Hs Hockey

Guest bpoi

Haha 2 years ago, this JC team wouldnt make it past the 2nd round of playoffs... the league is watered down, but it was a good win. vestal shoulda been in it if they had a decent goalie, he is terrrible

Nice of you to single somebody out. You're saying that all the teams suck., including vestal, jc and cv. Being anonymous sure gives some people big mouths.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well both games were capacity.. and I actually think it was the first game, but maybe wrong... there were not nearly as many fans there last night as then.... not that it matters at all, but its true haha

That Sunday was a warm day the game was in the afternoon. I went to only because it was a beautiful day to go some where. In this area weather is a big factor in attendance. This game was on a snowy Fri night. Still alot of JC fans were there.haha

That Sunday was a warm day the game was in the afternoon. I went to only because it was a beautiful day to go some where. In this area weather is a big factor in attendance. This game was on a snowy Fri night. Still alot of JC fans were there.haha

lol both schools were there.. i saw a bunch of kids at this years game but not nearly as many.. it was still fun tho

why doesnt any school district in broome county have a real hockey team that plays for the high school state championship? the ithaca high school hockey program play intersholastically in a real league. there is some good hockey talent with some of these teams in the broome county league so why not make a club sport (which essentially this is) into a bonified scholastic sport if the opportunity is there?

why doesnt any school district in broome county have a real hockey team that plays for the high school state championship? the ithaca high school hockey program play intersholastically in a real league. there is some good hockey talent with some of these teams in the broome county league so why not make a club sport (which essentially this is) into a bonified scholastic sport if the opportunity is there?

Liability if someone gets hurt

Guest Guest

NO ONE CARES WHO THE BEST PLAYERS ARE? You keep brining this topic up for no reason, but just to hear your names. Christ let it die out, you guys won the championship 2-3 weeks ago. I dont think any team brags that much and tries to get that much attension for winning a "high school" championship. Please just let it die out. Thank you.

Guest Guest
NO ONE CARES WHO THE BEST PLAYERS ARE? You keep brining this topic up for no reason, but just to hear your names. Christ let it die out, you guys won the championship 2-3 weeks ago. I dont think any team brags that much and tries to get that much attension for winning a "high school" championship. Please just let it die out. Thank you.

Then you must not do alot of reading here . Look at all the teams that brag on this forum! You got people talking next seasons football. But you might be right that somebody might want to see his name.

Guest Guest

esp when the team isnt that good compared to years past!

Guest Guest

Everybody congratulated JC at the banquet except for vestal. The vestal coach "thanked" them for winning the championship. Just couldn't bring themselves down to the level of everyone else. The lack of class that has surfaced at vestal in the last couple of months is amazing. Of course it's not everyone associated with vestal, but those that do display class and sportsmanship are embarrassed by those who don't.

Guest Guest
Everybody congratulated JC at the banquet except for vestal. The vestal coach "thanked" them for winning the championship. Just couldn't bring themselves down to the level of everyone else. The lack of class that has surfaced at vestal in the last couple of months is amazing. Of course it's not everyone associated with vestal, but those that do display class and sportsmanship are embarrassed by those who don't.

Probably embarassed that they were took out by CV.

Guest Guest
DELETED

this is the funniest quote I have ever seen. What grade are you in? You can't even spell... it kind of ruins your credibility. But really, it is about time some team other than Vestal/UE wins a championship. The power had to stop sometime. Talk your s^t when you are in the finals year after year.

Guest Guest

I was at the banquet and did hear what Vestal's Coach said and I do believe he probably meant to say congratulations to JC and it just came out wrong. I also know he had been out of town for the weekend and may have been a bit worn out. Coach Laubisch is a good person and a good coach. He coached my younger son in the house and select leagues. So don't hold it against him for not saying what you wanted him to say or wanted to hear from him. By the way, I am from JC hockey and am supporting Coach Laubisch as I know what type of coach and person he is and don't think it is right to attack him like that by any means. I do believe your comments may need to be directed at a few select players on Vestal and not the coaching staff.

What I think is sad is that most of CV's team was not present at the banquet and I do realize some were at a tournament but know others were not. Coming in 2nd is a big deal and you would think they would have wanted to be there to get their awards as well.

In any event, the season is over so lets move on to the spring sports now.

Guest guest

Do you know what I find appalling I was at the banquet and when the CV kids were announced for 2nd place, the only people clapping were the parents from CV. Our boys played just as hard as anyone else and we deserved to be wear we were. So what you will, but I think I could have heard a penny drop. I also, do find it upsetting that not only did we only have 9 boys there representing our team, but our own coach didn't show up. Thank you Mr. Kinney and Mr. Maerkl for showing up and supporting our team.

Guest Guest
I was at the banquet and did hear what Vestal's Coach said and I do believe he probably meant to say congratulations to JC and it just came out wrong. I also know he had been out of town for the weekend and may have been a bit worn out. Coach Laubisch is a good person and a good coach. He coached my younger son in the house and select leagues. So don't hold it against him for not saying what you wanted him to say or wanted to hear from him. By the way, I am from JC hockey and am supporting Coach Laubisch as I know what type of coach and person he is and don't think it is right to attack him like that by any means. I do believe your comments may need to be directed at a few select players on Vestal and not the coaching staff.

What I think is sad is that most of CV's team was not present at the banquet and I do realize some were at a tournament but know others were not. Coming in 2nd is a big deal and you would think they would have wanted to be there to get their awards as well.

In any event, the season is over so lets move on to the spring sports now.

Guest Guest

nice try on the defense of the vestal coach. it was obviously intentional. you're trying to tell 400 people that they diodn't hear what they heard

Guest Guest
Do you know what I find appalling I was at the banquet and when the CV kids were announced for 2nd place, the only people clapping were the parents from CV. Our boys played just as hard as anyone else and we deserved to be wear we were. So what you will, but I think I could have heard a penny drop. I also, do find it upsetting that not only did we only have 9 boys there representing our team, but our own coach didn't show up. Thank you Mr. Kinney and Mr. Maerkl for showing up and supporting our team.

You could hear a penny drop because CV was and is the most hated team in the league - and I use the word "team" very loosely.

Guest Guest
You could hear a penny drop because CV was and is the most hated team in the league - and I use the word "team" very loosely.

You are right on the money with that statement. Couldn't have said it any better!

Guest Guest
nice try on the defense of the vestal coach. it was obviously intentional. you're trying to tell 400 people that they diodn't hear what they heard

Ok so like you never thought one thing and said another. I will say what he said confused me at 1st but I myself (as others may have too) took it with a grain of salt that it just came in wrong. Not everyone is perfect. Any yes I will continue to defend the coach as I know him personally(apparently you don't) and he is a good person from my perspective so let it be.

Archived