• Created
  • Last Reply

US defeats England with GUNS

North defeats the South with GUNS

US wins Spanish American war with GUNS

US wins WWI and WWII with GUNS

US draws with Korea and Vietnam because of GUNS

Man kills Man primarily with GUNS

Understand the past before you understand the present...the USA exists today because of people who fired GUNS at other people...as for gun laws, your kidding yourself, the problem is we havent had a World War lately where Americas want to kill foreigners, we have an internal war where the poor want to kill the rich...The only thing that has ever brought America together was am all for one war aka a DRAFT...Imagine the scum the US would get rid of if every man 18-25 of every race had to wear a uniform 5 days a week instead of play video games 5 days a week off your tax dollar..

Try and follow this logic. We don't need all these idiots in the media who are taking this opportunity to point fingers and use the death of people as propoganda. However it is there right to voice their opinion. Rights and needs are two different things. Pretty straightforward. I don't like guns. I do not own one. Never had the urge to shoot them for sport or hunting. I don't need guns. I do support those that legally have guns for hunting or sporting purpose. If I want a gun, I want to be able to legally purchase one. That is my right. It was promised to me and all of us in the bill of rights. just because you think people don't have a need for it, doesn't mean that they should be outlawed. We live in a democracy. When you start taking rights away from others, you will lose your own.

Navin you will have a hard time making the liberal nation believe that this country grew to the heights and strength it has in a little over 200 years by anything other than luck. They don't want to look at facts, they don't want to believe that the founders of this nation created the best template for us to follow in the history of mankind.

Why? A 9 year old girl in Arizona might still be alive if they didn't let it expire.

So a 10 clip mag would not have killed her? Clips can be changed in about 4 or less seconds....

So a 10 clip mag would not have killed her? Clips can be changed in about 4 or less seconds....

I guess you didn't hear or read the story of what happened in Arizona.

Nice divert. The guy wasn't very good at shooting.

A 9 year old girl in Arizona might still be alive if they didn't let it expire. But I guess you are OK with that.

A 9 year old girl in Arizona might still be alive if they didn't let it expire. But I guess you are OK with that.

Freedom isn't free. Besides, the abortion industry destroys 4,000 pre-born babies every single day.....Come on now.

I guess you didn't hear or read the story of what happened in Arizona.

I guess you don't remember the story that happened in our own town. You know in a state where there is a ban on semi automatic weapons. Remember the ACA wacko had multiple guns. So you ban larger clips and the wackos will bring 2 or 3 guns instead of one. If you ban guns, he will drive his car through the crowd of people. Take away his car and he will make a home made explosive device. These people will kill and injure no matter what. And by blaming the weapon or political talking heads is just ignoring the issue that we have sick people out there and we need to address that. There is no easy fix here folks. Wake up.

I guess you don't remember the story that happened in our own town. You know in a state where there is a ban on semi automatic weapons. Remember the ACA wacko had multiple guns. So you ban larger clips and the wackos will bring 2 or 3 guns instead of one. If you ban guns, he will drive his car through the crowd of people. Take away his car and he will make a home made explosive device. These people will kill and injure no matter what. And by blaming the weapon or political talking heads is just ignoring the issue that we have sick people out there and we need to address that. There is no easy fix here folks. Wake up.

How DARE you speak rationally? Dont you know this has to be dealt with quickly and with as much emotion as possible so the tragedy can be used as a political tool to get much wanted legislation passed?

Did you consider the extended clip might have prevented him from killing more? The size made it more difficult and time consuming to reload quickly.

There is minimal delay when speeding standard size.

Automatic and semi-automatic weapons, especially handguns, should be outlawed or at least VERY strictly controlled.

You can't 'VERY strictly control' them. The law abiding citizen will get the proper carry permits, etc., but the non-law abiding citizen who want's a gun, or any other weapon for that matter, will get their hands on it no matter what. They don't care about the law.

Please enlighten us as to why anyone would need a 31 round clip for a handgun? Try and be logical now - think reasonably.

