Great Harvest Bread Co.

Guest Guest

Not surprised, once Panera opened the writing was on the wall.

DAMMMMNNNNNN..... that place is much better than panera... the sandwiches are\were great

i went there at least once a week

Guest Guest

panera and great harvest were totally different. i dont see how panera would effect great harvest closing. they must have had some other issues.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
panera and great harvest were totally different. i dont see how panera would effect great harvest closing. they must have had some other issues.

How are they "totally different"? Panera Bread sells unique sandwiches on their homemade bread along with several varieties of soup, or you can just buy their bread. Great Harvest Bread Co. sells unique sandwiches on their homemade bread along with several varieties of soup, or you can just buy their bread. Yeah, you're right they sound "totally different" to me. I'm sure Panera opening a mile away from Great Harvest had absolutely nothing to do with them going out of business.

You could sense that the Harvest Company was not long for the world of food retailing on the Parkway. It was always one of my favorite places for a great bowl of soup and a few fresh slices of well made bread for a very reasonable price.

Plus, free coffee. Light years better quality than Panera. Also, the people who worked there seemed so genuine

C'mon, how could they justify the high rent they were paying by having affordable goods and freebies?

Put that place in a different environment of walk in customers and it would flourish.

Guest Guest
You could sense that the Harvest Company was not long for the world of food retailing on the Parkway. It was always one of my favorite places for a great bowl of soup and a few fresh slices of well made bread for a very reasonable price.

Plus, free coffee. Light years better quality than Panera. Also, the people who worked there seemed so genuine

C'mon, how could they justify the high rent they were paying by having affordable goods and freebies?

Put that place in a different environment of walk in customers and it would flourish.

ya, but it ddn't because the owners were terrible business people. who ever heard of giving coffee away at $3.00 per pound to brew. real smart, don't you think. but then again, they were going to save the world with their GREEN ideas. worked for them, didn't it?

Guest LOVED IT

It was the best! See on Pressconnects they are looking for another franchise in the area and this one had to close for family reasons...that place was the best and will be sorely missed. I hope someone opens another one soon...maybe on Upper Front St? ;)

Archived