Outdoor Burning banned until further notice

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Outdoor burning banned in Broome

Fiala declares state of emergency

BROOME COUNTY -- Executive Barbara Fiala declared a state of emergency in Broome County late this afternoon and banned all outdoor burning and recreational outdoor fires. The ban comes as a lack of rain and warmer temperatures have increased the risk of brush fires, which have kept local firefighters busy in recent days.

Some brush fire have resulted in destruction of buildings in the past three days, said Broome Emergency Services and Fire Coordinator Brett Chellis.

-- Jim Wright

Guest Guest
We must be allowed to burn anything we want any time we want. Period.

Sure you can, just dont call 911 if it gets out of control, else you can bet there will surely be a cop showing up at your doorstep with a nice fat ticket and fine with your name on it.

Guest Guest
Oh thanks,I'm sorry for being so dumb,I was without oxygen for a full 8 minutes so now I'm a Democrat.

I am starting to like you.

That was so funny I shot diet pepsi out of my nose.

Outdoor burning banned in Broome

Fiala declares state of emergency

BROOME COUNTY -- Executive Barbara Fiala declared a state of emergency in Broome County late this afternoon and banned all outdoor burning and recreational outdoor fires. The ban comes as a lack of rain and warmer temperatures have increased the risk of brush fires, which have kept local firefighters busy in recent days.

Some brush fire have resulted in destruction of buildings in the past three days, said Broome Emergency Services and Fire Coordinator Brett Chellis.

-- Jim Wright

Barb Fiala is a blatant moron!

Guest Guest
Oh thanks,I'm sorry for being so dumb,I was without oxygen for a full 8 minutes so now I'm a Democrat.

Too bad it wasn't for ten minutes, Binghamton can use another Republican.

Guest Guest
Barb Fiala is a blatant moron!

Because she put out a burning ban? Its dry out there and some people are dumb! I saw a guy burning leaves yesterday 3 feet from his house while talking on the phone with his back to the fire. Dumb people out there!

Because she put out a burning ban? Its dry out there and some people are dumb! I saw a guy burning leaves yesterday 3 feet from his house while talking on the phone with his back to the fire. Dumb people out there!

So there is a good reason to ban ALL OUTSIDE BURNING! Because you saw a guy burning leaves. It is dry out there every year and there are always mishaps, that doesn't constitute a county wide ban one burning.

Around fall time the deer go into Rut and automobile/deer accidents increase so let's ban all driving until the deer get through rut! A little extreme but the same thing!

Archived