I Had A Dream

Hunter

Where the heck do our dreams or nightmares draw their imagery from?

In a dream last night, I entered a tobacco style barn that was filled with an overpowering stench. The floors and walls were covered with a greasy liquid that was being collected in troughs. A look up revealed the source of the mystery liquid… assorted carcasses hanging from big hooks on the beams.

Cattle, horses, pigs, dogs, and even the occasional human form hanging in layers that stretched nearly as far as one could see. And while I used the word “carcass,” which kinda implies “dead”, not all of them were. A little disconcerting, since they had all been skinned.

High up in the rafters, a silent black figure looked on. I started climbing, needing to know what the deal was. The further I climbed, the further away he got. I kept climbing until I finally slipped off of one of the bodies and the dream ended in your classic falling dream. I woke up as I was bouncing off of the hanging cadavers.

Until I got up and walked around, though, the dream would start over again every time I started to drift off.

There’s got to be a story in there, somewhere… thank God for Jack Daniels whiskey and the Glock that I used to kill the pygmies who were chasing me thru the mall last week.

Guest Guest

In a dream last night, I entered a tobacco style barn that was filled with an overpowering stench. The floors and walls were covered with a greasy liquid that was being collected in troughs. A look up revealed the source of the mystery liquid… assorted carcasses hanging from big hooks on the beams.

Cattle, horses, pigs, dogs, and even the occasional human form hanging in layers that stretched nearly as far as one could see. And while I used the word “carcass,” which kinda implies “dead”, not all of them were. A little disconcerting, since they had all been skinned.

High up in the rafters, a silent black figure looked on. I started climbing, needing to know what the deal was. The further I climbed, the further away he got. I kept climbing until I finally slipped off of one of the bodies and the dream ended in your classic falling dream. I woke up as I was bouncing off of the hanging cadavers.

Until I got up and walked around, though, the dream would start over again every time I started to drift off.

There’s got to be a story in there, somewhere… thank God for Jack Daniels whiskey and the Glock that I used to kill the pygmies who were chasing me thru the mall last week.

That is supposed to be funny?

Guest Ghost Post

"Was it one of those dreams where you're standing on top of a pyramid in sort of Sun God robes, while thousands of naked women scream and throw little pickles at you?"

"No!"

"Why am I the only one who has that dream?"

I had nightmare last night that big HUGE black bear was chasing me .. I ran into a shed, huddled down as I watched him tearing it apart trying to get at me, I just put my head down and said .. - Im going to die.... poof i woke up ...

Dreams, or what we remember as our dreams, are usually a conglomeration of a bunch of dreams that night. I believe that you have 3 to 4 a night and what you remember is usually a collage of those. I dream in color sometimes, which is eerie. I guess most people do not dream in color. I know Hunter was kidding, in sorts, although I have a feeling you would have strange dreams, like me. Something tells me...

Wow, Hunter what have you been eating or drinking before going to sleep? I have some weird dreams and also some that come true sometimes. Sometimes when I eat chocolate ice cream before going to sleep I have some bad dreams. Maybe something is bothering you and it is coming out in your dreams. This dream you had is out there. Wonder what it means? I have been having some strange dreams myself lately.

Darn. When I first read the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be about Barack Obama.

I figured it would be how he dreamed of reshaping the country (bringing the country together) in the vision of Jeremiah Wright. That is until he finally had to dis-own him this afternoon.

@

Wow, Hunter what have you been eating or drinking before going to sleep? I have some weird dreams and also some that come true sometimes. Sometimes when I eat chocolate ice cream before going to sleep I have some bad dreams. Maybe something is bothering you and it is coming out in your dreams. This dream you had is out there. Wonder what it means? I have been having some strange dreams myself lately.

Hey Brighteyes, you have a PM over yonder on my forum. I hope that you are doing well. Chocolate ice cream is not the source of my vivid dreams. I believe it has more to do with my overactive imagination and eating too many dead pig samiches with way too much hot sauce. Either that or I may be as crazy as a loon. Pun intended...........somewhat.

Guest Guest

I had a dream a while ago that this guy that I know was in my house and was throwing tennis balls at me whenever we were in the same room. I kept yelling at him but he didnt even hear me; he just kept chucking tennis balls at me. (I dont play tennis by the way). Finally, I went into the bathroom and the walls were all torn down and just had the slat boards up and water started pouring out on top of me from between the boards. The room was filling up with water and I was screaming and nobody could hear me and nobody would help open the door. Then my boyfriend woke me up because I was screaming in my sleep.

Guest Guest

I had a dream also, it was about getting along and why people can not do it here on BCVoice!

It's sad, but the dream has been going on for about 3 weeks now, and it's become a nightmare!

Archived