I want out

I am so mad and upset. Why is it the boss can leave early to do whatever he wants because its such a "beautiful day and Friday" but he expects the rest of us to stay cooped up here until 5. This sucks. I want out too. Its just not fair. I'm so damn mad right now I just might quit my job. Only problem, bills to pay, kids to feed.

Guest Guest
I am so mad and upset. Why is it the boss can leave early to do whatever he wants because its such a "beautiful day and Friday" but he expects the rest of us to stay cooped up here until 5. This sucks. I want out too. Its just not fair. I'm so damn mad right now I just might quit my job. Only problem, bills to pay, kids to feed.

LOL. I agree! Happens frequently here. The boss is like, well, done for the day...see you tomorrow. And I'm stuck sitting here reading BCVoice wishing I could go home too.

I think he actually thinks I'm going to sit here and work and do all his crap while he's out enjoying himself. Absolutely not. I would have been more than happy to leave early and have my pay docked but he wants me here, so here I am, on BCVoice.

Guest Guest
I think he actually thinks I'm going to sit here and work and do all his crap while he's out enjoying himself. Absolutely not. I would have been more than happy to leave early and have my pay docked but he wants me here, so here I am, on BCVoice.

I had a job as a foreman and found that if I worked along side the workers , they worked harder and had more respect for me . I now have my own company and I do the same thing your boss has pulled . I feel bad for you , but , he is the boss and it does suck.

I had a job as a foreman and found that if I worked along side the workers , they worked harder and had more respect for me . I now have my own company and I do the same thing your boss has pulled . I feel bad for you , but , he is the boss and it does suck.

Totally true. I have absolutely no respect for the man and actually I look everyday for a new job. Just posted my resume again today. Something will come up eventually and I'll be able to get out of here. You can't ask someone to do something your not willing to do yourself.

Guest Guest

It's the tired, old "Boss vs. worker" debate.

What you're not considering is that business owners often put up their whole lives to get their biz started and going. Their time, energy and they assume a financial risk that not many of us are willing to take on.

Over time, some people (about 15% or less) are successful. I know a few of them. They're in their 40's and 50's. Some of them only work what we would consider part time now.

It's their prerogative to do with their time what they want to once they can afford to take time off. You and I had the same opportunity years ago, and still do now. It's what life in America is all about.

I don't begrudge any businessperson extra time off if they've put in the time and energy it takes to build their biz. The ones who haven't and are taking unfair advantage....well......that's another story.

Guest Guesto1

That all depends.... Does your boss "OWN" the company or is he just working for someone else?

If he does own it than he can do WHATEVER he wants because you are his worker and that is what you are there for.....

If someone else owns the company then what do they think about him leaving early?

AND if you don't like what is going on then LEAVE!!!!!!

People like you are the reason that my company has a software program to check how long people are spending on the intranet..... I guess your boss should do the same to you becasue your

work ethic SUCKS!!!

@

That all depends.... Does your boss "OWN" the company or is he just working for someone else?

If he does own it than he can do WHATEVER he wants because you are his worker and that is what you are there for.....

If someone else owns the company then what do they think about him leaving early?

AND if you don't like what is going on then LEAVE!!!!!!

People like you are the reason that my company has a software program to check how long people are spending on the intranet..... I guess your boss should do the same to you becasue your

work ethic SUCKS!!!

@

Maybe her work was done and they just needed her to be physically there and she didn't want to be . You sound like one of those people that would sexual harass someone if you had a company of your own ... :o

Guest Guest

Start a business and be the boss.

If not, then do your job. Don't whine because you are an employee and not an employer.

Lazy American DELETED. WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, my boss gets to leave early.

Deal with it whiner.

Ummmm . . . because he is the boss. ;)

TWS

If he owns the company, ahh your out of luck.

BUT if he works for someone else like you do...LMAO..try this one, start paging him, every 5 or 10 minutes. When he does not answer, go ask if anyone has seen him ( you know he left so don't worry ).

Sooner or later, it'll catch up, what goes around comes around.

@

happening again. Another nice Friday and the boss leaves at 1:30 and says to stay here. No he doesn't own the company, but his daddy does. He doesn't put in a 20 hour week, I swear. Takes 3/4 hour lunches everyday. And, I don't want to hear anything about posting while at work, he turned me on to this sight, he's on here all the time. I just can't wait to get another job, soon I hope, but then again, I'll have to work and won't have time to be on BCVoice anymore. Which to choose??????? A decent job with a decent boss would be nice.

Anyone hiring?

Oh yeah, on Administrative Assistant Day (wednesday) didn't even get acknowledged. Nothing, nada, not even a hey, happy secretary's day. BUM.

Guest Darn it!

Boss can be defined as: To be or act as a supervisor or controlling element. It's called power :angry::angry::angry:

he turned me on to this sight, he's on here all the time. I just can't wait to get another job, soon I hope, but then again, I'll have to work and won't have time to be on BCVoice anymore. Which to choose??????? A decent job with a decent boss would be nice.

Anyone hiring?

Oh yeah, on Administrative Assistant Day (wednesday) didn't even get acknowledged. Nothing, nada, not even a hey, happy secretary's day.

You should be looking a lot harder for different employment with that attitude. He may have already read your post here and is just waiting for you to mess up and BLOW your chances of unemployment benefits.

BTW....you don't think anyone thats reading all this would hire you do you?

Boss can be defined as: To be or act as a supervisor or controlling element. It's called power :angry::angry::angry:

He's not here long enough to supervise anything and he's just riding daddy's coat tails, he has no power, he thinks he does but he has to run everything by daddy first, he doesn't even sign the paychecks. Unfortunately, I'm supposed to work for him, hench all my time to be able to post here. Not much to do when he's not here to give me work. I can't just make stuff up and the other girls in the office have nothing more to give me to do. I've been bumming work off them for months.

I just need to get a new job.

You should be looking a lot harder for different employment with that attitude. He may have already read your post here and is just waiting for you to mess up and BLOW your chances of unemployment benefits.

BTW....you don't think anyone thats reading all this would hire you do you?

If I had work to do, I wouldn't be on here.

Guest Guest
happening again. Another nice Friday and the boss leaves at 1:30 and says to stay here. No he doesn't own the company, but his daddy does. He doesn't put in a 20 hour week, I swear. Takes 3/4 hour lunches everyday. And, I don't want to hear anything about posting while at work, he turned me on to this sight, he's on here all the time. I just can't wait to get another job, soon I hope, but then again, I'll have to work and won't have time to be on BCVoice anymore. Which to choose??????? A decent job with a decent boss would be nice.

Anyone hiring?

Oh yeah, on Administrative Assistant Day (wednesday) didn't even get acknowledged. Nothing, nada, not even a hey, happy secretary's day. BUM.

I didn't get a happy Administrative Assistant Day acknowledgement either! In another department I worked they went all out! Not this one! Oh well! The stress level is much different! Actually there's none so I'll take that as my thank you!

@

Guest Guest

I am a boss who left early today. However, I was also in the office 2 hours before it opened. The rest of the staff came in when the office opened. So I don't feel bad leaving an hour early.

Archived