CV School Board

Guest Guest

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest
It's pretty obvious that Stu Elliot can't do a worse job than the current Board has done. I'm giving him my vote.

Ditto. I know Stu also. And the observation made that people should call him/talk to him is a good suggestion. He is extremely open and is well-intentioned. I am convinced that he can start the process of turning this Board around. He has my vote and my neighbors.

@

Guest Guest
Ditto. I know Stu also. And the observation made that people should call him/talk to him is a good suggestion. He is extremely open and is well-intentioned. I am convinced that he can start the process of turning this Board around. He has my vote and my neighbors.

@

Stu should have been on the board last year.

Guest Guest

Who ever is elected must do something about the % increases. My dad may have to sell his house if it continues. His fixed income can't take any more of the increases!

@

Guest Guest

The whole thing is absurd. Someone needs to step up and take the blame for this mess and the taxpayers should not be the ones who have to clean it up. There are many people on fixed incomes that this is going to hurt hard. High officials that get paid too much to let this go on need to make the taxpayers aware that they screwed up. The 14% increase is nothing to them to have to pay. What if it was a 12 million dollar deficit?

Guest Guest
Footsteps? Nah, all I hear is a wanna be board member licking his chops. This opportunist is not the white knight, lol! Look, I don't even know Hussar. I'm basing my primary judgement on Elliot's presentation at the Board Meeting. He wasn't able to speak intelligently, and it appeared to me, that he was trying to stir things up rather than present a level headed course of action. Hussar may not be the right choice either. But before everyone jumps on this guy's bandwagon, I think they need to take a closer look. I for one, would like to have someone on the board with more accounting experience, but it looks like that's not gonna happen. So, from what there is to choose from, I hope we get the person with some expertise, who is able to rationally present his views and work cooperatively with the other board members. IMO, that's not Elliot.

@

yes, hussar has plenty of experience, bankruptcy experience that is.; his accounting goes somehting like this, "now let's see who i can screw this time, maybe the taxpayers, maybe the rest of the board, maybe the superintendent, etc. yes, that is hussar's accounting experience.

Guest CV Guy

I wasn't at the Board meeting, but the Stew Elliott I know would be great for this district. He's easy to talk to and will talk about just about anything. And I do know that he is passionate about eliminating the whole closed-door, hush-hush attitude of the current group. He's right. Enough with the secrets. CV has always had a reputation for secrecy and withholding information. Elliot would blow that whole mindset away.

Archived