CV School Board

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

John Hussar (head of the present board) is seeking his second, five-year term.

Three other newcomers are running for school board including Kathleen Clapper, Steven Randall and Stuart Elliott

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
John Hussar (head of the present board) is seeking his second, five-year term.

Three other newcomers are running for school board including Kathleen Clapper, Steven Randall and Stuart Elliott

Good luck - I would go with Husar and Elliott. Little too much chlorine in he Clapper and Randall gene pool to put it nicely

Guest CV Guy

I cannot understand why ANYONE would vote for Hussar. This whole $3 million shortfall happened on his watch. He (and the rest of the Board) should be sent packing. In any case, Hussar should not be rewarded with a second term. Elliott came to my door also. He seems to have a good grasp on the situation.

Guest guest
I cannot understand why ANYONE would vote for Hussar. This whole $3 million shortfall happened on his watch. He (and the rest of the Board) should be sent packing. In any case, Hussar should not be rewarded with a second term. Elliott came to my door also. He seems to have a good grasp on the situation.
? What are you talking about? How do you know that it happened on his watch? It is my understanding that the current board is not responsible for the situation, that in fact, this involved miscalculations and poor judgement going back 5 or 6 years ago. If you have different information...share it.

Guest Guest
? What are you talking about? How do you know that it happened on his watch? It is my understanding that the current board is not responsible for the situation, that in fact, this involved miscalculations and poor judgement going back 5 or 6 years ago. If you have different information...share it.

Are you nuts?

Did you read the Audit?

The CV Board sat on the info about the budget gap for months.

The deficit did happen on the current boards watch. School can not run a budget shortfall of that much over an extended period of time. Unlike the federal or state government - school have to be accountable for every dime every year. Audits are done on a regular basis.

The board and it's prez should have questioned the super more. The work sessions should have shown that the predictions of more state aid were out of line with traditional aid. 5-6% increase would be in line but with 1 and 1/2 million out of line for state aid - the board were fooled into believing a 16-17% increase was coming.

40% of a 30 million budget is about 13.5 million. Predicting the traditional amount given to CV, an increase on 4-6% was in order.

With 1.5 million missing after the state aid came - that's around 16-17%.

That's mismanagement - clearly! The present board is at fault.

Guest guest
Are you nuts?

Did you read the Audit?

The deficit did happen on the current boards watch. School can not run a budget shortfall of that much over an extended period of time. Unlike the federal or state government - school have to be accountable for every dime every year. Audits are done on a regular basis.

The board and it's prez should have questioned the super more. The work sessions should have shown that the predictions of more state aid were out of line with traditional aid. 5-6% increase would be in line but with 1 and 1/2 million out of line for state aid - the board were fooled into believing a 16-17% increase was coming.

40% of a 30 million budget is about 13.5 million. Predicting the traditional amount given to CV, an increase on 4-6% was in order.

Am I nuts? Occasionally, but, you are still wrong. Yes, they sat on the results of the audit, and you can certainly fault them for this. But the mismanagement is not theirs. Maintaining the status quo tax wise and taking from the forbidden pot of gold happened a few years ago. The 3+ million did not just disappear on their watch. Also, please remember. The board members are unpaid volunteers. They give countless hours of their precious time to benefit the school. Go to the board meeting tomorrow and ask questions.

Guest CV Dad
Are you nuts?

Did you read the Audit?

AGREED! To give Hussar a pass on this whole fiasco is outrageous. He's the president of the Board for heaven's sake! Its impossible that he wasn't aware of this........yet he and the others clammed up about the whole matter. The bottom line is that the Board of Education is accountable. Two words for CV voters: New Blood!

Guest guest
Am I nuts? Occasionally, but, you are still wrong. Yes, they sat on the results of the audit, and you can certainly fault them for this. But the mismanagement is not theirs. Maintaining the status quo tax wise and taking from the forbidden pot of gold happened a few years ago. The 3+ million did not just disappear on their watch. Also, please remember. The board members are unpaid volunteers. They give countless hours of their precious time to benefit the school. Go to the board meeting tomorrow and ask questions.

Amazing. Do you call last year's 5.7% increase in the district's tax levy a "status quo tax"?????????????????

@

Guest guest
I like Elliott. Came to my house - seems like a good guy

I like Elliott too since he came to my door last week. It means something when a school board candidate actually gets out and talks with people. How much does that happen?

