get caught up in any hype.

Archived