BASKETBALL SEASON!

Guest the new guy

Guest fact checker

"1. You don't pick your division for the Stop DWI tourney, they put you in one - so the best you can do is win the division you're placed in

"

Right, the tournament organizers new Vestal is down this year and dropped them out of the top division, down to the division ME always plays in. That's the division they always put the MAC teams in with the 2nd level STAC teams. I like the word the other guy used, the "JV" division. Congrats to ME for winning the JV division a few times.

If you are going to disparage players and their schools..at least take the time to bellitle the right ones...maine endwell won three championships..you continue to rate the blevel of competition..i will correctly identify them... windsor...chenago forks.... vestal...NOT MAC... BUT .. STAC..TEAMS...feel free to continue your belittling of the spartans..the one team you continually can identify correctly...if not their accomplishments..

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are going to disparage players and their schools..at least take the time to bellitle the right ones...maine endwell won three championships..you continue to rate the blevel of competition..i will correctly identify them... windsor...chenago forks.... vestal...NOT MAC... BUT .. STAC..TEAMS...feel free to continue your belittling of the spartans..the one team you continually can identify correctly...if not their accomplishments..

Ha ha, thanks for making my point. Windsor 0-11. CF probably 1-10 (beat Windsor). Vestal, a little down this year. Oxford and Sidney are both MAC teams. If memory serves correctly, the JV division where ME is typically placed is usually 2 MAC schools and 2 weaker STAC schools. Just to keep it interesting. As far as diparaging, it all started by someone bragging about 3 DWI championships. It works both ways I guess.

Guest Alfalfa

There is a pretty big game tonight, Binghamton at U-E. I think it will be very close, and can go either way. The Patriots have been hot lately, and may be able to pull out the game. Eric Edwards is the key for Binghamton, and KJ Rose, obviously, the main man for U-E.

There is a pretty big game tonight, Binghamton at U-E. I think it will be very close, and can go either way. The Patriots have been hot lately, and may be able to pull out the game. Eric Edwards is the key for Binghamton, and KJ Rose, obviously, the main man for U-E.

Binghamton had their chances, but with little perimeter shooting, untimely turnovers, and some tough, gutsy play by U-E in the 4th quarter, it all went down the drain. Eric Edwards and Walter Sampson played well for the Pats, but KJ is just super, and Krowiak, King, and Noelle did a good job as well.

Guest fact checker

Ha ha, thanks for making my point. Windsor 0-11. CF probably 1-10 (beat Windsor). Vestal, a little down this year. Oxford and Sidney are both MAC teams. If memory serves correctly, the JV division where ME is typically placed is usually 2 MAC schools and 2 weaker STAC schools. Just to keep it interesting. As far as diparaging, it all started by someone bragging about 3 DWI championships. It works both ways I guess.

Is ignorance bliss??..If so my son ,enjoy..enjoy.. you showed us this years records of teams maine endwell beat in....2008...2009...and 2010..for their three dwi championships..can you possibly show us the relevance??.. also apparently maine endwell has been better than their other ..jv.. opponents as you disparage them as ..there has been no gloating..simply stated the maine endwell basketball program has had success in the dwi tourney..you denigrate the level they play in and their opponents...you need to take a position and back it up with facts, not blarney..and be less critical of others..it is not becoming..

Wait til Sectional..UE and ME can have a great STAC season..but you watch Vestal will knock them off when it matters. Theyve won 4 sectional titles in 6 season.

Wait til Sectional..UE and ME can have a great STAC season..but you watch Vestal will knock them off when it matters. Theyve won 4 sectional titles in 6 season.

First of all, Vestal is AA and M-E is A, so Vestal won't be knocking M-E off since thy don't play. Some of you people have no clue when it comes to sports.

First of all, Vestal is AA and M-E is A, so Vestal won't be knocking M-E off since thy don't play. Some of you people have no clue when it comes to sports.

Its Tanks fault

Come sectionals..out of UE, Vestal, Bing.,Corning and Horseheads..VESTAL will win it..Not a typical vestal season of dominating but come sectional play they have the experience and players that have played in big sectional games past couple of seasons.

agree. Vestal will spoil UE's sectional dreams again like theyve done for the last 5 years seemingly every year..stack up the wins UE cause thats all youll have to look back on when Vestal is winning sectionals for the 5th year out of 7.

agree. Vestal will spoil UE's sectional dreams again like theyve done for the last 5 years seemingly every year..stack up the wins UE cause thats all youll have to look back on when Vestal is winning sectionals for the 5th year out of 7.

Oh yeah? hmmmm lets take a look at UE's record. ha, there ya go twerp. what you people dont see is that it's not all kj rose, those boys work as a family on and off the court and that makes them the way they are.. which is UNSTOPPABLE

What has UE won in the last 5 years? nothing. They have a great record this season but havent won anything yet. UE gonna go to STACS lose to Seton or Norwich..then have to play VESTAL in Sectionals and we all know happens then..VESTAL wins sectionals.