Maybe it's an option you can buy for the gun. Why you would need one? Prolly don't NEED one, but if it's LEGAL and they SELL it, then why not buy one? Like I've read in here, what difference does it make how big of a mag he had? Like I've read, he woulda just brought more guns, or more loaded mags. And if these lawmaker's are going to pass laws banning high capacity mags, it's not going to change the fact that if a criminal wants to get their hands on a gun, or any other weapon, and commit a crime, they will. These law's that their talking about and trying to pass only further restrict the law abiding citizen, the criminal doesn't care about the law.

Dave Henderson outdoors: New York gun owners face rough road

New York gun owners are in for a rough ride with the new administration. The Paterson administration had so much dumped in its lap that radical gun control never got to priority status.

But governor-elect Andrew Cuomo is a nationally renowned anti-gun advocate and new Attorney General Eric Schneiderman was the primary mover and shaker of virtually all anti-gun legislation in the state, including microstamping.

A Republican Senate is likely to protect us against downstate sentiment and truly radical anti-gun measures, but grassroots advocacy is desperately needed to let all legislators know what we want and don't want.

The first step in that direction in 2011 will be the second annual Sportsmen and Outdoor Recreation Legislative Awareness Day, organized by Assembly Republicans, (headed by minority leader Brian Kolb of Canandaigua).

It will be held Jan. 25 in Albany and is expected to draw more participants and not-for-profit vendors than last year's ultra-successful inaugural event.

Last year's event at the Legislative Office Building drew more than 2,000 people and, with increased awareness this year, organizers expect upward of 5,000. Non-profits include The New York State Rifle and Pistol Association, Shooter' Committee on Political Education (S.C.O.P.E.) and Safari Club International (SCI), among others.

National Rifle Association CEO and executive vice president Wayne LaPierre is again scheduled to speak, is as NYSRPA president Tom King; James Rabbia of Remington Arms; Stephen Aldstadt, president of S.C.O.P.E.; and William Schwerd, executive director of New York State 4-H Shooting Sports.

For more information on the event e-mail Assemblyman Kolb at kolbb@assembly.state.ny.us, or call Mike McGuire at 518-455-5073.

Dave Henderson outdoors: New York gun owners face rough road

New York gun owners are in for a rough ride with the new administration. The Paterson administration had so much dumped in its lap that radical gun control never got to priority status.

But governor-elect Andrew Cuomo is a nationally renowned anti-gun advocate and new Attorney General Eric Schneiderman was the primary mover and shaker of virtually all anti-gun legislation in the state, including microstamping.

A Republican Senate is likely to protect us against downstate sentiment and truly radical anti-gun measures, but grassroots advocacy is desperately needed to let all legislators know what we want and don't want.

The first step in that direction in 2011 will be the second annual Sportsmen and Outdoor Recreation Legislative Awareness Day, organized by Assembly Republicans, (headed by minority leader Brian Kolb of Canandaigua).

It will be held Jan. 25 in Albany and is expected to draw more participants and not-for-profit vendors than last year's ultra-successful inaugural event.

Last year's event at the Legislative Office Building drew more than 2,000 people and, with increased awareness this year, organizers expect upward of 5,000. Non-profits include The New York State Rifle and Pistol Association, Shooter' Committee on Political Education (S.C.O.P.E.) and Safari Club International (SCI), among others.

National Rifle Association CEO and executive vice president Wayne LaPierre is again scheduled to speak, is as NYSRPA president Tom King; James Rabbia of Remington Arms; Stephen Aldstadt, president of S.C.O.P.E.; and William Schwerd, executive director of New York State 4-H Shooting Sports.

For more information on the event e-mail Assemblyman Kolb at kolbb@assembly.state.ny.us, or call Mike McGuire at 518-455-5073.

Ruh Roh!

Buy more guns! Buy more bullets! Dace, puppets, dance!

You can't 'VERY strictly control' them. The law abiding citizen will get the proper carry permits, etc., but the non-law abiding citizen who want's a gun, or any other weapon for that matter, will get their hands on it no matter what. They don't care about the law.

NYS has some of the strictest gun laws and locally people het shot now and again by criminals. If or when the criminal is caught what happens to them?

I don't know the answer to the following question but maybe one of you do.

When someone locally is arrested and one of the charges is possession do they get additional time when convicted, or in some "deal" process?

Archived