Windsor HS Softball In 2011 Morabito

Guest Section 4 Softball Fan

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Unfortunately its going to be a long tough year for that team

It is unfair for anyone to post negative comments about the BHS softball team. They have several players that will be successful both on and off the field. The fact that the coach for BHS may not be your or anyone's coach of the year candidate should not reflect back to the players. They have little choice in the matter. They love to play and he happens to be the coach. This team will be better than forecast.

Guest Pat's fan

It is unfair for anyone to post negative comments about the BHS softball team. They have several players that will be successful both on and off the field. The fact that the coach for BHS may not be your or anyone's coach of the year candidate should not reflect back to the players. They have little choice in the matter. They love to play and he happens to be the coach. This team will be better than forecast.

Looks like Patriots are starting out really good this year. Keep it up girls!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Getting Close

1 week away and 12 of the 16 teams are currently State Ranked, with all 16 teams posted a record above .500. Any predictions on who might win next weekends Morabito Tournament?

Guest Guest

Why not one of our local teams winning this weekend's Morabito Tournament? Windsor has a very good shot of winning it (although having a very tough opening round game agasint Section 2 Power Bethlehem). Corning has been playing some very impressive softball so far this year (shoud be a great game against Section 9's Valley Central Saturday morning). And never count out Chenango Valley and Taylor (although CNS in the opening round will be an extremely hard challenge to overcome).

Guest Guest

Today's the big day - Let's all cheer on our local teams today and tomorrow at BAGSAI (Show that Section 4 Softball is the best)

Guest guest guest

Today's the big day - Let's all cheer on our local teams today and tomorrow at BAGSAI (Show that Section 4 Softball is the best)

Local teams looked not so good! Some acually pretty bad!

Guest guest

Unfortunately Binghamton didnt do very well except for one game. I thought they were a better team then that.

Guest guest guest

Unfortunately Binghamton didnt do very well except for one game. I thought they were a better team then that.

well their pitcher was hurt ......did something to her knee Sunday morning. so had to pitch their 8th grader whom did ok.

Guest guest

well their pitcher was hurt ......did something to her knee Sunday morning. so had to pitch their 8th grader whom did ok.

They should have pitched Ryane more, she won the only game for them

Guest guest guest

Windsor played at one point with 8 players! The coach was all excited when they played Bing. But I dont think he realized Binghamton pitched an 8th grader.

Guest guest

Windsor played at one point with 8 players! The coach was all excited when they played Bing. But I dont think he realized Binghamton pitched an 8th grader.

And in a few years she is going to be an excellent pitcher, she is already for an 8th grader.

Guest Get Real

They beat CV with their #2 on the mound with similair excitement!

OK if I understand you correctly Windsor was excited to beat the teams they played Sunday in the Morabito Tournament. How is this relevant to anything, I believe Windsor beat the stud pitcher from CV earlier in the season after the great (self appointed) drunk coleman screamed at his team and helped them tighten up and play scared, and Windsor also hit the ball like crazy and walked about 15 times against Binghamton's "Ace" in a scrimmage. Lets say I understand you people like to get things started but let's just see how things go at the end of the season. And just to fuel you people a little Windsor could technically say they pitched their number two in both those games Sunday as well.

Guest Guest

OK if I understand you correctly Windsor was excited to beat the teams they played Sunday in the Morabito Tournament. How is this relevant to anything, I believe Windsor beat the stud pitcher from CV earlier in the season after the great (self appointed) drunk coleman screamed at his team and helped them tighten up and play scared, and Windsor also hit the ball like crazy and walked about 15 times against Binghamton's "Ace" in a scrimmage. Lets say I understand you people like to get things started but let's just see how things go at the end of the season. And just to fuel you people a little Windsor could technically say they pitched their number two in both those games Sunday as well.

I don't think Binghamton has an "Ace" pitcher this year, so I have no idea what you are talking about.

Guest guest guest

windsor has 2 decent pitchers sooooo who do you say is there number 2 pitcher...problem is Windsor has a poor infield. if you want to win against them just play small ball. infield is like a 12u team. I feel bad for the pitchers.

Guest guest

Windsor does have decent pitching and catching so it's obviously someone doesn't know what they are talking about once again. BHS doesn't have an "Ace" but they have a little silent pitcher making a name for herself. Eighth-grader Leah McGovern relieved Mackenzie Cronin on the mound in the third for Binghamton and picked up her first win. After allowing an RBI in the third, McGovern yielded no hits through the rest of the game. Congrats go out to Leah for her first win and for stepping up and taking care of business and not falling under pressure. You go girl !!!!!

Guest Simple

windsor has 2 decent pitchers sooooo who do you say is there number 2 pitcher...problem is Windsor has a poor infield. if you want to win against them just play small ball. infield is like a 12u team. I feel bad for the pitchers.

I guess that comment about Windsor's #2 was a little to much for you to comprehend, it was meant to refute the comments made about the #2 pitchers for the teams Windsor beat trying to make excuses for losing. Windsor has two excellent pitchers with no distinction being made as to a #1 or #2 just trying to say that technically a #2 pitched in both wins for Windsor. As for the infield comment I am not sure about that Costello is an outstanding fielder and I didn't see to many errors made by the infield during the Morabito. The two loses for Windsor outside Morabito were by 1 run each and the two at Morabito were by 2 with no runs scored by Windsor, need to score to win. I would ask the pitchers if they want you to feel bad for them.

Guest Guest

I believe Windsor beat the stud pitcher from CV earlier in the season after the great (self appointed) drunk coleman screamed at his team and helped them tighten up and play scared....

What a joke you are Mr. "Get Real".

Why don't you throw some more BS slander at Coach Coleman.

FYI: He is the best coach in the STAC by far. He is a state champion.

Done.

Guest guest guest

Windsor does have decent pitching and catching so it's obviously someone doesn't know what they are talking about once again. BHS doesn't have an "Ace" but they have a little silent pitcher making a name for herself. Eighth-grader Leah McGovern relieved Mackenzie Cronin on the mound in the third for Binghamton and picked up her first win. After allowing an RBI in the third, McGovern yielded no hits through the rest of the game. Congrats go out to Leah for her first win and for stepping up and taking care of business and not falling under pressure. You go girl !!!!!

I did watch the game and you are right the Binghamton pitcher did a fine job. I amm sure she will continue to grow as long as she doesnt get beat in the ground by the coach. If Windsor didnt hit it would of been ugly. Windsor has a few good players and then some that look like a 14u team. Which from what hear is the issue.

Guest Bunny

I did watch the game and you are right the Binghamton pitcher did a fine job. I amm sure she will continue to grow as long as she doesnt get beat in the ground by the coach. If Windsor didnt hit it would of been ugly. Windsor has a few good players and then some that look like a 14u team. Which from what hear is the issue.

The 14U players are the ones that accounted for 5 of the RBI's in the game. I agree the Binghamton pitcher is fine, and what issue do you speak of. Last time I saw the records Windsor has two STAC loses by a total of two runs. You sound like the parent of an underutilized player.

Guest guest guest

The 14U players are the ones that accounted for 5 of the RBI's in the game. I agree the Binghamton pitcher is fine, and what issue do you speak of. Last time I saw the records Windsor has two STAC loses by a total of two runs. You sound like the parent of an underutilized player.

i am not even a parent of a school age child anymore....just a softball follower...

Guest guest

i am not even a parent of a school age child anymore....just a softball follower...

Then why are you so aware of "issues" on a team that you have no child. And why no response to the other statement which refutes your 14U slam.

Archived