If Massey wants skateboarders to roam freely.........

Guest Tony Hawker4A9042

Leave the damn scateboarders alone. there not hurting anyone or anything. If they get destructive then deal with it then. these kids could be out raising hell or getting into trouble. They could be sitting on there butts playing video games but choose to be outside. Give them credit for something.

Guest Trump

You could have expressed your opposition to the legislation without attacking gays. Now no one will take this thread seriously.

For the reasons I stated in the other thread I don't support this legislation:

I was in attendance at the meeting in January when an angry skateboarder addressed council. After he spoke, he was bombarded by Andrew Block and Sean Massey.

Why aren't all speakers given that same attention?

From the testimonial of "that brave, young man" a skateboarding coalition was formed, resulting in this proposed legislation.

Here are my problems:

1) Skate boarders already flout the existing law. I cannot begin to explain how often I see skateboarder all over the city, especially downtown. The corner of Court and Water Streets seem to be a popular gathering place.

2) What distinguishes a skateboarder using their board for transportation from a boarder using their board to perform tricks?

3) The police already have their hands full with drug dealers, prostitutes, and other criminals. Now a cop must watch a boarder long enough to distinguish exactly what they are using their board for?

4) This creates a liability for the city. Our infrastructure is poor. Very poor. Once the first boarder falls and hurts himself, the city (tax payers) will be open to a lawsuit. That sets a dangerous precedent.

I seriously doubt Mr. Massey would want a group of skateboarders hanging outside his new bar. Nor would Ms. Rennia want skateboarders outside her business. Interestlingly enough, both businesses are located downtown.. So neither Massey or Rennia have to worry about the boarders. This "not in my backyard" BS needs to stop! What about the businesses on Main Street? "Southbridge"? The Binghamton Plaza? Upper Court Street?

@

Guest Guest
DELETED

OMG When I rose this AM I was pretty sure it was 2008, but I think I was wrong - after reading the above message, I am convinced it must be 1955. It's just not possible for anyone to be so ignorant on these subjects in 2008. or is it? heaven help us all, this poster is a menace, please oh please do not allow it to breed.

HEY MODS - what's with the potty mouthed post? Why no editing?

Guest Guest
Leave the damn scateboarders alone. there not hurting anyone or anything. If they get destructive then deal with it then. these kids could be out raising hell or getting into trouble. They could be sitting on there butts playing video games but choose to be outside. Give them credit for something.

I agree, leave them alone. If an incident occurs, deal with it then. Leave the kids alone for pete's sake! What is WRONG with you people? Geez.

OMG When I rose this AM I was pretty sure it was 2008, but I think I was wrong - after reading the above message, I am convinced it must be 1955. It's just not possible for anyone to be so ignorant on these subjects in 2008. or is it? heaven help us all, this poster is a menace, please oh please do not allow it to breed.

HEY MODS - what's with the potty mouthed post? Why no editing?

I'm telling

@

Guest Guest
Bush has friends in the skateboard business once a law is passed allowing people to ride them the price of skateboards will go up 1,000%.LOOK OUT...SNIPER

More simple minded moronocity from the King.

Guest Guest
You could have expressed your opposition to the legislation without attacking gays. Now no one will take this thread seriously.

@

You just made Cola shoot out my nose.

The thought that anyone takes any of these threads seriously is really funny, dude.

@

Guest Guest
You just made Cola shoot out my nose.

The thought that anyone takes any of these threads seriously is really funny, dude.

@

no DELETED! where else can you real such moronic verbal blasts? Gotta love the idiots - at least for some laughter!

Guest Guest
Who cares where they skate and what they skate on? There are much bigger fish to fry in Binghamton than skateboarders.

While crime, water rates and taxes are all on the rise, our elected officials think they can "smoke and mirrors" us into believing they are actually doing something productive about the many problems the city faces.

Clowns, all.

@

Archived