Guest Guest
I like Elliott too since he came to my door last week. It means something when a school board candidate actually gets out and talks with people. How much does that happen?

How much? A lot during the campaign. Never after it.

Guest Guest-kbear-*

Boy are you wrong!! Try four other consecutive school boards

Guest Guest-kbear-*
Are you nuts?

Did you read the Audit?

Please don't trip over your own stupidity. Even Prior years (plural) didn't discove the accounting errors.by independent outside auditors. I'm quite sure when you make a mistake you have an immediate answer.

Guest Guest
Please don't trip over your own stupidity. Even Prior years (plural) didn't discove the accounting errors.by independent outside auditors. I'm quite sure when you make a mistake you have an immediate answer.

I don't make a 3 million $ mistake. Saying you don't know as an elected official is a terrible excuse - losing 3 million dollars on a 30 million budget is not a small amount. People go to jail for that kind of mis-management.

Guest Guest

I think it's only wishing about an answer tonight at the board meeting. They are going to get the loan from the state and then they will move on. No one is accountable. It just happened. Watch - that will be the boards response.

Will we ever have a board that will take responsibility for what they are suppose to do? I fear not!

Guest Guest
Amazing. Do you call last year's 5.7% increase in the district's tax levy a "status quo tax"?????????????????

@

No, I wasn't referring to last year's increase. This whole mess began 5 or 6 years ago. It is very easy to look to this board and point fingers, but it did not occur on their watch.

Guest guest
No, I wasn't referring to last year's increase. This whole mess began 5 or 6 years ago. It is very easy to look to this board and point fingers, but it did not occur on their watch.

And how many years has Hussar been on the Board? At least 5 since he is currently running for re-election. Your defense of Hussar is ill-advised. The district doesn't need to re-cycle the same people over and over on the Board. We need new competent members. And Hussar is not that.

Guest Guest

But they did nothing about it!

Watching a crime happen is a crime!

Get rid of the prez of the board.

Guest guest
Where do get those facts from, Hussar is fine. Let's stop slinging mud and start applauding the board for discovering the issue, investigating it and reporting to the public when they had all the FACTS straight. Before anyone else writes another comment they better be damn sure they do their homework and have their facts straight, hey it might take SIX months to gather your information before YOU can report your findings to the public!

@

Nice spin. Keep the public in the dark until you "have all the facts". UNACCEPTABLE!

Guest Guest
Where do get those facts from, Hussar is fine. Let's stop slinging mud and start applauding the board for discovering the issue, investigating it and reporting to the public when they had all the FACTS straight. Before anyone else writes another comment they better be damn sure they do their homework and have their facts straight, hey it might take SIX months to gather your information before YOU can report your findings to the public!

@

Congrads - you are part of a $3,000,000 fleecing of the CV tax payers. Good job.

While you're at it - please steal my car, kill my dog, and have sex with my daughter.

I'll wait 6 months before before it will come up. I know you are all noble men - I trust you.

Oh - LOL on reporting it to the public!

The Pravda and Sun Bulletin have to use FOIL to get the info. Nothing hidden there.

Look - it only took a couple minutes - I'm good.

Hey - I have a 3 MILLION $ mud pie for sale. Want to buy it???? It will take me 6 months to make it.

Guest Guest

@

Why?

What are you going to do to me - 6 months from now!

Guest Purveyor of Truth
Nice spin. Keep the public in the dark until you "have all the facts". UNACCEPTABLE!

Spin? How can you be so certain that Hussar is the one to blame? Or that he has filed for bankruptcy? He has only been president for one year, couldn't past presidents have uncovered this erroneous error? You don't loose 3 million dollars in one year. Perhaps the only reason this error was found was because Hussar is a sound business man. Furthermore what do you know about school politics and policy are you privy to all the information discussed? Are you the absolute authority? It seems as though your presenting much of your information as "Facts" but where is your proof? What are your sources? If you don't have any then you have no grounds in which to speak on.

Guest guest

The BO and administration acted responsibly. They found the error, and immediately acted upon it. Just because that didn't include releasing the information prematurely doesn't mean they were wrong. It was a judgement call, and the community volunteers - your neighbors - agreed that it would be prudent to work with the state comptroller's office and others to get to the bottom of the problem, and initiate a plan of action to remedy it. My best guess is that you would have been the first to jump on the bandwagon to condemn them even if they had released the information immediately. There's just no winning with some people.

Archived