average water/sewer billings

Guest the virginian

Guest the virginian

In the city of Binghamton, what does the average family of 4 people pay for yearly water/ sewer fees? I'm just very curious.

Guest Guest

I also have a water question.

What will the average price per gallon of water be in Binghamton when the rate hikes go through?

I am wondering if it would be cheaper to buy some gallons of water at the store to supplement.

Guest Guest
In the city of Binghamton, what does the average family of 4 people pay for yearly water/ sewer fees? I'm just very curious.

None of your business how much I pay. why don't you tell us how much you pay?

What will the average price per gallon of water be in Binghamton when the rate hikes go through?

I am wondering if it would be cheaper to buy some gallons of water at the store to supplement.

The new rate will be $2.99 for 748 gallons. You would pay an average of $1.25 for a 16 ounce of bottled water. It would not be cheaper to supplement with bottled water.

Guest Guest
The new rate will be $2.99 for 748 gallons. You would pay an average of $1.25 for a 16 ounce of bottled water. It would not be cheaper to supplement with bottled water.

I think the dude was being sarcastic bud. Or at least I hope he was...

Guest Guest

There is only one way to protest the outrageous water increase. (And, no -- it does not involve hooking up with Crazy Eddie.)

1. Reduce your toilet flushing to once a day.

2. Shower only once a week.

Note: In following the above, make sure to also attend every meeting, press conference, etc. where Matt Ryan is in attendance. Let him smell the full "ripeness" of the direction the city is heading.

3. Do not plant any flowers around your house. If you have any currently, rip them up.

4. Allow your lawn to turn a deep shade of brown.

Guest Guest

People buy bottled water because they think it is more pure with less chemicals. But it has been found that some bottled water is straight from regular taps.

It has to be 20 times more expensive to buy a gallon of water than to draw a gallon from a faucet in the city of Binghamton.

Guest Guest

This would actually be an excellent opportunity for those living outside of Binghamton -- especially if you rent.

Offer to sell water from your apartment to Binghamtonians for X amount per gallon. :P

Guest Guest

People buy bottled water because they think it is more pure with less chemicals. But it has been found that some bottled water is straight from regular taps.

The new rate will be $2.99 for 748 Gallons!

Thats $.004 cents a gallon!

Thats 40 cents fo 100 gallons of water!

Guest Guest

The new rate will be $2.99 for 748 Gallons!

Thats $.004 cents a gallon!

Thats 40 cents fo 100 gallons of water!

So, you are suggesting people selling water from their apartments outside of Binghamton should sell for 30 cents per 100 gallons to remain competitive?

Guest Guest

Drill your own well, pay to have it pumped out of the ground and then pay for treatment so that the water is usable then bitch about how much salt and filters cost and when your pump burns up. Get over it and be happy you have water!

Guest Guest
Drill your own well, pay to have it pumped out of the ground and then pay for treatment so that the water is usable then bitch about how much salt and filters cost and when your pump burns up. Get over it and be happy you have water!

Spoken just like a slave master!

Family of four:

Water - $66.50

Sewer - $68.75

Total - $135.25

Of note:

We have a high efficiency washer and run a load of dishes in the dish washer a day. It will go up during the summer for things like washing the cars, watering the yard (which I do sparingly), and watering flowers and shrubs. Last summer, I believe that I had a bill that was about $100 more.

TWS

Guest Guest
Family of four:

Water - $66.50

Sewer - $68.75

Total - $135.25

Of note:

We have a high efficiency washer and run a load of dishes in the dish washer a day. It will go up during the summer for things like washing the cars, watering the yard (which I do sparingly), and watering flowers and shrubs. Last summer, I believe that I had a bill that was about $100 more.

TWS

Is that a 4 month bill or your annual total?

Guest Guest

When I lived in PA - My well was going dry! Plus the water had a high sulphur content and smelled like rotten eggs.

There is water shortages in a lot of areas of the US - Like sections of Colorado, Arizona, Atlanta GA area, etc.

Guest Guest
When I lived in PA - My well was going dry! Plus the water had a high sulphur content and smelled like rotten eggs.

There is water shortages in a lot of areas of the US - Like sections of Colorado, Arizona, Atlanta GA area, etc.

What does that have to do with the price of water in Bingo?

Are those that moved to these places going to come back?

Guest Guest
What does that have to do with the price of water in Bingo?

Are those that moved to these places going to come back?

Just saying at least we have an adequate supply of water and some areas of the country have a shortage.

Archived