Body found in river

constance

My son just found a body in the riverbanks in Campville. He called 911. Near Holiday Hill area. 17c He was walking the river to go fishing with his son. People 4 wheeling there too. Hopefully this will bring closure for the family if its there son. Just happened about 230 today. (sunday) My heart goes out to the family of this boy.

It is the boy who jumped the bridge in Endicott. Hes still in the water. Police are at the scene , Some family members too. Very visible, can see clothes on him . I guess hes located down a real muddy bank and about 5 feet into the water

My husband was down there fishing and the guy that found the body approached him. The cops are still down there and they are getting ready to remove the body. It is near our house (Crestview Heights area). We are glad that they found the body. Hopefully this will make the family feel better. God rest his soul.

Guest Guest

My thoughts and prayers go out to your son and grandson. For his family, you remain in my prayers. At best, this will offer proper closure for his family

My thoughts and prayers go out to your son and grandson. For his family, you remain in my prayers. At best, this will offer proper closure for his family

Margaret Hoolihan ( not signed in)

Guest Guest

By WBNG News

Police tell Action News a body has been found in the Susquehanna River.

It was found around 4:30 p-m in the Town of Owego, near route 17C and Halliday Hill Road.

Police tell us it's being considered an active crime scene.

They cannot confirm who the person is at this point.

But crews have been searching the river since April 12th for 21-year-old Joseph McAfee, who jumped into the river off the Route 26 bridge in the Town of Union.

Again, police will not confirm the identity of the body at this point.

We have a crew on the scene and will bring you the latest information as soon as possible.

By WBNG News

Police tell Action News a body has been found in the Susquehanna River.

It was found around 4:30 p-m in the Town of Owego, near route 17C and Halliday Hill Road.

Police tell us it's being considered an active crime scene.

They cannot confirm who the person is at this point.

But crews have been searching the river since April 12th for 21-year-old Joseph McAfee, who jumped into the river off the Route 26 bridge in the Town of Union.

Again, police will not confirm the identity of the body at this point.

We have a crew on the scene and will bring you the latest information as soon as possible.

I just saw this on WBNG. I'm thinking about e-mailing them to say that it was actually found around 2:50 p.m. and it's Holliday Hill, not "Halliday".

I just saw this on WBNG. I'm thinking about e-mailing them to say that it was actually found around 2:50 p.m. and it's Holliday Hill, not "Halliday".

how about contacting the press and telling them....almost 4 hours later and nothing on pressconnects...why is this not a shock. my thoughts and prayers go out to all those involved. Hopefully this will end this sad event.

how about contacting the press and telling them....almost 4 hours later and nothing on pressconnects...why is this not a shock. my thoughts and prayers go out to all those involved. Hopefully this will end this sad event.

I just emailed WBNG and asked them to correct their information. I then looked on pressconnects, and the only email address I can find is the one for their circulation information. Anybody know the correct email? I would gladly send them a message.

I just emailed WBNG and asked them to correct their information. I then looked on pressconnects, and the only email address I can find is the one for their circulation information. Anybody know the correct email? I would gladly send them a message.

i don't know the press email address...you could always ask ed. :lol:

Brighteyes~

http://www.pressconnects.com/services/contact/index.shtml all the way at the bottom and click the persons name, it'll take you to the email.

http://www.pressconnects.com/services/contact/index.shtml

IS this what your looking for brighteyes?

Thank you both for that information. I was on that page earlier, but did not think of clicking on their names. I sent pressconnects an email with what we are aware of.

My son just found a body in the riverbanks in Campville. He called 911. Near Holiday Hill area. 17c He was walking the river to go fishing with his son. People 4 wheeling there too. Hopefully this will bring closure for the family if its there son. Just happened about 230 today. (sunday) My heart goes out to the family of this boy.

My heart and prays goes out to the family and friends.

Thank you both for that information. I was on that page earlier, but did not think of clicking on their names. I sent pressconnects an email with what we are aware of.

Wanna update news 10 as well? http://news10now.com/content/contact_us/viewer_center

Just use the story idea link, they are pretty good at monitoring it. I've used it when we have a missing person to help get the word out.

@

Wanna update news 10 as well? http://news10now.com/content/contact_us/viewer_center

Just use the story idea link, they are pretty good at monitoring it. I've used it when we have a missing person to help get the word out.

@

Thank you. I have sent them a message telling them what I know.

5 hours later and thanks to bcvoice...

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll...NEWS01/80427005

That's true. They quoted me and said that the police are releasing a statement dealing with this.

Archived