I think history may speak for itself. Look at who was coaching UE for the last 5 years, and who is coaching now. There has been a tremendous improvement due in part to Coach Alger. These players are now playing as a team, with renewed passion for the game, have a coach that respects them for their abilities and players that respect their coach in return. There are no favorites or prima donnas this year. Regardless of how things turn out in the end, the UE varsity team has had a great year, win or lose.

Guest look back

You can't live in the past. What was Vestal before the "5" year success? Probably another team looking to win and have success. This much like all the teams playing this year. UE came out on top in 2010 - 2011....the others didn't. Congratulations UE on winning the STAC Metro Division. I commend you for sticking with your team though. A tried and true fan....win or lose. Vestal did their best this year and thats all you can ask for. Lets see how it plays out for STAC and Sectionals.

What has UE won?? nothing. enough said. what has vestal won..they have owned Metro and sectionals for a while. come say something about UE when they win something..

Guest look back

Talking the last five years, granted UE hasn't won a championship. Exactly where Vestal was at one point. I remember it well. If the last five years is where you're hanging your hat then you're desparatly attempting to sustain what you don't have this year. Give others credit when they deserve it. Oh, and you're not the fan I thought your were. Only thinking about the wins...shallow... and hoping it could be like the last five years...it isn't. "Come say something about UE when they win something".....how about " Union Endicott Varsity Boys Basketball Team...2011 STAC Metro Champions". Can't deny that although UE fans will be glad for the season regardless of where it ends up. UE now has a good coach and a good group of boys playing basketball. If we must though, and going back in time, as you apparently live your life....count the championships for UE. They are on the wall for you to see if you attend the game Monday night. Don't you hate it when some one else is right? I wish continued good luck to the Vestal Boys Basketball Team.

Agree that M-E will have some issues in Metro. At Ithaca is an awful place to play, and now their cross-division games are against the likes of Horseheads and Corning. These are much bigger schools than M-E. I'm not really sure who made the decision to move to Metro - maybe last year would've been better, but going forward it's an awful decision.

On the girls side, it's a great move for Sonny and the Lady Spartans. They'll rack up some serious sectional points.

Garbade's 6-10, so I always feel like big guys get labeled "soft" if they're not mean-spirited. I've seen him play - he's an aggressive big man, but he's not throwing elbows a-la Rich Mahorn. So if that means he's "soft," then so be it - he'll laugh all the way to a D-I scholarship.

Torto with a broken leg? That's news to me. How long will he be out? Broken legs typically don't go well with basketball season.

As for Vestal, we'll see. They have some pieces back, and a proven successful record, and a proven history of rebuilding. It's ironic that Vestal has become "the standard" in AA when it was Binghamton for nearly 20 years.

ME should have never got in Metro division.....they stink and so does their offense!

Win STAC Metrol, win a game in STAC playoffs, win sectionals before you toot your damn horn. For all the talk about ME basketball on this board there's not a lot of accomplishments. If ME plays in a big game everyone knows they are going to fold when it gets tough.

You can argue all you want with me but everyone at ME knows it's true. Sorry it's nice to be competitive and ME has been pretty good over the last few seasons so I guess a little smack talk is fine.

This statement has been true for the past five years and probably will continue to be true in the next seasons.

Was at the Norwich - JC game last night. It was a good game and R Powell was a monster. The most humorous thing of the night was the Norwich JV coach in his purple penguin suit. That was a sight noone should have missed. WOW

Guest fact checker

You can argue all you want with me but everyone at ME knows it's true. Sorry it's nice to be competitive and ME has been pretty good over the last few seasons so I guess a little smack talk is fine.

This statement has been true for the past five years and probably will continue to be true in the next seasons.

the problem with the statement myles, is you and your anti spartan brethen..want to choose what constitutes a big game..the maine endwell basketball program has played for four tournament championships in the last three years..they have won all four...they competed against their peers in these events, young men trying to win these titles for their schools and the spartans prevailled... yet you foolishly insist they can not win the big game...when they are good enough they will reach championship levels of stac and sections....when they consistently get beat then your horn blowing may be merited...

Was at the Norwich - JC game last night. It was a good game and R Powell was a monster. The most humorous thing of the night was the Norwich JV coach in his purple penguin suit. That was a sight noone should have missed. WOW

He came to our school in a clown suit once. What's up with that guy?

The game is available to watch on norwichcsd.org. Powell in person was an absolute monster.

With only one practice (last night) will coach Abbott be able to find a way to stop Powell?

Guest STACMan

I think Tuesday night is the JC - U-E playoff game. Right now, the edge goes to JC, but only if Powell plays the way he's capable. It is guaranteed that U-E's KJ Rose will give everything he has, all the time. Still, JC appears to have a little more overall talent, so the slight edge goes to JC.

Archived