Gun laws

Guest Guest

Stop being overly stupid in your comments. Both are inanimate objects that are neither inherently good or evil. It is what people do with them. A better solution is to allow all legal, intelligent, mature, sane, law-abiding adults to possess firearms after completing appropriate training and the current background checks and registration. Then there will almost always be someone there to respond to violence of any kind. The concern about mental health is there but people need to actually say something when they see it and not ignore it. If they tell the appropriate person about their concerns that someone may not be thinking normally, then it can be addressed. When you get a little older and your thought process matures, you will see that banning a hunk of metal for a persons illegal actions is not the intelligent approach.

This "a hunk of metal" of which you speak is designed for what purpose?

What does that hunk of metal have in common with a car, a baby, and airplane or a surgeon?

Stop being a drama queen.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does that hunk of metal have in common with a car, a baby, and airplane or a surgeon?

Boy, you are as fu#$ing dense as they come.

Firearms are designed to provide food for the table, a means of self defense, and can be used for recreation.

It is no more dangerous on it's own than a hammer or kitchen knife. Get your head out of your a$$ libtard.

Actually I am conservative. Why don't you read all the relevant posts before you make yourself look stupid?

Agreed. Name calling is a tactic of the left used when confronted with facts. Rules for Radicals.

Myth: Concealed carry laws increase crime.

Fact: Thirty-nine states comprising the majority of the American population, are

"right-to-carry" states. Statistics show that in these states the crime rate fell (or did not

rise) after the right-to-carry law became active (as of July, 2006). Nine states restrict the

right to carry and two deny it outright.

Fact: Crime rates involving gun owners with carry permits have consistently been about

0.02% of all carry permit holders since Florida’s right-to-carry law started in 1988.

Fact: After passing their concealed carry law, Florida's homicide rate fell from 36%

above the national average to 4% below, and remains below the national average (as of

the last reporting period, 2005).

Fact: In Texas, murder rates fell 50% faster than the national average in the year after

their concealed carry law passed. Rape rates fell 93% faster in the first year after.

Boy, you are as fu#$ing dense as they come.

Firearms are designed to provide food for the table, a means of self defense, and can be used for recreation.

It is no more dangerous on it's own than a hammer or kitchen knife. Get your head out of your a$$ libtard.

Libtard? I am a conservative. I suggested you stop being a drama queen but it seems that's not something you are capable of. The more you drone on the more of an imbecile you prove yourself to be. Unclench your buttocks and take a deep breath.

You think that all guns are used to wrongly kill people. Who is the drama queen?

Libtard? I am a conservative. I suggested you stop being a drama queen but it seems that's not something you are capable of. The more you drone on the more of an imbecile you prove yourself to be. Unclench your buttocks and take a deep breath.

Sure you are conservative. And I am the pope. Get back to class junior.

You think that all guns are used to wrongly kill people. Who is the drama queen?

Myth: Countries with strict gun control have less

crime.

Fact: In America, we can demonstrate that private ownership of guns reduces crime, but

from country to country there is no correlation between gun availability and the violent

crime rate.

Fact: Countries with the strictest gun-control laws also tended to have the highest

homicide rates.

Fact: According to the U.N., as

of 2005, Scotland was the most

violent country in the developed

world, with people three times

more likely to be assaulted than

in America. Violent crime there

has doubled over the last 20

years. 3% of Scots had been

victims of assault compared

with 1.2% in America.

Fact: “... the major surveys

completed in the past 20 years

or more provides no evidence of

any relationship between the

total number of legally held

firearms in society and the rate

of armed crime. Nor is there a

relationship between the

severity of controls imposed in

various countries or the mass of bureaucracy involved with many control systems with the apparent ease of access to firearms by criminals and terrorists.”

Fact: Switzerland has relatively lenient gun control for Europe, and has the thirdlowest homicide rate of the top nine major European countries, and the same per capita rate as England and Wales.

Fact: Indeed, the Swiss basically have a military rifle in nearly every closest. “Everybody who has served in the army is allowed to keep their personal weapon, even after the end of their military service.”

Fact: “We don’t have as many guns [in Brazil] as the United States, but we use them more.”Brazil has mandatory licensing, registration,and maximum personal ownership quotas. It now bans any new sales to private citizens. Their homicide rate is almost three (3) times higher than the U.S.

Fact: In Canada around 1920, before there was any form of gun control, their homicide rate was 7% of the U.S rate. By 1986, and after significant gun control legislation, Canada’s homicide rate was 35% of the U.S. rate – a

significant increase. In 2003, Canada had a violent crime rate more than double that of

the U.S. (963 vs. 475 per 100,000).

Fact: Many of the countries with the strictest gun control have the highest rates of violent

crime. Australia and England, which have virtually banned gun ownership, have the

highest rates of robbery, sexual assault, and assault with force of the top 17 industrialized

countries.

Fact: The crime rate is 66% higher in four Canadian Prairie Provinces than in the

northern US states across the border.

Fact: Strict controls over existing arms failed in Finland. Despite needs-based licensing,

storage laws, transportation restrictions,Finland experienced a multiple killing school

shooting in 2007.

70 percent of all murders in the U.S. are committed with guns.

Assuming that your number is correct: What percentage were committed with legal firearms? How many were committed by illegal firearms? How many of these people would not have been murdered in the absence of a firearm? How many property crimes were prevented by the presence of a firearm? How many rapes were prevented by the presence of a firearm? How many criminals were killed by the defensive use of a firearm? How many crimes were prevented by the presence of a firearm and went unreported to the police?

