Hs Hockey

Guest bpoi

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who writes the stories in the P&SB about vestal's games? The byline says from staff reports, but they look like they're written by a kid. Whoever it is needs some style and grammar lessons.

Al Viera writes the Vestal Hockey Press write ups. That is why everything Frank Viera does on the ice is described down to the last detail. Even today when Vestal lost, Al managed to describe Frank's tying goal. Perhaps Jon Yureka's winning goal should have been described instead!! NEPOTISM!!

Al Viera writes the Vestal Hockey Press write ups. That is why everything Frank Viera does on the ice is described down to the last detail. Even today when Vestal lost, Al managed to describe Frank's tying goal. Perhaps Jon Yureka's winning goal should have been described instead!! NEPOTISM!!

We all have known that. They must have somebody at WBNG too.

The difference between JC team and Vestal team was shown on Sports Overtime last night. JC young man talked about playing well as a TEAM. Vestal young man talked about their first line.

Guest ya boi SM

I'm gonna give this one to JC if they keep playing like they have been they can do any thing , they have some of the best defenders in the league not only that but they all know how to go offense and defense. so who ever makes it watch out cus JC's gonna bring it on the ice and in the stands...

GO WILDCATS!

What is up with the p&sb stories? Aren't writers supposed to be unbiased and balanced? Go back and look at the stories about the vestal games- breathtaking pass, awesomwe shot, unbelievable saves. None of this stuff was written about the other teams. It is ridiculously obvious that vestal is receiving special treatment in the paper. The purpose of HS athletics is to promote teamwork and accomplishment. Whoever is writing the vestal stories is implying that the other teams and players are less important than vestal. What words can we use to describe the stories and whoever (or is it whomever?) is responsible for their content? Biased, unbalanced, unsportsmanlike, juvenile...I would need a thesaurus. Is it really the father of a vestal player, who happens to be in a management position at the p&sb? Is unprofessional reporting/editing a perk of his job? Maybe his boss should have a talk with him and remind him of what professional writing is supposed to look like. I would be embarassed if my father stooped to this level.

Archived