Guinness Run

Guest Guest

Are any of You planning to do the infamous Guinness Run next Friday Night?I never have but it sounds like fun, has anyone of You guys done it? Tell Me about it? :unsure:

I get the Guinness Runs after Friday nights.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Are any of You planning to do the infamous Guinness Run next Friday Night?I never have but it sounds like fun, has anyone of You guys done it? Tell Me about it? :unsure:

I've never heard of it. What do you know about it?

Guest Just Lookin

I'm so glad to hear about this! I seem to miss it every year but this year I won't!

Its an absolute riot and loads of fun. Just make sure you have a "DD" with you cause by the end of the run you can't walk let alone drive.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
I'm so glad to hear about this! I seem to miss it every year but this year I won't!

Its an absolute riot and loads of fun. Just make sure you have a "DD" with you cause by the end of the run you can't walk let alone drive.

Sounds like it, but I still don't know what it is. :(

People go to a select format of bars at a certain time for each one and drink a Guinnes in each one and end at a certain bar for an Irish party. House of Reardon' is 10:45 to 11:00 p.m. WooHoo!!!!!! :lol:

The schedule's listed in Good Times.

I found it online - Slainte!!!

On Friday, Broome County Celtic Pipes and Drums, along with Mincolla Distributing, will be visiting and performing in pubs around Broome County as part of the 16th annual Great Guinness Toast.

The Toast sometimes known as "St. Practice Day," involves Guinness stout, ale and lager drinkers across the country trying to break the record for the largest simultaneous toast.

Since its inception in 1993 in Pittsburgh, the Great Guinness Toast has consistently grown and breaks its own record every year. The concept of collectively raising a glass and toasting is an attempt to gain entrance into, of course, "The Guinness Book of World Records."

Bars, clubs, pubs, restaurants and all types of drinking establishments all around the country put up posters, hand out door prizes and even raise funds for charity, all to be a part of the famous simultaneous toast. Here in Greater Binghamton, the pipe band will be raising money for Project Children, a program to bring Irish children to the United States for a holiday.

The band also will be selling raffle tickets to help with expenses for its March 15 participation in the Savannah, Ga., St. Patrick's Day parade, the second largest such parade in the U.S. The winner will receive two round-trip tickets to Savannah (leaving from Syracuse on March 12), accommodations for two and the opportunity to march with pipers in the parade.

Here's the Broome County Celtic Pipes and Drums schedule for Friday:

4-4:15 p.m., Kelly's, Endicott

4:15-4:30 p.m., Harry Tufts, Endicott

4:45-5:15 p.m., Bobby's Place, Endwell

5:30-5:45 p.m., Blind Tiger Pub, Johnson City

6-6:15 p.m., The Ale House, Vestal

6:30-7 p.m., Giblin's, Johnson City

7:15-7:30 p.m., Mosquito Lounge, Binghamton

7:45-8 p.m., Ancient Order of Hibernians, Binghamton

8-8:15 p.m., The Belmar, Binghamton

8:30-9 p.m., The Beef, Binghamton

9:15-9:30 p.m., Dillingers, Binghamton

9:30-9:45 p.m., Uncle Tony's, Binghamton

10-10:15 p.m., G Bailey's, Binghamton

10:30-10:45 p.m., House of Reardon, Binghamton

11 p.m. for the official toast, McGirk's, Chenango Bridge

Guinness VIPs will be riding on the pipers' bus (instead of their usual limousine), because, according to the pipers, "they are very anxious to see what drives the biggest toast in the Northeast -- not only the biggest toast but the only one with a pipe band."

Details: www.thegreat guinnesstoast.com.

http://pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../802140307/1017

The schedule's listed in Good Times.

I found it online - Slainte!!!

On Friday, Broome County Celtic Pipes and Drums, along with Mincolla Distributing, will be visiting and performing in pubs around Broome County as part of the 16th annual Great Guinness Toast.

The Toast sometimes known as "St. Practice Day," involves Guinness stout, ale and lager drinkers across the country trying to break the record for the largest simultaneous toast.

Since its inception in 1993 in Pittsburgh, the Great Guinness Toast has consistently grown and breaks its own record every year. The concept of collectively raising a glass and toasting is an attempt to gain entrance into, of course, "The Guinness Book of World Records."

Bars, clubs, pubs, restaurants and all types of drinking establishments all around the country put up posters, hand out door prizes and even raise funds for charity, all to be a part of the famous simultaneous toast. Here in Greater Binghamton, the pipe band will be raising money for Project Children, a program to bring Irish children to the United States for a holiday.

The band also will be selling raffle tickets to help with expenses for its March 15 participation in the Savannah, Ga., St. Patrick's Day parade, the second largest such parade in the U.S. The winner will receive two round-trip tickets to Savannah (leaving from Syracuse on March 12), accommodations for two and the opportunity to march with pipers in the parade.

Here's the Broome County Celtic Pipes and Drums schedule for Friday:

4-4:15 p.m., Kelly's, Endicott

4:15-4:30 p.m., Harry Tufts, Endicott

4:45-5:15 p.m., Bobby's Place, Endwell

5:30-5:45 p.m., Blind Tiger Pub, Johnson City

6-6:15 p.m., The Ale House, Vestal

6:30-7 p.m., Giblin's, Johnson City

7:15-7:30 p.m., Mosquito Lounge, Binghamton

7:45-8 p.m., Ancient Order of Hibernians, Binghamton

8-8:15 p.m., The Belmar, Binghamton

8:30-9 p.m., The Beef, Binghamton

9:15-9:30 p.m., Dillingers, Binghamton

9:30-9:45 p.m., Uncle Tony's, Binghamton

10-10:15 p.m., G Bailey's, Binghamton

10:30-10:45 p.m., House of Reardon, Binghamton

11 p.m. for the official toast, McGirk's, Chenango Bridge

Guinness VIPs will be riding on the pipers' bus (instead of their usual limousine), because, according to the pipers, "they are very anxious to see what drives the biggest toast in the Northeast -- not only the biggest toast but the only one with a pipe band."

Details: www.thegreat guinnesstoast.com.

http://pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../802140307/1017

Thanks Tupe'

Slainte!!!

Archived