Fact: Pol Pot, Hitler, Stalin, and virtually every other dictator were in favor of strict gun control.

They were big believers in disarming their victims so that they could not resist.

Two police officers killed in Miami shootout

(Reuters) - Two police officers and a murder suspect were killed in a shootout during an arrest attempt in Miami on Thursday, police said.

One police officer, a woman, died at a hospital where she was undergoing surgery after being shot several times, Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Alvarez said.

The other officer and the suspect died at the scene.

The shootings occurred when a squad of police and U.S. Marshals tried to serve a homicide arrest warrant at a home in a violent inner city neighborhood.

Alvarez said a relative of the suspect opened the door and then stepped away, telling the officers he or she would be right back. Instead, someone started shooting at the officers, he said.

Is there a point to this article? This happens a couple times a week.

God bless the officers and their families. I hope the flames of hell are a little extra hot for the scumbag suspects.

It's not about a need. It's about a right. Apples and oranges.

Mentally handicapped people are forbidden to own guns anyway. Look at the yellow ATF form.

1.) You don't belong to the NRA.

2.) You have never been to that gun club.

Nice try libtard

Hey DELETED....I am a member of the NRA. I am a hunter and own several guns. I have been to the BSC several times as a guest. And what purpose does a 31 shot clip provide.

A 16 clip isn't enough? Do you have some issues you need to talk to a shrink about. Your "rights" to own a gun is not at issue here.

Hey ass hole....I am a member of the NRA. I am a hunter and own several guns. I have been to the BSC several times as a guest. And what purpose does a 31 shot clip provide.

A 16 clip isn't enough? Do you have some issues you need to talk to a shrink about. Your "rights" to own a gun is not at issue here.

I am not the poster you are replying to but I would like to comment:

If you do not understand that it is about placing an arbitrary limit on magazine capacity and how that infringes on 2nd Amendment Rights, then you are wasting your money on your NRA membership.

Who should have the authority to establish the arbitrary limit?

Just how do you establish a "reasonable" limit on capacity?

If you can justify limiting the capacity to 10 then it is justifyable to limit it to 1.

Maybe you do not have a need or desire for a 31 round magazine but others may feel they do. They should not have to justify it to anyone. People who use high capacity magazines will continue to be able to locate or manufacture their own high capacity magazines. Only law abiding people would limit themselves to limited capacity magazines. What purpose does that serve other that to put the law abiding people at a disadvantage.

You need to put a little more thought into your arguement over and above "nobody needs a 31 round clip".

Hey DELETED....I am a member of the NRA. I am a hunter and own several guns. I have been to the BSC several times as a guest. And what purpose does a 31 shot clip provide.

In NY you are limited to 10 round magazines. Two years ago Jiverly Wong killed 13 people with 10 round magazines. Magazine size isn't the issue, crazy people with guns is the issue.

In NY you are limited to 10 round magazines. Two years ago Jiverly Wong killed 13 people with 10 round magazines. Magazine size isn't the issue, crazy people with guns is the issue.

Guns are the issue. Get your head out of your butt.

Magazine size is an issue, but a minor issue. You are 100% correct that crazy people is a bigger issue than that. The problem is that there are too many people who are not crazy or mentally ill from a clinical perspective out there those are the biggest problem.

How do you measure or control that. You probably can’t. But, you can possibly limit the damage by not allowing the general public access to automatic or semi-automatic weapons. Or large clips.

In regard to the Tucson incident I have a bigger problem with the fact that he was able to legally purchase a semi-automatic weapon. And yes, in THAT case if he didn’t have the larger clip maybe that little old lady may have been able to stop him sooner ands there may have been less loss of life.

Guns are the issue. Get your head out of your butt.

Firearms have accounted between 60-68% of murders since 1970, and the number of murders has dropped dramatically since 1994. If guns are such an issue I would think that the percentage of guns used in murders would be rising, and the number of total murders would also be rising, but that is not the case.

Source - http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004888.html

Magazine size is an issue, but a minor issue. You are 100% correct that crazy people is a bigger issue than that. The problem is that there are too many people who are not crazy or mentally ill from a clinical perspective out there those are the biggest problem.

How do you measure or control that. You probably can’t. But, you can possibly limit the damage by not allowing the general public access to automatic or semi-automatic weapons. Or large clips.

In regard to the Tucson incident I have a bigger problem with the fact that he was able to legally purchase a semi-automatic weapon. And yes, in THAT case if he didn’t have the larger clip maybe that little old lady may have been able to stop him sooner ands there may have been less loss of life.

The general public hasn't had access to automatic weapons since 1934.

Revolvers are used in a large number of crimes too, better ban those. Small pistols with magazines between 5-7 rounds are used in most murders, ban them too. 10 rounds can still cause a lot of homicides as seen by the ACA and Virginia Tech massacres, better change that to 5 -- better yet 1. Murders by blunt objects have jumped dramatically between 2006 and 2007, better start issuing permits for hammer purchases.

The general public hasn't had access to automatic weapons since 1934.

Revolvers are used in a large number of crimes too, better ban those. Small pistols with magazines between 5-7 rounds are used in most murders, ban them too. 10 rounds can still cause a lot of homicides as seen by the ACA and Virginia Tech massacres, better change that to 5 -- better yet 1. Murders by blunt objects have jumped dramatically between 2006 and 2007, better start issuing permits for hammer purchases.

Agreed, with the exception of the last sentence. Since rocks and other natural blunt objects are readily available, controlling man made blunt objects is unlikely to help!

Archived